What are you afraid of?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

What are you afraid of?

Post by Jesus' Princess »

What are you all afraid of? I'm scared of the dentist, pain, (unless it's self inflicted) and *gulps* needles! and also heights. (only if I'm really high up and I look down) I have no problem with snakes, spiders and things like that though.
Last edited by Jesus' Princess on Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LJ Gibbs
29K to go!

Post by LJ Gibbs »

I'm afraid of failure. Its a pathological fear :anxious:
But I don't let it stop me from trying ;)

The revelation of God is whole and pulls our lives together.
The signposts of God are clear and point out the right road.
The life-maps of God are right, showing the way to joy.
The directions of God are plain and easy on the eyes.
God's reputation is twenty-four-carat gold, with a lifetime guarantee.
The decisions of God are accurate down to the nth degree.
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I'm scared that we won't have a summer this year.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

spiders...
not getting done with my schoolwork...
not being accepted...
how I appear to others...

Wow. Not so good. :(

\:D/
Mimi
Animatronic

Post by Mimi »

Spiders and any bugs whose legs, segments etc. are clearly visible! *shudders at the thought*
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Mimi wrote:Spiders and any bugs whose legs, segments etc. are clearly visible! *shudders at the thought*
Hear hear! :highfive:

EXACTLY.

I fervently hope their won't be insects in Heaven... ;)

Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

1 Timothy 1:7.

I am currently working on conquering my fear of bugs. ;) So far I have been pretty stoic around bees- no spiders confrontations yet, though. :anxious: And I absolutely HATE needles, but it's not really a fear... *shrugs*

EDIT: And Lee... there most certainly will be. ;) They just won't be harmful cause there won't be the curse of the fallen earth on them. :shrugs:
Last edited by Termite on Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

Termite wrote:1 Timothy 1:7.

I am currently working on conquering my fear of bugs. ;) So far I have been pretty stoic around bees- no spiders confrontations yet, though. :anxious: And I absolutely HATE needles, but it's not really a fear... *shrugs*

EDIT: And Lee... there most certainly will be. ;) They just won't be harmful cause there won't be the curse of the fallen earth on them. :shrugs:
I mean like nasty ones. ;) I guess maybe bugs were cute before The Fall....

Dakota
Found

Post by Dakota »

God.
I'za weirdo.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

bad sickness/disease, the dentist, and this may be inappropriate...
naked people :shock:
I think those are the big ones. And yes, definitely afraid of failure too...
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

people that are made to look like statues.

and spiders.
:(
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

I am afraid of fear. :(

Let's see, spiders, needles, heights, snakes, and cherry pie. \:D/

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

The Kings Daughter wrote:I am afraid of fear. :(

Let's see, spiders, needles, heights, snakes, and cherry pie. \:D/
{glances through the list and nods head, understanding why those may be someone's fears...then pauses} Cherry pie?! What's threatening about cherry pie? :dumb:
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Dakota
Found

Post by Dakota »

I am shocked at your lists.

as Christians we are to be scared of the Wrath of God. not one of you has God anywhere in your list.
I'za weirdo.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I am scared of change, my schedule getting mixed up, and imperfection. God is working with me to overcome those fears.
Dakota wrote:I am shocked at your lists.

as Christians we are to be scared of the Wrath of God. not one of you has God anywhere in your list.
I know that the Bible says to fear the Lord, but it doesn't say to be afraid of His Wrath. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.) By fearing God, we are suppose to respect and honor Him. Not literally, be afraid of him.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

^^Yeah.

If you take a more direct translation from Hebrew, the Hebrew word for 'fear' translates to 'in awe' or 'reverence'. Not the boogeyman kind of fear.

I do not fear my God nor His wrath which WON'T be directed to me... "A thousand may fall at my side, and ten thousand at my right hand, but it shall not come near me..."Pslam 91, verse 8? I have the whole chapter memorized; not the verses. =P His wrath is reserved for life after death, i.e. Hell. As Christians, we have nothing to 'fear'. He commands our respect and awe, but He is not so unlike a father that we should tremble around Him.
Last edited by Termite on Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Yeah, I'm not gonna go, "Ahh! It's God! I'm scared!" =P

Cockroaches.
And frogs.
And really scary looking people :(
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Spiders. :x I was outside painting yesterday, turned my head slightly, and there was a fat hairy little spider sitting on my shoulder! :mad: Ack! Horribleness!
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Termite wrote:^^Yeah.

If you take a more direct translation from Hebrew, the Hebrew word for 'fear' translates to 'in awe' or 'reverence'. Not the boogeyman kind of fear.

I do not fear my God nor His wrath which WON'T be directed to me... "A thousand may fall at my side, and ten thousand at my right hand, but it shall not come near me..."Pslam 91, verse 8? I have the whole chapter memorized; not the verses. =P His wrath is reserved for life after death, i.e. Hell. As Christians, we have nothing to 'fear'. He commands our respect and awe, but He is not so unlike a father that we should tremble around Him.
Funny this should be brought up, because a while ago I was reading 1 John 4:18: 'There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.'

Of course, I was somewhat confused about this at first, considering Proverbs 1:7, but now I know that those are different kinds of fear.

But, anyway, I'm afraid of...people, mostly. lol. :anxious: And I'm afraid of failure. And all the normal things, I suppose. You know, venomous spiders and snakes, et cetera.
shadowdog
Still standing tall

Post by shadowdog »

I'm afraid of:
Tornadoes
Being in the Woods at night time

AHH!