Needed Episodes

broken CD? lost CD?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Flyah
Popsicle kid

Post by Flyah »

I need For Better of Worse, Part 2. My Cd won't let me load it into itunes. Thanks for the help...
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

Okay, I'm not sure if anyone'll do this. But I have four albums of tapes that I'd like in mp3 format. I could take a picture of the albums if you want.

I have "Meanwhile, In Another Part of Town", "Risks and Rewards", "Chronicles, Kings and Crosses", and "Through Thick and Thin".

If you don't know what episodes are on "Chronicles, Kings and Crosses" I can list 'em for you.

A big fat thank to anyone who does this for me! :D
Oh, and maybe I should bribe you with some mullah... :-k Okay, I'll pay you 200 dollars if you'll send me all of these. \:D/
The good ol' ToO.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Flyah wrote:I need For Better of Worse, Part 2. My Cd won't let me load it into itunes. Thanks for the help...
I'm having the same problem. :-k Can some tech savvy person who owns the show PM me please? :pray:
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

Chandler wrote:
Flyah wrote:I need For Better of Worse, Part 2. My Cd won't let me load it into itunes. Thanks for the help...
I'm having the same problem. :-k Can some tech savvy person who owns the show PM me please? :pray:
Done
Last edited by Reddo on Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
Reddo
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Reddo »

I had these sent to me back in spring last year, however due to an unfortunate incident involving a cat and my external hard drive I no longer have them :( , If somebody could send me:

210: On Solid Ground
215: Caroling, Caroling
217: Rights, Wrongs and Reasons
218: A Class Act
223: Real Time

I would be most greatful
Reddo
aiowiki - we have a lot of info, check us out sometime
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Reddo wrote:however due to an unfortunate incident involving a cat and my external hard drive I no longer have them :(
:hilarious: I'll get 'em for you Reddo!
Flyah
Popsicle kid

Post by Flyah »

Reddo -

Did you hook me up with For Better or Worse? If so, How can I access? Please pm me.
Ingress Neverwhere
Resident Perditorian

Post by Ingress Neverwhere »

Hmm, so apparently I'm not the only one with this particular problem...a flaw in the CD, perhaps?

Anyway, my apologies for bumping a three month-old thread, but I am also in need of the episode "For Better or Worse, Part 2". I recently purchased album 44 but when I imported the episodes into iTunes, the last two tracks (last part of FBoW II and the deleted scene with Tom and Bernard) came out very garbled.

If anyone can help, please PM me and we can take it from there.

Perhaps I should have just waited until album 44 was re-released in June...

-Kim
The Bible that is falling apart belongs to the person who isn't.

But nobody else is gonna put it right for me,
Nobody but me is gonna change my story!
Sometimes you have to be a little bit naughty!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Ingress Neverwhere wrote:
Hmm, so apparently I'm not the only one with this particular problem...a flaw in the CD, perhaps?

Anyway, my apologies for bumping a three month-old thread, but I am also in need of the episode "For Better or Worse, Part 2". I recently purchased album 44 but when I imported the episodes into iTunes, the last two tracks (last part of FBoW II and the deleted scene with Tom and Bernard) came out very garbled.
Yes, there's clearly a problem of some of those particular CD's being defective. I called Focus and they had no idea there was a problem so that was a dead end. Looking at my CD, I see a groove in it that I think may be causing the problem but what can I do? :shrugs:

ETA: I'm not going to buy another album as there may still be the same problem. I would've considered buying album 44b but that doesn't include bonus material. :p
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

If you have a groove or scratch in a CD, I have a possible action. Try taking a bit of toothpaste and rubbing it with your clean finger on the groove. Then wet your finger and wipe the toothpaste off toward the outside edge of the CD. Let the CD dry and try it again.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Ingress Neverwhere
Resident Perditorian

Post by Ingress Neverwhere »

KODY 105 wrote:If you have a groove or scratch in a CD, I have a possible action. Try taking a bit of toothpaste and rubbing it with your clean finger on the groove. Then wet your finger and wipe the toothpaste off toward the outside edge of the CD. Let the CD dry and try it again.
*examines CD #4* Hmm... unfortunately, the playing surface appears to be pristine. So that rules out that reason.
Shawndlay wrote:Yes, there's clearly a problem of some of those particular CD's being defective. I called Focus and they had no idea there was a problem so that was a dead end.
Well, maybe now that they know there's a problem they'll be able to do something about it before 44 is re-released.

-Kim
The Bible that is falling apart belongs to the person who isn't.

But nobody else is gonna put it right for me,
Nobody but me is gonna change my story!
Sometimes you have to be a little bit naughty!
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

so do yall still need the episodes? cuase i currently have them all.
DarthEugene
Lurker

Post by DarthEugene »

Bumping this thread because I just came back to my Odyssey lovings only to find that some of my cds just will NOT work. Here are the replacements I need...

$10 Other Times,Other Places Disc 2 & 3

#49 The Sky's the Limit Discs 1-2-3

and I also have another problem before I boxed up my Odyssey CDs for a while I had just bought the 50th album and I re-opened the box to find that somehow the 50th album had been completely and utterly destroyed as the case and the discs are pieces everywhere,Thank God its the only set but it was at the top and I can't afford to replace 3 sets with the unplayable ones above and the 50th album so I could also please like the episodes from....

#50 The Best Small Town.

I have been struggling with my beliefs in God for the past year and am coming back to Odyssey after much talking with my youth minister best friend,and the associoate minister and after spending a week in a mental hospital. So if anyone could PLEASE help me replace these episodes so I can start buying the ones I still need(Truth Chronicles and #51 & #52) and also for everyone to keep me in their prayers as I have had a rough past couple of years. My name is Joey Carr so if you wanna have my real name for the prayer thats it.
Mark Prescott
Still standing tall

Post by Mark Prescott »

This is leagle if we own it, right?
~Mark Prescott~
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

If you have purchased them then yes it is.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I've wondered about that - why does buying it once entitle you to getting a free replacement copy if something happens to it? :-k I don't really know what copyright law specifically says, it just doesn't make sense to me that it works like that.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Laura Ingalls wrote:I've wondered about that - why does buying it once entitle you to getting a free replacement copy if something happens to it? :-k I don't really know what copyright law specifically says, it just doesn't make sense to me that it works like that.
As long as your only copy it for yourself, it's fine. The reason is that when you purchase media, you not only purchase the physical object (the CDs and case) but, you purchase the right to listen to it (or read it or what have you). Other wise it would be illegal to use any media you own. You obviously don't get the right to sell it, republish it, claim it as your own, etc. but, you do have the right to do with it what you want for your own use. So, if you prefer to read a book in Arial over times new roman, you can purchase a book, scan it onto your computer and enjoy it in a different font. The same idea let's you copy audio tracks that you own, in case you loose or break the actual physical object (the CDs) that they came on. The key is it being for your own use. If you're giving it to someone else, than it is for use but, it's for someone else's use, not your own. If you're reproducing it to sell on ebay, than it is for yourself but, it's for your own profit, not your own use.

Also, I'm praying for you, DarthEugene. :pray:
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
DarthEugene
Lurker

Post by DarthEugene »

$10 Other Times,Other Places Disc 2 & 3

#48 Moment of Truth Disc 4

#49 The Sky's the Limit Discs 1-2-3

#50 Best Small Town Discs 1-2-3-4

Just added Moment of Truth Disc 4 to my needed replacements as there are alot of skips in each episode of The Other Side of the Glass 3-Parter.

and here are the episode titles for those that would like to help...

Melanie's Diary(with bonus feature)
Someone to Watch Over
The Second Coming
Emmotional Baggage
Issac the Procrastinator(with bonus feature)
Last in a Long Line
The Other Side of the Glass Part I
The Other Side of the Glass Part II
The Other Side of the Glass Part III
A New Era Part I
A New Era Part II
A New Era Part III
BTV Temptation
Buddy Guard
Wooing Wooten
Something Significant
Life in the Third Person Part I
Life in the Third Person Part II
A Capsule Comes to Town
Suspicious Finds
License to Deprive
Accidental Dilemna Part I
Accidental Dilemna Part II
A Class Reenactment
The Forgotten Deed
The Triangled Web Part I
The Triangled Web Part II
Rights,Wrongs,Winners
The Imagination Station Revisted Part I
The Imagination Station Revisted Part II
Last edited by DarthEugene on Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

King Butter Turtle wrote:
Laura Ingalls wrote:I've wondered about that - why does buying it once entitle you to getting a free replacement copy if something happens to it? :-k I don't really know what copyright law specifically says, it just doesn't make sense to me that it works like that.
As long as your only copy it for yourself, it's fine. The reason is that when you purchase media, you not only purchase the physical object (the CDs and case) but, you purchase the right to listen to it (or read it or what have you). Other wise it would be illegal to use any media you own. You obviously don't get the right to sell it, republish it, claim it as your own, etc. but, you do have the right to do with it what you want for your own use. So, if you prefer to read a book in Arial over times new roman, you can purchase a book, scan it onto your computer and enjoy it in a different font. The same idea let's you copy audio tracks that you own, in case you loose or break the actual physical object (the CDs) that they came on. The key is it being for your own use. If you're giving it to someone else, than it is for use but, it's for someone else's use, not your own. If you're reproducing it to sell on ebay, than it is for yourself but, it's for your own profit, not your own use.
I see how you can copy your OWN stuff for your use, such as putting a copy on your mP3 player or something like that. But does that mean if the CD is broken, and you don't have a digital file backup, someone ELSE can give you a new copy? :-k That's what I was wondering...
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Laura Ingalls wrote:
King Butter Turtle wrote:
I see how you can copy your OWN stuff for your use, such as putting a copy on your mP3 player or something like that. But does that mean if the CD is broken, and you don't have a digital file backup, someone ELSE can give you a new copy? :-k That's what I was wondering...
Oh. Well, I don't see how it's any different. Let's say you don't know how to copy a CD so, a friend copy's a CD that you own for you. That's legal. Let's say, the friend happens to own the same CD so, just for convenience, she just copies her copy and gives it to you. That's legal, right? So, the only real difference is the order of the breaking/loosing of the CD and the copying. :-k I wouldn't think it would be any different.
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ