684: The Green Ring Conspiracy Part 6

Archived reviews of Adventures in Odyssey episodes!

What do you rate this episode?

5 stars
33%
4 stars
33%
3 stars
33%
2 stars
No votes
1 star
No votes

Total votes: 9

Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

684: The Green Ring Conspiracy Part 6

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Discuss and review this week's episode! \:D/

The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
EUCC
Someone's favorite

Post by EUCC »

is there a link to it? The one at Whitsend.org leads to Pipe Dreams for me.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Others are having that problem - I don't have the link myself, I listened on the radio. :-k Not sure what's going on with the FotF player. It's the same way on OnePlace as well.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

A bit too many scene changes and too many people... At least Wooton's finally appeared, although Penny is very annoying... 3/5
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

Others are having that problem - I don't have the link myself, I listened on the radio. :-k Not sure what's going on with the FotF player. It's the same way on OnePlace as well.
I am getting it right now.
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

I'm guessing Penny will turn out to be a villian. She seems the least likely. Also, why is Wooton getting another "girlfirend?" He already got one and lost one 3 albums ago?

Yay for Katrina!!

"He screams like a little girl." I love that line! So funny! :lol: :lol:
Bren
Be positive!

Post by Bren »

For those who can't find it.
ImageImageImage
logos linked
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Comments:

(a) "Of course it is, Connie. I never kid about liquorice." :roll:
(b) "You've described most of them men who work for me... and a few of the women." :lol:
(c) The carnival scene is truly the most fun scene of the entire album.
(d) Whit's prayer was a good way to end the episode.

Just abother good episode. A-
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

WHAT IS A COLIAPIE?! I've never heard of this thing, and because I can't spell it, I can't Google it! (For those who don't get my spelling, it's the thing that looks like liquorice.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Wikipedia wrote:A calliope is a musical instrument that produces sound by sending a gas, originally steam or more recently compressed air, through large whistles, originally locomotive whistles.
\:D/
Calliope

Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Laura Ingalls wrote:
Wikipedia wrote:A calliope is a musical instrument that produces sound by sending a gas, originally steam or more recently compressed air, through large whistles, originally locomotive whistles.
\:D/
Calliope

THANK YOU!
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Episode Six
Whit and Polehaus come back to Monty (who’s confused as to why on earth they’re full with strudel) and tell him that the mystery man at the dock and the guy who told Penny to do the painting are one and the same! Of course, we know that’s Skint. They don’t. Ahh, the glories of getting to be everywhere. I mean, do you think it’s right for Polehaus to be suspicious of every Haggler? Yeah, if I’ve had a bad run in with some guy, I’ll probably be more cautios. But Polehaus has taken it to some extremes...but, one of his ideas could make some sense. Could the carnival be the way to distribute the money? Polehaus is so distrusting, and Whit is the exact opposite. Somehow, this isn’t like the original Whit I remember...he seems a little dumber now, needing Monty to spell everything out. BLARGH! But Monty comes up with a wonderful formula:
Everything>>Carnival>>Green Ring Conspiracy
So off to the carnival they are!
Meanwhile, Penny is complaining about involved bananas and Connie’s talking about Polehaus and Whit. Penny...drives...me...(in)sane. And...*drumroll* ENTER WOOTON!
*promptly dies*
And with Wooton and Penny, I can conclude the rest of the season is a total fail. *end of review*
Not so fast, Slappy, I ain’t done here. But..Wooton and Penny together hit it off, and that means I’m hitting my head, headdesking, and facepalming. They start rambling about conundrum clubs and a whole lot of silly things. WHY DO THE WRITERS HAVE TO PUT ME THROUGH TORTURE?! *dies* In other words, let’s skip the rest of this scene.
As the machine continues to grind away trying to find the password, Emily comes back in her snobby mood. Stop talking, Emily. You’re soooo annoying. You and Penny and Wooton should stay together in some cage. Fortunately, she leaves immediately and Katrina comes back. Somehow, I wonder why she didn’t insist harder for Skint to come to Whit’s End....Somehow, I think she would have been smarter to that. And Matthew sums up him and Emily perfectly: I’m me; she’s her. QFT!
So Monty’s the clown? Monty the clown (who’s either funnier or creepier)! Somehow, I figured out from the start that Monty was gonna not obey Polehaus by staying still. And time does reveal whether or not Monty takes action...
*cheesy carnival music follows* Noo...it’s Penny and Wooton again! *facepalms*headdesk* Let’s just...skip this again. One line only: I never kid about licorice.
Anyway, our little detective team (that’s Whit and Polehaus to you) meet Archie Haggler himself, live and in person! And he sounds downright spooky in that...good sort of way. He sounds like if he started laughing, he couldn’t stop. And then he’d be really freaky. And his way of acting so innocent...something’s rotten about him. Archie sounds so fake, I’m positive he’s on the whole thing.
Katrina goes over to meet up with Skint, and I wish that Katrina demanded that Skint come over to them. Seriously, why wouldn’t she? It was just so wrong!
*skips the next scene*
Anyways...back to Katrina...Skint was just so...well, he wasn’t acting smart. Avoiding the questions, trying to cut to the papers. For a smart man (or is he?) he really has some problems when it comes to this...and because Katrina seemed so..oblivious, she lets Buck come to work without any questions. Katrina. Puh-leeze. Anyways, Buck goes, and Monty comes. Katrina leaves just before, and Monty...doesn’t listen to the advice of his sages. And because he didn’t look behind him...he was knocked. Now, who knocked Monty out? And...where will they take him?
*commercial music*
Buck and Emily are next. Emily: Hiiii...*prompt swoon* Basically, this is what happens:
Emily: Yo, Matt, sup? This is Buck.
Matthew: Uh, hi—
Emily: Duuuude. I’m talking to my man here!
Matthew: But I—
Emily: Shut up, kid.
Matthew: What?
Emily: So, Buck...*sweet voice* Here with anyone?
Buck: No, m’lady. We can go to the front of the line for that ride because I’ve connections.
Emily: Oooh! *fangirl swoon*trots after Buck, literally leaving Matthew behind*

We finally get to hear the Haggler brothers, and they don’t seem to be on very good terms whatsoever. Plus, we find out that Jay’s parents are Nick and Sylvia (no, not Betty and Reggie!), and that his name is *not* Jim. Does Archie seem like he’s up to something? And is he involved? Somehow, he really does sound evil. And...enter my detective team, and Wally and Joe...er, Jay. Anyways, Archie makes it off as even nastier after he tells them that he couldn’t find anything and snobs it in about a warrant. Yes, my fillings hurt. Oh...wait. I don’t have fillings.
Anyways, Buck and Emily are far off, long having lost Matthew. Buck lies through his teeth, manipulating Emily to help him in his evil schemes. And...where is Matthew? Something’s wrong. Buck doesn’t even care that Matthew’s gone, and Emily doesn’t really mind that much for crying out loud.
After Katrina goes to find Buck, Connie and Matthew sit together and mope. If there’s anyone I really commiserate with, it’s Connie and Matthew. The two derelicts are feeling left behind by their traitor-friends. Anyways, Jay pops out through the trash can and says, “Buck can’t be trusted.” “Why?” asks Matthew. “Because he’s not to be trusted!” Yeah...that helped. Boy, is everything going weird or what?!
Little Miss (I meant Mrs.!) Katrina drags Mr. Eugene off with them. Seriously, to some degree Katrina is a little too obsessed with this whole thing. Anyways, she seems really suspicious about the house. And will she find out that Buck really doesn’t live there? After that, she goes to take a ride on the Tilt n Whirl with Eugene, who goes, “Woww! Who-WHOA!” Yah, he didn’t scream. Not one bit.
The detectives realize that Monty’s done his disappearing trick again. AGAIN? Oh...well, maybe not on purpose. Whit realizes that there’s a little smudge of face paint on the ground. What did he do? Did he press his face on the ground? Polehaus goes and leaves Whit, who breathes a prayer, not knowing where on earth Monty is. Yet he turns to One source which can help him: God. And only God can help Matthew and Emily, Whit and Monty, Penny and Wooton, Connie and Penny, Katrina and Buck, Polehaus and his gang, and the others make sense of the Green Ring Conspiracy.
This was one of the best episodes, mainly because of all the parts going on at the carnival. It had a plethora of characters to keep one interested, and we finally see a slightly bigger moral as Whit prays for Monty. So I’ll give this 9.5/10 stars. Stay tuned to see what happens to Monty next time!
....this review as longer. 1,119 words. :P
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

WOW! Great and long review Marvin! If I had the power, I'd give you the Review of the Week Award!
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

That was, like, the perfect review, Marv. \:D/
he/him | a little stinker.
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

They are full of Strudel because they ate it at the cafe Penny suggested for the interview.
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Thank you, guys \:D/ I felt snarky at Penny and Wooton and Buck ;)
I know, but Monty didn't :-
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

"I never kid about licorice." \:D/
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

Here's my sorta late review (but it gets me money, nonetheless!):

Well, we're finally halfway through the season. And we heard the words "the Green Ring Conspiracy" for the first time, and we actually learn how it is that the carnival is most likely the cover for the counterfeiting scheme. Monty's explanation makes a lot of sense, but something tells me it was just given to make us suspect Uncle Archie and his carnival goons. But maybe something else is going on. Maybe Monty's in on it! And Mr. Skint is a good guy!! No, I'm just kidding, but I'm really not sure what to think about what Monty said.

I really like Uncle Archie's voice. But because of his tone, it's really hard to tell whether or not he's a good or bad guy. He seems to like Detective Polehaus, but it's not the same for Polehaus. I can't tell if Archie has a bad past with the detective, so that's why he doesn't like Wally, or if Wally has a bad past with him, and that's why he doesn't like Archie. Or maybe it's both, and they just have an all-around bad family. But we now know that Jay isn't the son of Archie, but he's the child of "Nick and Sylvia," not "Betty and Reggie." (It's a big family.)

This episode felt kind of short, because, like episode four, we didn't really get much new information out of it. A lot of the episode time was spent with the various characters' experiences at the carnival. Wooton and Penny make an odd pair, but their both odd, so I guess it's kind of even. I don't think they really have a future together, but maybe that's just because I think Penny's annoying, and she doesn't really bring out the best in him. I think even Victoria would have been better for him, especially considering the fact that I continue to doubt her "Christianity."

It sounds like a fun carnival though. However I've never actually been to a real carnival before, so it could be missing a lot. But all the rides and attractions mentioned sound fun. But it's freaky that practically all of the men and some of the women look like Mr. Skint, according to Archie. I'm not sure how much fun I could have with a bunch of people that look like that. If you've ever read A Carnival of Secrets in the second Odyssey novel compilation, Danger Signals, you know why I don't trust carvinals with a bunch of thugs for employees. They can't be good news.

Buck and Emily... That's just weird to me. I don't know what it is she sees in him. He is secretive, older than her, and he has an annoying Southern accent that sounds fake. I wish Matthew would act on the crush we all know he has on Emily (or vice versa) and get rid of Buck! Hopefully Emily won't end up helping Buck find the AppleBerry and giving it to him.

I'm glad suspicion was drawn out of Katrina after meeting with Mr. Skint and Buck. I wouldn't know what to think of her if she took that encounter at face value. Mr. Skint seems to want curiosity to be thrown his way. But I guess he has to go to drastic measures if he's going to get that AppleBerry back. I loved it when Monty didn't fall for the old "Watch out behind you!" trick, but then that was the trick! So yet again, there's a cliff-hanger involving Monty.

What will Mr. Skint do with Monty? What will Katrina and Eugene do when they get to the address that Buck gave her? What is Uncle Archie's connection to this conspiracy? Is Monty right about the carnival and auction being a cover for the counterfeit ring? What relationship will develop between Wooton and Penny? Will he and Connie be able to find her in the Hall of Mirrors? Will Matthew take Jay's advice and change Emily's mind about Buck? Will Buck find the AppleBerry before Matthew and Eugene figure out the password? What is Wally Haggler's secret past? What will Jay find out from his stakeout? Where is Agent Tanner hiding? Is Dirk Beggs's part in this mystery over, or will we hear from him again? And when will they ever tell us the answer to the mystery about a duck's quack?!

I guess we'll just have to keep listening. Thanks for reading my review!