Hogan's Heroes

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

Yes! It was so cool! And now I think I'm watching the same one Catspaw was when she saw Parley Baer! \:D/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Barely Is wrote:Yes! It was so cool! And now I think I'm watching the same one Catspaw was when she saw Parley Baer! \:D/
Are you watching them in order? Because I saw an episode with Parley Baer in season two, but I haven't seen Hal Smith yet. :-k Parley Baer might be in more than one episode in season two, I guess. I think he was only in one in season one, and this was as a different character. I love the way that they use the same guy for several characters. :lol: William Christopher was in two episodes in season one, once as a German officer and once as an English escaped prisoner or something like that, and he's in at least one episode in season two where he's associated with the Allies. If I didn't recognize him from M*A*S*H I might not have noticed it as much, though.
Linne

Post by Linne »

Well, my Mom bought the complete season two after she bought just like seven of the episodes, (in which Parley Baer appears), so then I was watching the rest of the season, saw Hal Smith, then rewatched the first episodes and recognized Parley Baer. Wow, that was confusing. :anxious:
Top Cat
Fourscore and seven

Post by Top Cat »

Amazingly, I think this is the most popular thread I started. \:D/
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Yay for a popular thread! \:D/

I finally saw the episode with Hal Smith! Yay! \:D/ For some reason I had expected him to be a German officer, so it was a surprise to see that he wasn't.
Linne

Post by Linne »

But he at least had a German accent! \:D/ Although normally while watching a movie on the computer, I close the window and just lsiten, so it was like listening to Mr. Whittaker talking like a German. :-s
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

He didn't sound quite the same as Whit to me, even if the accent would have been taken away, since that was quite a few years earlier. If I had just heard it without seeing it, though, I might have noticed a greater resemblance. :-k I was just thrilled to finally be seeing the Hal Smith episode! I even e-mailed two friends from college that I know also like the show to tell them about my joy! \:D/
Mark Prescott
Still standing tall

Post by Mark Prescott »

*thread merged*

Hogan's Hero's fan club!!!!!! Please no bashers :shame: So what is your favorite character? Mine is Shultz! (sp?) "I hear nothing... I see nothing!..." \:D/
~Mark Prescott~
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Did someone say Hogan's Hero's?? I love it! :D
Last edited by The Kings Daughter on Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I love Schultz, and Klink is hilarious, but it's hard not to list the obvious person as my favourite - Hogan himself! :D But I can't really decide. :( Carter is fantastic too. "Hogan's Heroes" is a great show to watch! When I first started watching, thanks to a friend's recommendation, I thought that they would run out of ideas too quickly, but since then I've bought all six seasons and have seen all the episodes, and I've rewatched a bunch of them, along with several other family members, so I guess I was wrong. ;)
Mark Prescott
Still standing tall

Post by Mark Prescott »

In five and six they started running out of ideas...
~Mark Prescott~
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

I probably like Carter the best. :D But Newkirk (sp?) is awesome too...

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Newkirk... :inlove:
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I've seen a handful of episodes in my time, back when I was a kid. I remember them as good, and now this thread makes me think of the good ol' days of watching TV at my grandparents house. Also, this makes me think of a fanfic I read about Hogans Heroes; it might've been written by someone on here, but I'm not sure.

Till the end of the line.
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

Hogan's Heroes is great. \:D/ I still watch a show once in a while, but not as much as I used to.

It's way too difficult to pick a favorite character, I like them all.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Never seen it. Want to though.
UNCLEBITTLES
I AM A BEAST!
I AM A BEAST!

Post by UNCLEBITTLES »

Never heard of it.
Wow
so doge
much voting
such election
wow.
Mark Prescott
Still standing tall

Post by Mark Prescott »

It is SOOOOO good Yanny. You sould look it up. :yes:
~Mark Prescott~
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

:mad: :thud: I love this show! It is so hilarious! I like the way Hogan manipulates Klink.
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
EvangelineWalker
I'm a teapot

Post by EvangelineWalker »

I love this show! I have 2 seasons--1st and 6th. It's weird how poeple get mad that it's making fun of a concentration camp. It is a POW camp, in which the prisoners were at least treated better considering they were Nazis...