Football Pool III

Ran by SWA until Ryder takes over.

This forum is home to games of all various shapes and sizes. Members are welcome to start and participate in contests on this board.
Steehl
Not Implemented

Post by Steehl »

Miami at Kansas City
Atlanta at Indianapolis
Tampa Bay at New Orleans
NY Jets at Buffalo (This is a hard one!)
Seattle at Dallas
Cleveland at Houston
San Francisco at Washington
Cincinnati at Tennessee
Denver at Oakland
NY Giants at New England
St. Louis at Arizona
Green Bay at San Diego
Baltimore at Pittsburgh
Monday:
Chicago at Philadelphia

Another great week!
Go Celtics \:D/!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

6-2, 5 wins in a row, woooooo! \:D/

And yet all I hear about is lackluster Cam Newton.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

TOP-10
Bookworm-9
Ryder-8
Steehl-8
AE-7
SWA-7
KF-5 :(

I believe these are correct. The only way Bookworm has a chance to tie is to change his pick to the Eagles. He will still lose of course. (Bear Down!) Top wins! (Well unless Bookworm changes his pick. And for some reason Brian Urlacher, Lance Briggs and Matt Forte get hurt. So I think it is safe.)
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Well, I was hoping to have three issue free weeks in a row, but unfortunately it didn’t work out. I saw two things yesterday. Instead of calls officials got wrong, these were both calls officials didn’t make. I’m not sure which kind angers me more.

In the Packers/Chargers game, there was one play I saw where a defensive San Diego player was lined up nearly a yard over the line of scrimmage when the ball was snapped and somehow there was no offsides flag thrown. I really don’t know how he got away with that, it wasn’t like he was just a little over, he was way over.

And in the Ravens/Steelers game, Ray Lewis made a clearly helmet to helmet hit on Hines Ward, but no flag was thrown. But a little while later, they flagged the Steelers for the exact same thing. Actually, it wasn’t the same. It was another helmet to helmet, but this one was clearly an accident. In cases like this, accident or not you throw the flag. That’s not the problem. The problem is the Lewis one wasn’t an accident, and it even took Ward out of the game. How can you call one but not the other?
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Just to be fair the Ravens should be taken out of AFC North, maybe the Steelers as well.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

So will Bookworm change his pick to the Eagles so there is some excitement? Can't hurt you Bookworm. If Bookworm does change it make yer tie-breaking picks.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I’m not changing. These are the picks I make for my real life pool, which I can’t change even if I wanted to.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Oook. But then you can't win. :shrugs:
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I haven’t won lots of times. I’m still tuning my picking strategy. The last two weeks in a row I’ve lost on the tiebreaker in my real life pool. :(
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Nobody but Coach picked Da Bears. And Mike has to pick them. C'mon Man!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I won my Week 9 real life pool! :D
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Just a reminder... Thursday night games start this week, so we have to get our picks in earlier. :x
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Thursday
OAK @ SD
Sunday
NO @ ATL (Da Bears have the tie-breaker over Atlanta but not NO. So Who Dat!)
TEN @ CAR
PIT @ CIN
STL @ CLE
BUF @ DAL
JAC @ IND
DEN @ KC
WAS @ MIA
ARI @ PHI
HOU @ TB
BAL @ SEA
DET @ CHI (Best game of the week, and I don't get it because NYG @ SF is on. :cry:)
NYG @ SF
Sunday Night Football
NE @ NYJ
Monday
MIN @ GB

FYI This site is really handy for finding what game you get. http://www.the506.com/temp11.html
Last edited by Knight Fisher on Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Thursday
OAK @ SD (probably a bad choice... San Diego is pretty solid and Oakland... not really. Part of me wants to have faith in Palmer even though he betrayed the Bengals.)
Sunday
NO @ ATL
TEN @ CAR
PIT @ CIN (Bengals are 6-2 but has only beat a couple decent teams... this will be a real test)
STL @ CLE (Cleveland is bound to win eventually I suppose)
BUF @ DAL
JAC @ IND
DEN @ KC
WAS @ MIA (Can the Dolphins win two in a row!? :shock:)
ARI @ PHI
HOU @ TB
BAL @ SEA
DET @ CHI
NYG @ SF
Sunday Night Football
NE @ NYJ
Monday
MIN @ GB (LOL MNF)
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Da Bears are going to win. :x And once they do they win the next 5 and are 11-3 going into Christmas. Even if they do lose this game and to the Packers on Christmas. We still have 11 wins. Playoffs!
Last edited by Knight Fisher on Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

Thursday
OAK @ SD (With Mcfadden a no-go. I pick chargers. )
Sunday
NO @ ATL (Turner)
TEN @ CAR (Cam Newton)
PIT @ CIN (Big Ben and the Pittsburgh defense win)
STL @ CLE (I think steven jackson, llyod win this one)
BUF @ DAL
JAC @ IND (I want to pick indy because I'm a Colts fan, but losing an average of 17 points a game....)
DEN @ KC (which Tebow shows up?)
WAS @ MIA (No hightower, and a Beck/grossman roatation)
ARI @ PHI
HOU @ TB
BAL @ SEA
DET @ CHI
NYG @ SF (The giants beat a reeling patriots team, San Fransisco looks pretty good)
Sunday Night Football
NE @ NYJ
Monday
MIN @ GB
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Thursday
OAK @ SD
Sunday
NO @ ATL
TEN @ CAR
PIT @ CIN
STL @ CLE
BUF @ DAL
JAC @ IND
DEN @ KC (the Broncos will win because Tebow is playing and Tebow's a winner; all he does is win)
WAS @ MIA
ARI @ PHI
HOU @ TB
BAL @ SEA
DET @ CHI (I won't be anywhere near a TV for this game, but go Lions \:D/)
NYG @ SF
NE @ NYJ
Monday
MIN @ GB

Who are we donating to...?
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Stop Wooton' Around wrote: TEN @ CAR (Cam Newton)
Sham Poopton imo.

He has impressive stats, sure, but I'm tired of hearing he is the greatest rookie of the season when his actual win record (you know, the one that matters) is 2-6, and ANDY "RED RIFLE" DALTON is 6-2 and barely gets any credit for having two more wins at the HALF WAY POINT of the season then veteran Carson Palmer could get in the entire season last year.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Yeah I somewhat agree Top. But don't for two reasons. 1 Carson Palmer had to deal with Chad and T.O. You don't wish that on your worst enemy. 2 Cam is beasting for my ToO fantasy team. :P
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

I agree sort of, one of the key reasons that the Bengals are winning is their 4th ranked defense. Another reason why Cam Newton is so popular, because he is shattering rookie stats. Also at least stat was he is like the 3rd best QB. By wins then he is no where near the top and Alex Smith is second.