Chat Room

Need Some Help

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Chat Room

Post by Shadowpaw »

Everyone,

I would like to add a nice chat room to the Town of Odyssey for people to use for their chatting needs. Unfortunately with my schedule, I'm pretty busy and just don't have the time to look around for something that's cool and cutting edge (not to mention free and something I can host here!). If you know of any great chat clients that I can install here on the board, please let me know! :D
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Excellent, Shadopaw! Like I said in the KYDS chat room yesterday evening, a chatroom would be a fabulous addition to the ToO. I'll give you a heads-up if I come across something free, somewhat cool, and cutting edge . . . \:D/
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

I was looking around, and found the following chat client:

http://www.freejavachat.com/

I was able to go into a sample chat room, and it wasn't half bad. :)

My school uses one that is really nice, I'm going to try and get that one too. :)

Sarah

P.S. I'm still looking, because not to long ago, I found some nice ones. :)
Daniel
Lurker

Post by Daniel »

You'd need to find an IRC server, it's usually quite expensive to host your own. I know the town hall uses ShadowFire.org, but there are many others you could use.

Then I think CGI::IRC - http://cgiirc.sourceforge.net - would be good to install somewhere if you could, it's all HTML based, so it's easy for people to get in, if they don't have Java. Then also have an 'cutting edge' java version. The freejavachat or something similar would probably be good for that.

And then for those who like they can install their own chat client, such as X-Chat, or Gaim.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

We already have one! Well, it isn't part of the ToO, but it's still a chatroom for us. I go there every night, too. If you want to talk about AIO in a chatroom (we actually don't talk about aio that much in there) you can go to the #aio chatroom on ShadowFire. :roll:
Larry The Pickle
If posts were pigs...
Location: An uncharted Island, thought to exist only in myth.

Post by Larry The Pickle »

Wow, now you have lots of options to choose from!
Evolution is a faith, not a science!
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Jman 009 wrote:Wow, now you have lots of options to choose from!
Just go with the already existing one! :yes: