Ryan's AIO answers!

I bet nobody can stump me!

Have something you'd like to sell? Want to purchase user created goods? This stretch of road is where all the merchants set up shop!
Ryan Matlock
Level 4, Adventures in Odyssey Collector

Ryan's AIO answers!

Post by Ryan Matlock »

This is a shop where you can ask any question about AIO. I have seen all the movies, listened to all episodes, and read almost every book. It costs $2 to ask a question but if you stump me, I will pay you $5! But just to be clear, the only questions I will not answer are questions concerning the future e.g. "What is going to happen in album 150?" or info concerning small actor roles e.g. "who played the part of the guy in the crowd who shouts, "(example)" in this episode?". Pretty much anything else is okay. Let the questions begin!

~~~RyanCummings, Youtuber, producer of the World Famous Odyssey podcast, writing assistant to Brock Eastman, and SUPER AIO fan.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

All right. . .

*donates*

What is Mandy's mom's phone number?
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Ryan Matlock

Post by Ryan Matlock »

Gaius, The number for Mandy's Mother's cell phone is 555-2971. This was mentioned by Mandy in the episode, "Life, in the Third Person, part 1" :)

~~~RyanCummings, Youtuber, producer of the World Famous Odyssey podcast, writing assistant to Brock Eastman, and SUPER AIO fan.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Wow.
Are you answering these from memory or are you researching them?
Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

How many championship series have the Odyssey Coyotes baseball teams appeared in (that we hear of), and who were their most prominent players in each of those runs?
Ryan Matlock

Post by Ryan Matlock »

Jesus' Princess, I knew which episode the last question was from but I hadn't memorized number. I listened to the section of the episode I remembered it from to find it. But usually I can do it from memory. :)

-- Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:36 pm --

Bob, do you think you could clarify? Do you want to know only the ones where they went to the Championships or all the baseball games the Coyotes are heard participating in? And by "most prominent", do you mean best players or the main character in that episode?
Last edited by Ryan Matlock on Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

Just the ones where they were in the Championships, where if they win they're the best team in the League; non-championship games don't count.

"Most prominent" in this case refers to the best player on the team, like Babe Ruth with the New York Yankees.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

What is he saying, on? "The What is he saying contest?"
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Ryan Matlock

Post by Ryan Matlock »

Bob, counting the times that the Coyotes WON the Championship, they have won 2 times. The most prominent players were:

•Monty Whittaker in "A Member of the Family". (He was the only kid heard of so he gets the title of most prominent player this season. ;))
•Sam Johnson in "The Secret Weapon"

Haha, trick question Knight Fisher, There is no definite answer to that question. The actor doing it was just saying gibberish when he did it. But some guesses have been: "the monkey man has no place in the circle of confusion" and "the meter maid has no peace in the cycle of conviction" :)

Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

RyanCummings wrote:Haha, trick question Knight Fisher, There is no definite answer to that question. The actor doing it was just saying gibberish when he did it. But some guesses have been: "the monkey man has no place in the circle of confusion" and "the meter maid has no peace in the cycle of conviction" :)
No, the actor did say something. And it was not gibberish. But I think he said on one of the podcasts that he forgot what he said. So, what is he saying? :)
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
Ryan Matlock

Post by Ryan Matlock »

Knight Fisher wrote:
RyanCummings wrote:Haha, trick question Knight Fisher, There is no definite answer to that question. The actor doing it was just saying gibberish when he did it. But some guesses have been: "the monkey man has no place in the circle of confusion" and "the meter maid has no peace in the cycle of conviction" :)
No, the actor did say something. And it was not gibberish. But I think he said on one of the podcasts that he forgot what he said. So, what is he saying? :)
That is correct, that the actor did say he can't remember what he said. But if he can't remember, then the information is lost. It is kind of an unanswerable question. Of course, if it wasn't something he remembered, then that means it kind of counts as gibberish. But if you want my idea, I think he said, "Man, I'm amazed at how busy I am in an obligation." :)

Since it counts as unaswerable, I would be happy to refund you your payment if you want. just let me know.
Last edited by Ryan Matlock on Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

As far as the championships go, I was thinking of all the times they appeared, total, not just when they won. ;-)

The times I had in mind (generously provided by research ;)) were:

The Winning Edge: The '90 Odyssey Coyotes, Eastern Conference Champions, make it to the Championship to lose to the Odyssey Stingrays. Impact player was star hitter Robyn Jacobs, whose injury sealed the Coyotes' fate.
And The Glory: The '93 Coyotes, guided by former backup pitcher Henry Thomas, make it to the Finals and are defeated. (Bonus cash if you can tell me who they lost to; I tried to look it up but it isn't exactly an easy detail to find.)
The Secret Weapon: The '96 Coyotes achieve their best season ever with superstar hitter Sam Johnson, and defeat the Cross-Town Tigers to win the championship.

Good deal on the Member of the Family answer, 'cuz I haven't heard it in years and I didn't know that was what happened there.

Coincidentally, my very first post on the Town of Odyssey, back in '06, was about the "What Is He Saying" contest. I slowed down the clip with Quicktime Player, and here is what came out.

Here's another one for you: When Connie tried out a brief career as a perfume clerk, what scent did she recommend to her customer?
Ryan Matlock

Post by Ryan Matlock »

The team that beat the Coyotes in "And The Glory" was the Wingstown Woodpeckers. I knew about the other games but i thought you were only talking about when they won ;) .There we're many scents that Connie recommended, I am not sure if the spelling on these is correct. They were Chateu o ox, area dye, and lingering suspition. All these attempts were, fruitless as the customer wanted NightCrawler #7 and wasn't interested in anything else. :)

Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

Good deal.

When Mr. Whittaker and Cryin' Bryan Dern were trapped in an elevator, how long a period of time did Johnson say it would take for the power saw to arrive?
Ryan Matlock

Post by Ryan Matlock »

Bob the answer to how long Johnson said it would take to arrive was 5 minutes. :)

Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

Very good.

What weapons was the star cruiser Wonder equipped with?
Ryan Matlock

Post by Ryan Matlock »

Neutron phasers were the weapons the Wonder used. There were also deflectors used for defense. :)

Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

What was Lucy's dad's name and how old was she when he died?
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Ryan Matlock

Post by Ryan Matlock »

Gaius, his name was Hal Cunningham and Lucy was nine years old when he died. (please send in your payment. :) )
Last edited by Ryan Matlock on Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bob
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Bob »

What did Meg Stevens wear into Whit's End?