Which is your favorite Whit?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!

Which Whit is your favorite?

Hal Smith
58%
Paul Herlinger
31%
Andre Stojka
11%

Total votes: 45

AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

Which is your favorite Whit?

Post by AIO Psyche »

What is the most loved Whit? For me, it's Paul Herlinger. He was the Whit that I grew up on :-)

The new Whit just doesn't sit well with me at all. That's just me......How about you guys?
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

I like Paul Herlinger because he's the one I also grew up with. He didn't seem too old (as I portrayed Hal Smith), but just perfect for the job of Whit.
Andre Stojka is right behind him, because I think he portrays Whit fairly well, though I wish he wasn't so laughy. It seems like he laughs a wee bit too much.
And finally is Hal Smith. He was OK, but just not a Whit I truly enjoyed.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

hmm 1 1 and 1! I voted but I can't tell who. :noway:
shadowdog
Still standing tall

Post by shadowdog »

No doubt. the best is Paul!
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

I grew up listening to Paul Herlinger; and I do like him, but Hal Smith was the best. Andre is alright, but not more than that.

Till the end of the line.
Mrs Jason Whittaker
Classic

Post by Mrs Jason Whittaker »

Hal Smith has always been Whit for me. After years, Paul Herlinger grew on me and I think he did a wonderful job. Andre Stojka does a great job and his voice is also growing on me. But Hal--he was the original. And he was the Whit I grew up with. He will always be the true Whit that other Whits try to be like.
"Your days, at the most, cannot be long. It would be best to use them for the glory of God and the benefit of your generation."
-William Booth
Taps

Post by Taps »

ok I will tell you. Andre Stojka.
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

Hal Smith.

Hal Smith felt as my own grandfather, since I had none growing up. While Paul did a wonderful job, Hal will always be Whit to me. Paul was never able to imitate his warm laugh, although he did add new and many good aspects to Whit. :)

Andre is fine, I suppose. I seldom listen to anything beyond album 30, so I can't judge too harshly.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Paul Herlinger is definitely my favorite. :yes:

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Lately in the new episodes, I've really enjoyed Andre Stojka, so I voted for him.
Taps

Post by Taps »

yay finally another person! also I already knew that the winner was going to be Hal. I mean its just kinda expected.
EMBEE
I've been working out
Location: Where is here? The last time I checked it was the same place as usual.

Post by EMBEE »

Hal Smith is definitely my favorite.
Thanks to my Secret Santa for the set!
Macy's Corner | My Tumblr | Deviant Art
Eight Muppety Notes: Tumblr | Twitter
Official Term 17 moderator
She left many of us behind. She left us heartbroken. And though we cry now there'll come a time when we'll laugh. Because we'll see her again someday. We'll be with her in heaven. And when we go to heaven she'll be there to greet us. She'll be there to say "Welcome home." -From a poem that SnC wrote about her grandmother
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Paul Herlinger is my favorite. I grew up listening to him. Clara, the Novacom saga, No Way Out, Silent Night... I simply love his voicing in episodes like these. That being said, Hal Smith is fantastic as well. He's a very close second. Andre Stojka isn't bad, but his version of Whit takes a while to get used to.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Jason Whits Son
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Jason Whits Son »

To me Paul and Hal's voices were very close. So close in fact that I can't tell that much of a difference. Therefore a tie exists between those two. As for Andre, I like him, but Paul and Hal are the ones I've been used to forever. They'll always remain my favorite.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Easily Hal Smith. For one thing, the first real of fandom is THE ORIGINAL IS ALWAYS THE BEST no matter what! ;)

But regardless, yes, I still like him the best. Clearly he is the one the others try to imitate... Andre is trying to channel Hal, not Paul. Like someone basically already said, Paul had practically the exact same voice, but he could never totally emulate the warmth and heart of Hal Smith. Andre now is sort of the opposite... the voice isn't quite there like it was for Paul but he injects some of the same inflections that Hal had that Paul never really picked up on. Paul's Whit to me almost always just sounded really tired, where Hal was more alive and Andre is practically Whit on crack. \:D/

That all being said I don't want to diminish the contributions of either Paul or Andre... Paul is at this point my second favorite, and he really did a remarkable job considering the shoes he was stepping into... and he is the longest running Whit to date, which I'm sure explains why he is the favorite of so many. Andre of course has barely just begin... I didn't care for him at all when he first started on the Passages thing, but he has grown on me and I think improved to a great extent; although he definitely is more different than Paul was from Hal.
odysseyfan1
Classic

Post by odysseyfan1 »

Paul Herlinger was really good. Andre Stojka is really bad.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Definitely Hal Smith. He had such a great, warm voice and laugh. I always felt like he was the perfect grandfather/mentor, and you just want to give him a hug. \:D/ Paul was good too, but I just always prefer Hal.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

I think Hal Smith will be the quintessential Whit, no matter how you look at it. He was the person who defined who Whit was and should be. Hence my vote in the poll. That said, Paul Herlinger did an awesome job, especially first off in "The Search for Whit." I think later on, he got tired and cranky (was it just me or did not seem himself in the Novacom saga?) which I think diminished his impact. But overall, very good. Andre....Eeesh. :anxious:
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

^Yeah I criticize Paul's lack of emotion and sounding tired, however starting off in Search for Whit and early on there, he embodied Hal Smith moreso. I guess being over 80 years old will have a toll on a person, though. >_>
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

My favorite would be Paul Herlinger because that was the Whit I grew up with. Hal Smith comes in a close second. I like Andre Stojka's voice too, but it seems like he laughs too much.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis