Everyone's Wod-Fam-Choc-Sod

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Dallas R.
My posts are revolutionary

Post by Dallas R. »

31899 wrote:Why don't you take a byte inluvsns?

I made it with: chocolate ice cream, club soda (soda water), chocolate syrup and whip cream. The recipe is in the fold out of album 51. (it somewhat make up for the episodes in the album)

Bad tangent, but where'd you get Club Soda. Only place I've ever scene that was in Bolivia.

I've really got to make one of these things one day, but I'm never sure where to get soda water.
Katrina Meltsner talking to Katrina Shanks Video
(Pamela Hayden and Audrey Wasilewski face-off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHyEphRM4g

Yep. Using my signature for a shameless plug. But trust me. If I can be so arrogant, I think it'll be worth your time.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Dallas R. wrote:
31899 wrote:Why don't you take a byte inluvsns?

I made it with: chocolate ice cream, club soda (soda water), chocolate syrup and whip cream. The recipe is in the fold out of album 51. (it somewhat make up for the episodes in the album)

Bad tangent, but where'd you get Club Soda. Only place I've ever scene that was in Bolivia.

I've really got to make one of these things one day, but I'm never sure where to get soda water.
Your local supermarket should have it, I see it at Safeway all the time.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Club soda, aka, sparkling water...
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

I altered the recipe a little, to improve it. I didn't have any club soda, and don't like chocolate, so I replaced the chocolate ice cream and syrup with fruit punch. Then all I did was replace the whipping cream with ice cubes (homemade ice cubes), and voilà!

Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

Good job. So, does it taste the same, even though you changed it a little?
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Boswell
Classic

Post by Boswell »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:Good job. So, does it taste the same, even though you changed it a little?
Good grief, no. Remember how I don't like chocolate? But it is fruity and delicious. Whit should make this the official recipe for the WodFamChocSod, everyone would like it better.
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

Based on the actual Whit's End version at FOTF, it's basically like drinking chocolate syrup straight from the bottle. :wink: (Don't take that the wrong way. It's certainly delicious; you'll just get a headache if you have more than... like a tablespoon. It's sooooooo sweet!) Anyway, in my opinion, it's not worth going out and buying soda water for, save special occasions.

lol, Boswell. Speaking of Whit's End menu items and red stuff (that's quite a stretch, isn't it? :wink: ) , I wish they'd release the recipe for Raspberry Ripples. Those are super good! \:D/
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

King Butter Turtle wrote:Based on the actual Whit's End version at FOTF, it's basically like drinking chocolate syrup straight from the bottle. :wink: (Don't take that the wrong way. It's certainly delicious; you'll just get a headache if you have more than... like a tablespoon. It's sooooooo sweet!) Anyway, in my opinion, it's not worth going out and buying soda water for, save special occasions.

lol, Boswell. Speaking of Whit's End menu items and red stuff (that's quite a stretch, isn't it? :wink: ) , I wish they'd release the recipe for Raspberry Ripples. Those are super good! \:D/
:shock: *Overdramatic gasp!!!* But that's a closely guarded Whittaker family secret! No one outside of the family has ever seen it. I doubt even Bourland's agents found it while watching Whit during Novacom!
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

I had a Wod Fam Choc Sod today ... at Whit's End. :D
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

Hopefully next year, I'll get to go the live show as my graduation present, and I'll be able to sample one such beverage. \:D/
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

StrongNChrist wrote:Give me the recipe. I beg you :pray:

And if it's easier...just call iluvsns "Lee" ;)
I'm not sure I'm aloud to but I'm pretty sure you can find it on the AIO website or in the fold-out in AIO 51. (Just a note, use less chocolate syrup then dictated)
Boswell wrote:I altered the recipe a little, to improve it. I didn't have any club soda, and don't like chocolate, so I replaced the chocolate ice cream and syrup with fruit punch. Then all I did was replace the whipping cream with ice cubes (homemade ice cubes), and voilà!

[put giant image here]
*Laughing on the inside* Oh Boswell, you make my day that much more enjoyable.

StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

I don't have AIO 51 :mecry:
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

LizzieG wrote:I had a Wod Fam Choc Sod today ... at Whit's End. :D
Sure, go ahead and rub it in. :x

I was going to say that Boswell was the best thing ever, but then I remembered Raspberry Ripple ice cream at Whit's End, and it really is delicious! I definitely have to have it at least once whenever I next get to go to Colorado. It won't be the same without Katie Leigh asking to try a bite, but I'm sure it will still be delightful. :D
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

I had lots of club soda after I made my first wodfamchocsod so after I ran out of chocolate ice cream I still have lots of club soda. Point: I made a Boswell wodfamchocsod. \:D/

I didn't get to go to the live show :(

Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Catspaw wrote:
LizzieG wrote:I had a Wod Fam Choc Sod today ... at Whit's End. :D
Sure, go ahead and rub it in. :x
I agree with Catspaw :noway:

anyway, Liz once made us all Wod Fam Choc Sods and they tasted pretty good. :D

Till the end of the line.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Leonard Meltsner wrote:Hopefully next year, I'll get to go the live show as my graduation present, and I'll be able to sample one such beverage. \:D/
Live show next year?

ToOmeetupToOmeetupToOmeetupToOmeetup???? ;)

\:D/
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

iluvsns wrote:
Leonard Meltsner wrote:Hopefully next year, I'll get to go the live show as my graduation present, and I'll be able to sample one such beverage. \:D/
Live show next year?

ToOmeetupToOmeetupToOmeetupToOmeetup???? ;)
YESSS!!!