College Bowl Pick’em!

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

College Bowl Pick’em!

Post by bookworm »

Let’s do it!
I set up a group for us. I think I did anyway. I’ve never done this kind of thing before.

Group ID: 32416
Password: thetoo
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

College football is freakishly overrated. :anxious: I have to her about the SEC garbage all the time.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

But it’s still fun to make picks \:D/
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

I don't like Yahoo. :noway: Michigan beasts in Sugar Bowl. \:D/
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

ESPN >>> Yahoo

However, I'm in. \:D/ I'm doing a pick'em for ESPN, Yahoo and a real-life one.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Switch it to ESPN and I will be signed up before you can say Gerald R. Ford played for Michigan or we put an entire shuttle team in space.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I didn’t know ESPN had one, I just heard about this. What’s the difference? Picking games is picking games.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

I don't know if they do. I just don't want accounts everywhere.
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

KF, you can sign in with Facebook or Gmail instead of creating a Yahoo account, or at least that's what it said.

I don't know anything about college football, but I'm going to pick games anyway. \:D/

EDIT: Okayy, I'm even more clueless than I thought I was.... How exactly do you go about picking games? :-
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

It's pretty much too late to do this, because 3 of the games are already finished. I didn't even make any picks. :anxious:

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

Aw, darn. :(

In that case, I bet on the long-shot team. \:D/
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

American Eagle wrote:It's pretty much too late to do this, because 3 of the games are already finished.
That’s easy to overcome. I set it to straight picks, so you get 1 point for correct picks and 0 for incorrect.
Aeva wrote:How exactly do you go about picking games?
Once you join the group, select ‘Create New Pick Set’ under ‘My Picks & Groups’
Choose your preferences, click continue.
Then just choose who you think will win each game, and at the bottom enter the tie breaker scores and submit your form.
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

Awesome. \:D/ (I think I did it correctly. :- )
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I can’t see your picks so I don’t know if you made them right, but you’re listed in the group so that’s a good sign. :)
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

I finally entered my picks... today.

Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

I... forgot about this. :- But I clicked "Submit Picks," so maybe now I've got it right. And apparently I guessed correctly on three games. \:D/
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

For coming in late, AE, you're doing a fairly good job of massacring our league.
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I haven’t checked the standings recently, but I don’t care because I’m not going to change anything. I was totally clueless on just about every game, so I just picked who sounded good.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

In this league, I'm running away with it. In my real-life league, I'm actually like tied for 4th place. \:D/

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

Final Results:

American Eagle - 23 of 35
Monty - 18 of 35
Aeva - 14 of 35
bookworm - 13 of 35

Thanks for playing! \:D/