2012 Movie Contest: The 3rd Bracket!!! (Results: pg. 2)

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!

Which FOUR of these movies are you most interested in?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:52 am

The Bourne Legacy
6%
The Dark Knight Rises
13%
Dark Shadows
2%
Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days
4%
Finding Nemo (in 3D)
10%
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
1%
The Great Gatsby
3%
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
25%
Life of Pi
1%
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
7%
Men in Black 3
1%
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (in 3D)
17%
Step Up 4
No votes
The Three Stooges
7%
Total Recall
No votes
World War Z
2%

Total votes: 89

American Eagle
Chief of Police
2012 Movie Contest: The 3rd Bracket!!! (Results: pg. 2)

Post by American Eagle »

v READ BELOW BEFORE YOU VOTE. v
Welcome to the THIRD AND FINAL bracket of the Grand 2012 Film Anticipation contest! \:D/ Have a look at the descriptions of the 16 films in this poll, consider which ones you're most interested in viewing, and then vote for them! You have up to 4 votes.

A continuation of the "Bourne" series of movies. Matt Damon (who played Jason Bourne) is not in this film. The story resumes after the conclusion of The Bourne Ultimatum, as a new cast of characters grapple with the consequences of Bourne's actions.
The Dark Knight Rises
The final film in Christopher Nolan's Batman series. Eight years after the events of The Dark Knight, Batman returns to Gotham where he must discover the truth regarding the mysterious Selina Kyle, while stopping the villain Bane's plans to destroy the city.
Dark Shadows
A supernatural drama film based on the gothic soap opera, "Dark Shadows". Directed by Tim Burton (Sweeney Todd, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) and starring Johnny Depp. The plot is confusing, but there's secrets, vampires, witches and death.
Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days
One of AE's most anticipated movies of the year. \:D/ Starring all the same characters from the first two films, this movie is based on the third and fourth book in the series, The Last Straw and Dog Days. I have no idea what it's about.
Finding Nemo (in 3D)
3D re-release of Pixar's beloved film about a fish looking for his son, Nemo.

SPOILER: In the 3D version, Nemo dies at the end! :evillaugh:
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
A sequel to 2009's G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, but it's really a reboot, IMO. Starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Bruce Willis, the G.I. Joes are badly beaten and out-numbered, but they make a desperate plan to stop Cobra from taking over the world.
The Great Gatsby
A romantic drama film based on F. Scott Fitzgerald's classic novel. Directed by Baz Luhrmann (Romeo + Juliet, Moulin Rouge!, Australia), and starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Tobey Maguire. A full poster hasn't yet been released.
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
The first part of The Hobbit, an adaption of the book by J.R.R.R. Tolkien and prequel to The Lord of the Rings.
Life of Pi
A fantasy adventure movie based on the 2001 novel by Yann Martel. Pi, a kid, is the only person to survive the sinking of a freighter. He finds himself on a lifeboat with a hyena, a zebra, an orangutan, and a Bengal tiger. This is the book's cover.
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
Made by DreamWorks Animation, this is the third film in the Madagascar series. Alex, Marty, Melman and Gloria set out to return to New York after escaping to Africa, but their plan goes awry and they find themselves stranded in Monte Carlo.
Men in Black 3
The long-awaited sequel to parts I and II. When Agent K's (Tommy Lee Jones) life and the fate of the planet are put at stake, Agent J (Will Smith) will have to travel back in time to put things right. I apologize if anyone is blinded by this poster.
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (in 3D)
The first of the Star Wars films to be released in 3D. This is the greatest poster I've ever seen.
Step Up 4
Step Up 4ever is the next installment in the worldwide smash "Step Up" franchise, which sets the dancing against the vibrant backdrop of Miami. (Can you tell I copied that synopsis from elsewhere? I would never write such praise. :noway:)
The Three Stooges
A slapstick comedy film based on The Three Stooges... obviously. It was produced, written and directed by the Farrelly brothers (There's Something About Mary, Dumb and Dumber). While trying to save their childhood orphanage, Moe, Larry, and Curly inadvertently stumble into a murder plot and wind up starring in a reality TV show.
Total Recall
A science fiction/action remake of the 1990 film. This stars Colin Farrell, Kate Beckinsale and Jessica Biel. It's being directed by Len Wiseman, the guy behind the Underworld franchise.
World War Z
A post-apocalyptic horror film based on the novel by Max Brooks. The film is directed by Marc Forster (Finding Neverland, Stranger than Fiction, Quantum of Solace) and stars Brad Pitt. It's about zombies and stuff.
If you're looking forward to a movie in 2012 wasn't in any of these brackets, I apologize. I did my best to select the seemingly most popular ones. Feel free to mention it below. \:D/ Four of the films in this poll will advance to the finals. Vote now!

Here's the movies already in the finals:
  • The Amazing Spider-Man
  • The Avengers
  • Beauty and the Beast (in 3D)
  • The Hunger Games
  • Ice Age: Continental Drift
  • Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
  • Les Misérables
  • The Lorax
  • Brave
What movies are you anticipating?
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

This is horrible! How could you put in 3 R.'s? :demonstration:

I voted Hobbit, Star Wars and Finding Nemo.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Can't wait for Star Wars and the Hobbit! \:D/

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

All the good ones are in this bracket. :mad:

Next to the Hobbit and DKR, I especially look forward to Dark Shadows, Life of Pi, Bourne Legacy and MIBIII.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

Star Wars!!! Ack! I didn't know they were doing a new starwars episode!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so voting for that one!!!! And also the Hobbit. My dad read us the book, and I loved it! Bilbo is so epic in the book! I hope he is too in the movie. \:D/
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

The Hobbit \:D/ and probably Star Wars (although I've never actually seen an entire star wars movie, just bits and pieces..)
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

Jesus' Princess wrote: (although I've never actually seen an entire star wars movie, just bits and pieces..)
Really?? I've seen all the movies, and I love them! You should watch them! They're really entertaining. \:D/
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

BobbyCow wrote:Star Wars!!! Ack! I didn't know they were doing a new starwars episode!!!!!!!!!!!!
They're not. ;)
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

BobbyCow wrote:
Jesus' Princess wrote: (although I've never actually seen an entire star wars movie, just bits and pieces..)
Really?? I've seen all the movies, and I love them! You should watch them! They're really entertaining. \:D/
I know, I know :) I've just never gotten around to it, because we don't own them, and whenever we watch a movie at my cousins or something, they want to watch something else. I'm going to see if my library has them :yes:
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Post by Musical Shutterbug »

Jelly wrote:
BobbyCow wrote:Star Wars!!! Ack! I didn't know they were doing a new starwars episode!!!!!!!!!!!!
They're not. ;)
Over the next few years, they are converting the six Star Wars films into 3D ;)

w00t for The Hobbit and Star Wars \:D/

...and more Tim Burton? I thought that we were done with him... :( But if Jonny Depp is in it, then I might waste an hour of my life to see it \:D/
*insert provocative quote here*
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

Musical Shutterbug wrote:
Jelly wrote:
They're not. ;)
Over the next few years, they are converting the six Star Wars films into 3D ;)

w00t for The Hobbit and Star Wars \:D/

...and more Tim Burton? I thought that we were done with him... :( But if Jonny Depp is in it, then I might waste an hour of my life to see it \:D/

Oh... durr.... I knew it was to good to be true. Well, now I feel dumb! :duh:
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Musical Shutterbug wrote:...and more Tim Burton? I thought that we were done with him... :( But if Jonny Depp is in it, then I might waste an hour of my life to see it \:D/
Why would we be 'done' with him? :noway: He and Johnny Depp are the perfect pair.
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

Meh, Tim Buton isn't my style :noway:

Johnny Depp, that's a different story \:D/
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

How did you divide the brackets AE?
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

Johnny Depp is creepy.... He reminds me of Lady Gaga. He play's some funny roles, however. But over all, he's just plain old...strange.... X_X
Musical Shutterbug
Film Score Addict
Film Score Addict

But that's what sets him apart from other actors ;) He's very unique. And he's fabulous \:D/
Buzz

Post by Buzz »

I have to admit, he's a great actor.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

bookworm wrote:How did you divide the brackets AE?
It's pretty much randomized. I went through the year's releases and sorted them into four groups. After looking through my groups, I decided to reduce it to three, and that resulted in some brackets having better films than others. (I didn't intend to put The Hobbit and The Dark Knight Rises in the same poll, but oh well. ;)) I considered doing it by theme (such as 1. Animation, 2. Action, 3. Drama).
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

I'm hoping Madagascar 3 will be cleaner than the last one. A 3 Stooges remake? Please! Nothing can be better than the original trio! :shame:
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

THE HOBBIT.

BATMAN.

STAR WARS.

Oh, and I voted for the Three Stooges as well. Hopefully it'll turn out clean and funny... Two spoonfuls of wishful thinking, anyone? ;) (*cough* All this talk of Johnny Depp right after Aeva and I watch 'Alice in Wonderland'.)
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein