680: The Green Ring Conspiracy, Part 2

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

How do you rate this part of the episode?

5/5 stars
64%
4/5 stars
32%
3/5 stars
5%
2/5 stars
No votes
1/5 stars
No votes

Total votes: 22

Bren
Be positive!

680: The Green Ring Conspiracy, Part 2

Post by Bren »

Enjoy to your hearts content.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Post by Parker Family »

Yay got to hear it early for my Time Zone!

Finally after just hearing the name Buck Oliver, I finally hear who he is!
Cool Character. 8-)
Last edited by Parker Family on Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Oh my this album is turning out sooo good!! It seems like AIO again. The last few albums have seemed hardly anything like AIO, but I totally feel like part of the good old AIO-ness ( ;) ) is coming back with this album! :D

And now I'm really excited because I'm getting this album Sunday. :inlove:

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
manfrednissley
I've been here a bit

Post by manfrednissley »

Did I hear the Bad guy say the following correctly? Black Curds and Corn Husks? Black Curds sounds awfully similar to Blackgaard!
Most recent post: 12/1/2013, Thankfulness
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Haha I have listen'd to The Album AND the Radio Version and like TKD I am impressed. I think Cause and Effect was for sure up to AIO standers. I don't think 51 was quite but it was ok. But Album 53 WOW! I was WOW'd by it. I love Jay in these episodes! :lol: Jay: " You mean the PLANE CRASH that I just saw LIVE and in PERSON?" Nelson: "I saw it to!" Jay: "I saw it first!" Nelson: "Oh yeah what time were you there"? Jay: "About 5 minutes before YOU WERE!" :lol:

I think Nelson is getting old. I would enjoy Ryan more then Nelson especially since Nelson is played by a girl. ( Uggh ) But I enjoy the Kidsboro Characters. I liked Matthew " The police Station!!!" * Click *

I really like Detective Polehaus in this episode. When he said " People don't Change" It reminded me of Javert from Les Miserables. All in all this was a great episode! 5 out of 5! Much better then Ep 1!

TGRC
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

I laughed at Nelson's line about his dad leaving the shed alone for 3 years. :D It was pretty good!

\:D/
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

thegreenringC wrote: I think Nelson is getting old.
Old as in age or old as in too much of him? I like him personally.

Post by 31899 »

My opinion so far is that they should have spaced these episodes out more or released this as radio theatre. This episode was okay 3/5 stars due to lack of interesting and extreme predictability. It might just be that I require to grow down some but AIO seems to becoming more and more predictable :( Hopefully we shall some plot twists in the upcoming episodes, although I can tell you that at the end of this everything will resolve and it will be "happily ever after."

Trixie Belden
Honourary Narnian
Honourary Narnian

Post by Trixie Belden »

Oh, you'll get a few plot twists alright, if you're worried about that. Maybe I'm just dense, but there were a couple of scenes where I was like "Wow. I did NOT see that coming". It really starts with the plot twist feeling around episode 8, so try to hold out until then. I don't think that you'll be disappointed.
Moontide

Post by Moontide »

Hopefully we shall some plot twists in the upcoming episodes, although I can tell you that at the end of this everything will resolve and it will be "happily ever after."
Do you want it not to end "happily ever after"?

Post by 31899 »

Trixie Belden wrote:
Oh, you'll get a few plot twists alright, if you're worried about that. Maybe I'm just dense, but there were a couple of scenes where I was like "Wow. I did NOT see that coming". It really starts with the plot twist feeling around episode 8, so try to hold out until then. I don't think that you'll be disappointed.
Spoilers!
Moontide wrote:
Hopefully we shall some plot twists in the upcoming episodes, although I can tell you that at the end of this everything will resolve and it will be "happily ever after."
Do you want it not to end "happily ever after"?
I would prefer if it ended it with something more realistic than everything working out and being okay, because it poorly reflects reality. (Yes I know, AIO in general is not realistic). Now, I know good triumphs over evil in the end, but it's not the end yet.

I was driving to Canadian Tire today and it happened that today's episode was on the radio, but when it came to the sirens I mildly freaked out because I had forgotten that there were sirens in this episode and couldn't figure out where they were coming from.

Moontide

Post by Moontide »

I agree with that. Also, right now it seems that only bad things happen to the bad guys. :(
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

This episode was kind of confusing, because it kept jumping around between short scenes with way too many people. And who in the world in this guy who sounds like one of the new "bullies" with a slight southern accent?

4/5
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

This episode was pretty much amazing. It had me going "huh?' and "ha!" and "woah!" It was much more exciting than the first part. There was so many funny lines that had me laughing through the whole thing. The only thing I didn't like was Emily Jones. I HATE her character. But at least she wasn't a big part of this ep. 4/5 stars for me. I would have rated it 5 stars if Emily wasn't in it. Oh, and I don't think it's real important that Monty came back. Richard Maxwell would have been better.
AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

Post by AIO Psyche »

Anyone have an audio link for iPad and iPhone users?
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

AIO Psyche wrote:Anyone have an audio link for iPad and iPhone users?
http://fotf.cdnetworks.net/fotf/mp3/aio ... 19_680.mp3 (I think that will work.)

Overall, this is just a solid episode. Exciting, fun and mysterious. No complaints.

4.4, or A-
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

31899 wrote:I was driving to Canadian Tire today and it happened that today's episode was on the radio, but when it came to the sirens I mildly freaked out because I had forgotten that there were sirens in this episode and couldn't figure out where they were coming from.

Once, I was riding my bike along the highway while listening to "First-Hand Experience" on my iPod. Not only could I not hear cars coming that would suddenly sweep past right past me, but when Eugene and Bernard were walking along the side of the highway, I heard cars coming from behind on my iPod, I'd turn around, and there was nothing there. I was pretty weird.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
jennifertwt
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by jennifertwt »

Okay, now that this has been aired I can ask my questions.
1) Why is Monty called Monty 'Whitaker' and not Monty Whitaker-Dowd?
2) If the dr received a directive from the Secret Service why is she telling Whit about it? She doesn't know he has clearance. And why is she speculating on Monty's job? Her job is to treat his injuries and keep him secure. Tell the family enough to reassure them about his health, but I wouldn't think she would be discussing his possible undercover occupation. That seemed too contrived to me.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

I think that Dr. Graham's a little loosy-goosy on the rules.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I mentioned this in the SPOILER RIDDEN thread I think, but I will say it here now! :x

Anyone think that Mr. Skint (or whatever his name is >_>) sounds a lot like he could have been voiced by Walker Edminston? Obviously that isn't the case. ;) But if I was unaware Edminston had passed away I would have just assumed he was voicing him.