Major stress and life changes

Share your prayer requests here.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Major stress and life changes

Post by SoccerLOTR »

So, some of this is a positive thing that I'm excited about, but other parts just hard.
I am starting police academy on Monday, which is awesome, but I'm super nervous about getting everything right and passing classes/keeping up with physical requirements, etc. I really need peace, focus, endurance, and clarity of mind to get through the next five months.
Second part of this request is that my family is having a lot of issues. Well, have been, but more are coming to light and it's become increasingly difficult to handle it all and I'm tired of worrying all the time. I really need guidance and hope here, and I really hope God will touch my dad's heart and change it so that there can be some peace in the house.
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

SoccerLOTR wrote:So, some of this is a positive thing that I'm excited about, but other parts just hard.
I am starting police academy on Monday, which is awesome, but I'm super nervous about getting everything right and passing classes/keeping up with physical requirements, etc. I really need peace, focus, endurance, and clarity of mind to get through the next five months.
Second part of this request is that my family is having a lot of issues. Well, have been, but more are coming to light and it's become increasingly difficult to handle it all and I'm tired of worrying all the time. I really need guidance and hope here, and I really hope God will touch my dad's heart and change it so that there can be some peace in the house.
That's really awesome that you are starting at the police academy SoccerLOTOR, I'll be praying that you can keep up with everything and for peace and guidance and also for your family during this difficult time.

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Hey that's really cool what you're training for, blessings and prayers, God has wonderful plans for you! :)

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Tha sounds really awesome, the police academy part :) I'll definitely pray for you, and your family.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I will be praying for you and your family, SoccerLOTR. :)
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Thank you! :)
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

I'll be praying for you, SoccerLOTR! It's cool that you're enrolled in a police academy! I hope you'll do well!
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Thanks all :-) Just finished my first week of Academy...it's killing me, but I'm still alive, so there's hope!

The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Being alive is always a wonderful thing! Good, still praying for ya. :)

Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

SoccerLOTR wrote:Thanks all :-) Just finished my first week of Academy...it's killing me, but I'm still alive, so there's hope!
That's awesome, Soccer! \:D/ Well, not that it's killing you. :anxious:

I'm praying for you. ;)
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Thanks! :)

The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Hey, how's it going? :) Still praying for ya.

SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

It's going crazy...so busy, so exhausting...but things here and there are finally starting to click, and I'm excited for the firearms and driving that we're starting this weekend! Thanks for the prayers, sometimes I think that's all that will get me through!

The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Praise God, glad things seem to be improving somewhat! :D And I totally know that feeling from when I had my depression. God's really the only One/Thing that can get us through this stuff. :)

SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Hey all, thanks so much for those of you who have prayed for me...I just graduated academy last week!! God got me through when I never thought I'd make it to the end! Now thanking Him for that, a potential job (not my ideal position, but something to pay the bills!) and hopefully a couple opportunities for permanent jobs!! :)

American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Many congrats!!

And it's good to have you back, Sloth. \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

:chair: That is not my name!!
But thanks for the congrats.

The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Can't believe I just saw this! o.O
SoccerLOTR wrote:Hey all, thanks so much for those of you who have prayed for me...I just graduated academy last week!! God got me through when I never thought I'd make it to the end! Now thanking Him for that, a potential job (not my ideal position, but something to pay the bills!) and hopefully a couple opportunities for permanent jobs!! :)
Woohoo! :D I'm so happy for you. ^.^ Our God is so amazingly faithful, it's startling sometimes(at least to me!). :anxious:

SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

:) He is...sometimes it's hard to see at the time, but it all works out in the end.