The Magician's Nephew is NEXT!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!

How excited are you?

I CAN'T WAIT!
58%
It does interest me.
26%
Eh, who cares.
5%
End Narnia now!
5%
I have no life opinion.
5%

Total votes: 19

American Eagle
Chief of Police
The Magician's Nephew is NEXT!

Post by American Eagle »

ComingSoon.net and The Christian Post wrote:Walden Media co-founder and president Michael Flaherty has revealed to The Christian Post that if there will be another "Narnia" movie, it will be The Magician's Nephew and not The Silver Chair as many fans has expected.

"We are starting to talk to Fox and talk to the C.S. Lewis estate now about the Magician's Nephew being our next film," Flaherty said. "If we can all agree to move forward, then what we would do is find someone to write the script. So, it could still be a couple of years."

The third film in the franchise, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader was made for about $155 million and earned $403.9 million worldwide. While that was down a bit from Prince Caspian's $419.7 million, that second film also cost more to make - in the $225 million range. The first film, The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, is still the most successful having pulled in an impressive $745 million with a budget of $180 million.

Flaherty told the site that The Magician's Nephew, the sixth book published in the seven title series and a prequel to The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, is his favorite.

"I love the Magician's Nephew because it's a great origins story. You get to learn so much about where the wardrobe came from, where the lamppost came from, where Narnia came from," he said.

The Magician's Nephew is the second most popular book in the series behind only The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe.

Flaherty added that they will again be targeting a Christmas release for The Magician's Nephew.

This could be so amazing. :o What do you say?
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I was wondering if they were going to make this one. It will be interesting to see how it compares with the book.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Eh, it seems strange to not to the Silver Chair... and the sequence goes against both the published AND chronological order. :-k

So basically if Silver Chair IS ever made Eustace will be recast or really old. >_>
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I'm glad I know which one is next now. Very excited about it! :D Though I was hoping to see more of Eustace. :(
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

lulz, why are the poll options either 'SUPER PUMPED' or 'don't care'? ;)

I do find it interesting that they're not doing the Silver Chair right away... wouldn't they want to get it done as soon as possible before their child actors start growing older?
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

They should have made Silver Chair then Last Battle then Magicians Nephew THEN Magicians Nephew. But Ah. I hope they use the same Eustace! They are probably saving Last Battle for last so they can use the original Lucy, Edmund, and Peter.
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

what if they don't plan on making any more after this? :o
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Booo....I wish they were doing Silver Chair next. :( Although I'm glad it sounds like at least one more Narnia movie will be done, I just think that now SC will probably never be made. No more Eustace. No Puddleglum. :(
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

o.O MORE NARNIA! *glomps*

Wait, Magician's Nephew?! :( I was hoping for SC to come out. :/ But, on the brighter side, we still will get to see the creation of Narnia! \:D/
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I really expected AE to pull a Top-style move and have the first line of the thread be "...on my list of books to read, since people keep harassing me to read the Chronicles of Narnia books." ;)

While I am surprised that this is the next one they're talking about, I am really glad that there's at least potential for another CoN movie! :D I really hope that this gets made and that they do a great job with it.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I went into this in detail in the Narnia faction and don’t feel like repeating myself, so suffice it to say I strongly disagree with this decision and if they decide to go with it I think it will unfortunately bring about the end of the dream of making each book into a film.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

I'm glad that they're doing a film that hasn't been done yet, as the Silver Chair was already done by the BBC, along with the 3 already made. I'm worried that the Last Battle will never be made into a movie. I feel that because of the Biblical accuracy, and the unpopularless of this topic from that angle in Hollywood, this may never happen.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

I hope they do make all the movies but for now I'm taking it one movie at a time. It's exciting they're making a new one \:D/ Especially with how doubtful they were at first about making a fourth movie. Sure, there are cons to making this one before SC. Eustace will grow older. But there are pros too. The White Witch is in this one and she's nearing the point of being unable to play that part anymore. Also for actors like Eustace and such, it's easier to make them look younger. And if they made SC they would have to make the Last Battle shortly after that because of Jill. Not sure what the real reason behind them choosing this one before SC but either way, I'm just glad they're making a new one and am really looking forward to seeing it \:D/ Does it come out in 2013?
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:I'm glad that they're doing a film that hasn't been done yet, as the Silver Chair was already done by the BBC, along with the 3 already made. I'm worried that the Last Battle will never be made into a movie. I feel that because of the Biblical accuracy, and the unpopularless of this topic from that angle in Hollywood, this may never happen.
Except... the BBC ones can't compare to those made. =P So I'd still rather the SC. *sighs* Oh, Puddlglum. :(

I will most definitely go see this and bawl my eyes out when Aslan talks again. \:D/ But I'll still be wishing it was Puddleglum's amazing speech on believing in Narnia even if there isn't any Narnia.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

The Magician's Nephew is really next?? WOOT. That should be so fun to watch! :D

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
gunblader3
Found

Post by gunblader3 »

As much as I love Chronicles of Narnia, I can't say I am pleased about the movie adaptions. The latest one (the dawn treader) let me down on how unfaithful they were to the book. Plus the acting from the kids still needs work. So I'm not looking forward to it unless they step up on their game.
Children are pure, they know who's the strongest. ~ Mask de Smith
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

No matter what they do, The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe will still be my favorite. The Plus, when everyone posted in this thread, they forgort "A Horse and His Boy" as one of the books still needing a movie. Not that I would care if they skipped that one. It was kind of...far out even for Narnia. However, I like it better than The Magician's Nephew. It's a little confusing and scattered, to me. I still don't fully get it.

BTW: gunblader3 is right. They aren't being real faithful to the books. But, then again they did make a production company change...
he/him | a little stinker.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Catspaw wrote:I really expected AE to pull a Top-style move and have the first line of the thread be "...on my list of books to read, since people keep harassing me to read the Chronicles of Narnia books." ;)
That would have been awesome. AE doesn't really do stuff like that, though. :(

Ya, I can't say I care much. Dawn Treader was quite a disappointment to me.. and not even because it wasn't faithful to the book, but simply because it was a bad movie. Shoot me, but my opinion stands. ;)
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Jelly wrote:
Catspaw wrote:I really expected AE to pull a Top-style move and have the first line of the thread be "...on my list of books to read, since people keep harassing me to read the Chronicles of Narnia books." ;)
That would have been awesome. AE doesn't really do stuff like that, though. :(

Ya, I can't say I care much. Dawn Treader was quite a disappointment to me.. and not even because it wasn't faithful to the book, but simply because it was a bad movie. Shoot me, but my opinion stands. ;)
JELLY THE DIGNIFIED TROLL CRITIC.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

DEAL WITH IT. :x