Windows or Linux?

A new pointless poll thread

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Windows or Linux?

Post by gimp80995 »

At least this shows some originality.

I prefer Windows, but I do have to admit that from what I've heard, I'd probably like Linux just as well.

What is your preference?

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Windows, but only becuase it's the only thing I've ever used.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

same here
Bmuntz
Former Mayor

Post by Bmuntz »

I prefer Windows myself.
drwhit73
Gold Member

Post by drwhit73 »

Windows
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

I've never used Linux, nor do I have any desire to. So I'll have to stick with Windows.

-Jonathan
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

Where in the world are Tim Peterson and Hawkeye when ya need them ;)

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Windows, simply because that's the only OS I've ever used. From Win 95, to Win 98, to Windows XP . . . I don't think we ever made the jump to Windows 2000. Ugh, I still remember the days of black screens and lots of Ctrl + Alt + Del. ](*,)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Windows, simply because that's the only OS I've ever used. From Win 95, to Win 98, to Windows XP . . . I don't think we ever made the jump to Windows 2000. Ugh, I still remember the days of black screens and lots of Ctrl + Alt + Del. ](*,)
Those days are still here.

I definitely prefer Linux. At the moment, Mandrake is my favorite distro, although I have obtained Knoppix (have yet to experiment with it) and want to get Xandros. Red Hat is also good. I also want to install Linux on my XBOX. Although Linux is my favorite OS, I have to use Windows most of the time. All my games, and my video editing software all run on Windows. It's most infuriating. I also like DOS. It's still fun to use, because most of my friends are amazed that I know how to use a command line OS. It's not that hard, it's what I started on. Anyway, Linux rocks, but don't try it unless you want a steep learning curve.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Linux. [-( It comes with cooler games than Windows. O:)
(Really I haven't used Linux enough to give an informed opinion.)