Is that Andre Stojka in a new Blue Bell commercial ?

Whit's wiping down the counter, Connie's mopping the floor, and the kids are sipping on their milkshakes. If you want to talk about Adventures in Odyssey the radio drama, this is the spot to do just that!
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Is that Andre Stojka in a new Blue Bell commercial ?

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

I see commercials for Blue Bell Ice cream on ESPN. I think the voice sounds like Andre Stojka. I looked on you tube, but could not find it so everyone could hear voice. Has anyone else seen this commercial yet and knows who it is ??

I am a big fan of AIO, but I am not Jave Griffin or have ever been on AIO. I am just a huge fan of AIO and Jimmy Barclay. I love Odyssey, and Jimmy rules.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable
Location: Odyssey, of course!! Isn't that implied in the name of the forum?

Post by Leonard Meltsner »

Did you go to their website to try and find out?
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Isaac-"You mean, you crashed into this bush cause I got in your way."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
shadowdog
Still standing tall

Post by shadowdog »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxM7xxUMEaQ

This voice?

It DOES sound a lot like him. I'm not sure. :)
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

It does sound a lot like Hal or Andre, but my first guess is that it isn't.
Eugene-"Well, the sequence of events occured with extreme rapidity, but I shall attempt to recall them. I was powering my two-wheeler along this concrete pathway, when your personnage suddenly appeared directly in front of me blocking my course. My reflexes immediately sprang to life in an attempt to navigate an evasive manouveur around you while still maintaining course and speed, but I evidently over-compensated, and my Schwinn careened off the hardened path, taking me with it, and up-ended us both in this shrub, a Rhododendron of the heath family I believe, deducing from the leathery evergreen leaves, as distinguished from the deciduous Azalea, which as we all know is..."
Eugene-"Well, that of course is another way of expressing it." Isaac the Benevolent
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

It sounded a little bit like Jim Cumming's "Tigger" voice, but it also sounded a whole lot like Andre... I wish they had this kind of thing on IMDB...
he/him | a little stinker.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

It does sound a lot like him but I don't know.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Woah that DOES sound UNCANNY! But I don't think it is :(
Christian A.
Animatronic

Post by Christian A. »

I can't tell if that's him or not.

Would you believe that I think I saw him at the National Aviation Hall of Fame in Dayton, Ohio?! I'm almost positive it was him. The guy looked just like the picture of him. He even had the same hairstyle and glasses. Maybe he was on vacation. But that'd be a long way to come from Los Angeles. Maybe it wasn't him. I'm just sayin'.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Whoa, that really does sound like him in the ad! It might not have been, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was. Good ears, Jimmy. :D
LJ Gibbs
29K to go!

Post by LJ Gibbs »

Actually the actors name is Robert Diblanco....The names in the video description though it does sound an awful lot like Andre....

The revelation of God is whole and pulls our lives together.
The signposts of God are clear and point out the right road.
The life-maps of God are right, showing the way to joy.
The directions of God are plain and easy on the eyes.
God's reputation is twenty-four-carat gold, with a lifetime guarantee.
The decisions of God are accurate down to the nth degree.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I read the description, but there are four guys in the band and four names listed in total, and the one singer stands out more, so I thought it was him that was featured, not the voiceover guy. A quick Google search for Robert DiBlanco indicates that he is involved in music. The singer and the voiceover guy do not seem to be the same person.
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Classic

Post by Jimmy Barclay Fan »

Thanks for the info. I missed that video. I knew it sounded like him, but was not sure. thanks.

I am a big fan of AIO, but I am not Jave Griffin or have ever been on AIO. I am just a huge fan of AIO and Jimmy Barclay. I love Odyssey, and Jimmy rules.
Jacob Isom
I'm not Gabe

Post by Jacob Isom »

I know it's just not Andre in the commercials. I think the voiceover for the Blue Bell commercials would have been a better pick for a Whit replacement for sure! He has that Hal Smith sound to him and not the high pitch that Andre has.
"Providing the Scoop on Adventures in Odyssey, one cone at a time."
http://www.odysseyscoop.com | Personal Site: http://www.jacobisom.org
King Butter Turtle
Expecting a battle

Post by King Butter Turtle »

It does sound quite a bit like him but, it's a bit... off.
Jacob Isom wrote:I know it's just not Andre in the commercials. I think the voiceover for the Blue Bell commercials would have been a better pick for a Whit replacement for sure! He has that Hal Smith sound to him and not the high pitch that Andre has.
Nah, he's too southern for Whit.

EDIT: After a brief search, I found out that not only is it not Andre Stojka but, that the actual voice- Guillermo Lozano- recently passed away. :( So, it looks like he probably won't be playing the fourth Whit. ;)
Lisa Hammit - 1991-2011 - Forever strong in Christ
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Thanks for doing the detective work, KBT. That is sad news. :(
Superstarseven
Lurker

Post by Superstarseven »

I'm sure Guillermo was a nice fellow but he specialized in Spanish language voiceover work.
The man providing his dulcet tones telling you about Blue Bell Ice cream is a person by the name of Harlan Rector.
He's a very established VO actor who's been doing this for decades.
Here's his Commercial VO demo -
Compare it to our dear Andre's commercial demo -
Here's his website if you'd like to read more about him or just hear his other demos. http://www.harlanrector.com/voiceover-projects.html

I found his Facebook page and wrote to him asking if he was a contender for the role of Whit after Herlinger's announcement to retire -
I did not audition for Focus on the Family. I do not know Hal Smith but I've known Andre Stojka for over 30 years. We were with the same agent when I lived in LA. Andre and I are very similar in VO's. Good luck with your career. Harlan
That last part refers to me telling him that I myself am an aspiring VO actor.
End of mystery.
Leonard Meltsner
I'm memorable

Superstarseven wrote:I'm sure Guillermo was a nice fellow but he specialized in Spanish language voiceover work.
The man providing his dulcet tones telling you about Blue Bell Ice cream is a person by the name of Harlan Rector.
He's a very established VO actor who's been doing this for decades.
Here's his Commercial VO demo -
Compare it to our dear Andre's commercial demo -
Here's his website if you'd like to read more about him or just hear his other demos. http://www.harlanrector.com/voiceover-projects.html

I found his Facebook page and wrote to him asking if he was a contender for the role of Whit after Herlinger's announcement to retire -
I did not audition for Focus on the Family. I do not know Hal Smith but I've known Andre Stojka for over 30 years. We were with the same agent when I lived in LA. Andre and I are very similar in VO's. Good luck with your career. Harlan
That last part refers to me telling him that I myself am an aspiring VO actor.
End of mystery.
Go figure! Odyssey people know everyone! I'm amazed when I post a clip from some TV show or talk show on Facebook, and then Chad Reisser says something like "Oh, my wife taught that person dance" or "I remember when I met her here" or something like that! It's crazy!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Thanks for clearing all that up, Superstarseven! It seems like you joined just in time to enlighten us! :D It's cool that he knows Andre Stojka!
JoyElectric
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by JoyElectric »

A guy sounding like Whit wants me to buy Ice Cream....the circle is now complete.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

JoyElectric wrote:A guy sounding like Whit wants me to buy Ice Cream....the circle is now complete.
Random 7-year-later bump because I thought this was really funny. :P