October 21st, 2011

Is Harold Camping right this time?

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

October 21st, 2011

Post by bookworm »

Well, we’re about halfway through.
Does anyone think this is the Tribulation, or is Camping shockingly wrong again?
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Definitely wrong. Despite beliefs about the rapture, one thing is for sure...the Bible says to test prophets, and one sign that someone is a false prophet is the lack of their prophesy to come true. And considering how many times he's been clearly wrong, I say we must call him a false prophet and move on with life, not fearing tomorrow, but honoring God with today.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

I don't really wish for Jesus to return on my birthday night :(

In all honesty, why do we care what this man says? He has no idea of when Jesus shall return. "No man shall know the day nor the hour," remember?! ](*,)
*insert provocative quote here*
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

IDANCE4JESUS wrote:I don't really wish for Jesus to return on my birthday night :(
What!? That would be totally epic! \:D/
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

ric wrote:
IDANCE4JESUS wrote:I don't really wish for Jesus to return on my birthday night :(
Eh, maybe :- It would be a nice present \:D/
Last edited by Musical Shutterbug on Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

IDANCE4JESUS wrote:
ric wrote:
Eh, maybe :- It would be a nice present \:D/
Exactly.

Ya, this Camping guy is sort of 'out camping'...if you know what I mean... O:)
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Bible: No man knows the day or the hour. Not even the angels in Heaven.

Camping: But in modern day it has been revealed to us.

End of discussion...
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

lawl Camping's a moron. \:D/
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Jelly wrote:lawl Camping's a moron. \:D/
...and isn't it crazy how so many people believe what he says?! :x
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Camping says the Tribulation will be marked by unprecedented death and destruction.
Well, according to my calculations we have not been experiencing above average disasters disease or death in the past months. But that’s just based on what I personally have observed and heard about, I don’t have any actual statistics on the subject.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

bookworm wrote:Camping says the Tribulation will be marked by unprecedented death and destruction.
Well, according to my calculations we have not been experiencing above average disasters disease or death in the past months. But that’s just based on what I personally have observed and heard about, I don’t have any actual statistics on the subject.
No, it really is true. Lots of chaos going on in the world at the moment.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

lolz. Camping might be the most senile-demented dude ever. Just sayin'...

Satan doesn't know when the Rapture will happen, so he always has to have an antichrist ready... ( i dunno why i said that, but whatever) We don't really know who that is going to be...
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

IDANCE4JESUS wrote:No, it really is true. Lots of chaos going on in the world at the moment.
Yes, at the moment, but nothing unprecedented. There is always chaos going on somewhere at the present moment, even if it’s in an unpopulated place so we never hear about it.
Earthquakes and hurricanes and the like occur all the time. The recent disasters may seem odd because of their timing, but they are not out of the ordinary, statistically speaking.
Besides, the frequency of the disasters is not what marks the Tribulation, it’s the effect they have. Millions of people should be dying each day. I’m fairly sure that isn’t happening.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

bookworm wrote:
IDANCE4JESUS wrote:No, it really is true. Lots of chaos going on in the world at the moment.
Yes, at the moment, but nothing unprecedented. There is always chaos going on somewhere at the present moment, even if it’s in an unpopulated place so we never hear about it.
Earthquakes and hurricanes and the like occur all the time. The recent disasters may seem odd because of their timing, but they are not out of the ordinary, statistically speaking.
Besides, the frequency of the disasters is not what marks the Tribulation, it’s the effect they have. Millions of people should be dying each day. I’m fairly sure that isn’t happening.
True.

I'm not saying that I agree with Camping, I'm simply saying that it appears as though the world has been going down a steep slope recently.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

That is quite correct. The frequency of natural disasters has actually been increasing over the last several years. According to who you ask. I personally subscribe to the opinion that the frequency of the disasters themselves is not actually increasing, only the frequency of the ones we hear about. As the world’s population expands, it stands to reason that more disasters will be noticed, because more of the earth is inhabited.
Like I said, the real thing to consider here is not the disasters themselves, but what they bring about. Even if we suddenly started having a major earthquake every day, I wouldn’t be worried. (About the end of the world. I might be worried for my personal safety.) That many earthquakes would definitely be out of the ordinary, but if mass death did not accompany it then it wouldn’t mean anything. (Except that something strange is going on with the tectonic plates.)
If this is the Tribulation, there is no way we wouldn’t know it. By the end, which is alleged to be only a couple months now, about half of the world’s population will have died.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

The bottom line is that we have no idea when Jesus shall return. I mean, of course there are specific signs to look for, but in general, I think that there is still an opportunity for things to get much worse. Much worse. The situation has to be extremely dire in order for the Anti-Christ to appear.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

All I know is if there’s a horse race that day I’m betting on Shackleford \:D/
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Good plan \:D/
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

The world will end in 2012 :noway:
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

I remember the first time you said that \:D/

I laughed.