The Dark Knight Rises news!

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Eowyn18
Not as new

Post by Eowyn18 »

*thread merged*

Who else can't wait for this movie? :D
fodo14
Gold Member

Post by fodo14 »

Me!!It looks awesome.But I really don't like bane as the villain
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I can wait. Avengers is the only upcoming film I'm really looking forward to. \:D/

I probably have more interest in the new Spider-man and GI Joe as well.

I don't know, I like Batman, but just haven't been really into this series of films. I do want to see this next one, certainly, but I don't really feel any great anticipation for it. While I've always been a Marvel fan overall I don't really see it as Marvel-bias because my stance has long been "I'm a Marvel fan... except Batman, too".

Batman: The Animated Series, the spinoff films, and Batman in Justice League and Batman Beyond > Nolan Batman series, imo.
fodo14
Gold Member

Post by fodo14 »

I count my self as a marvel fan too. But I really like this batman series but I would say I'm more excited about the amazing spider man then this one
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

I refuse to be excited until it gets the same glowing reviews as the first Dark Knight. ;) I highly doubt it will live up to all the hype, no matter how much faith I may hold for Nolan.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

*bumps* I'm excited for it. I do think it's bit a overhyped, but I really want it to deliver.

meanwhile, here's the latest trailer \:D/

Last edited by Shennifer on Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Till the end of the line.
Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

Haha! That looks epic. Can't wait for it to come out on DVD.... in probably 2 years. :P
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Whitty Whit wrote:Haha! That looks epic. Can't wait for it to come out on DVD.... in probably 2 years. :P
You're probably being sarcastic, but just so you know, TDKR will probably come out on DVD around Christmas 2012. (This is using the same timeframe as the first two Batman films.)

The Dark Knight is my favorite film of all time, but honestly, TDKR doesn't even look appealing to me. Bruce Wayne hasn't changed, the villain is just an uninteresting strong dude, the story won't be as likable without Rachel Dawes, and most of all, I can't stand seeing Anne Hathaway in Gotham City. All I can think of is Mia Thermopolis from The Princess Diaries; even when I try to force that out of my mind, Hathaway isn't very attractive and her "seductive" character is off-putting. What on earth was Nolan thinking?

I have one hope for this film. Unless this hope is satisfied, I will detest the entire movie. Since the marketing began, I've heard lines like "The Legend Ends". Ends. What does Nolan mean by this? Ends as in dies for the sake of his city? Or ends as in goes into hiding and stops being Batman? Or ends as in "nothing really ends, but we wanted a cool tagline"?

Basically, if Bruce Wayne doesn't die, I will hate this film. If he does perish, I will adore it and consider Nolan's Batman as the greatest trilogy ever. :anxious:

My mom dislikes the creepiness of Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, and it's hard for me to go to a theater without her blessing. Somehow I'll make it, though; I must know, first-hand, how Nolan ends his saga.

I'm more exciting about the third Diary of a Wimpy Kid film. Woohoo for Anne Hathaway-less movies! \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

*sigh* I mostly disagree with you, AE. And I'm too tired right now to form a real response, but despite any overhypedness, I think this movie will be great, and that even Hathaway will do a good job even if she's not your typical action film actress.

*likes Christian Bale and all he does*

Whitty Whit
Whittier than you
Whittier than you

Post by Whitty Whit »

American Eagle wrote:
Whitty Whit wrote:Haha! That looks epic. Can't wait for it to come out on DVD.... in probably 2 years. :P
You're probably being sarcastic, but just so you know, TDKR will probably come out on DVD around Christmas 2012. (This is using the same timeframe as the first two Batman films.)
I was actually being serious. But hey, if that's true, I have no problem with it. ;)

Eh. Yeah, I'm thinking Bale's character will die. It's not that big of a deal for me if he dies or not.

Or he will just go to a deserted island and sing with Elvis.
1x admin, 2x moderator. 3-26-11, 5-25-12
Jehoshaphat wrote:I mean every election is basically just choosing what type of government we want.
#FOREVERKITTY
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

It would be really odd to kill off a major character that has been alive and well since the 1930's. >_> Not that they can't, because the films are their own universe. Bane broke Batman's back and he was out for a while in the comics, but that would be a really stupid way to end a movie. Yay Batman in a wheelchair! THE END! \:D/ Plus there is always the possibility of more sequels, but I am hearing its very likely they will reboot and create a Batman film in line with the DC Universe of Green Lantern and the upcoming Superman film, so they can mimic Marvel and get solo films out then put them together for the Justice League.

I am with you AE on Hatheway. I'm not a Catwoman fan and don't like the... seductive nature of the character anyway. But if she must be in Hatheway is a terrible choice... I've only ever liked her in Get Smart. She just doesn't have the look at all.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

I agree with AE one hundred percent. ;) The trailer is actually ridiculously disappointing, because it's mostly filled with Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Anne Hathaway, and nobody cares about Joseph Gordon-Levitt or Anne Hathaway. Gary Oldman, Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine are barely featured. WHY NOT. Christian Bale doesn't even look remotely interesting, and I'm afraid his character will dissipate in interest even more so then it already had in TDK. It looks like Nolan bowed too heavily to Warner Bros influence and just cast a bunch of the people from Inception and insisted on the sensual aspect of Hathaway (she's taken her career in a far more scandalous direction) simply so that it would make more money.

..obviously I'm simply judging from the trailer, and I'm still excited to see first-hand how Nolan does indeed 'end' the saga. However, I can't shake the impending fear that this is going to turn out to be another Spiderman 3. :(
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

American Eagle wrote:the story won't be as likable without Rachel Dawes
I disagree. It should be tons more likeable. I hated her in the last two. :p
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

pip wrote:
American Eagle wrote:the story won't be as likable without Rachel Dawes
I disagree. It should be tons more likeable. I hated her in the last two. :p
Take it back. :x

..though, she did die, so I would expect nothing less than for her to remain dead. :| I'm actually hoping that we'll get to see Bruce Bane dealing with that a bit more instead of just forgetting about her, since she almost seemed to be forgotten by the end of TDK.
Last edited by jelly on Wed May 02, 2012 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

The Top Crusader wrote:Bane broke Batman's back and he was out for a while in the comics, but that would be a really stupid way to end a movie. Yay Batman in a wheelchair! THE END! \:D/
Well, it worked in X-Men: First Class. Oh wait. Sorry. That movie wasn't very good, anyway.
he/him | a little stinker.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Steve wrote:Well, it worked in X-Men: First Class. Oh wait. Sorry. That movie wasn't very good, anyway.
Actually, that was one of the best Superhero movies ever created.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Yeah First Class was excellent, I'm all about Marvel Studios but I think I may have liked First Class over last year's Thor and Cap. Great comic book film.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

From what I gathered about this movie, i thought Hathaway's Catwoman was going to be less seductive....but maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'll just go into a corner, and let you guys talk *exits*

gunblader3
Found

Post by gunblader3 »

Not very impressed with the trailers, especially seeing Ann Hathaway in them. Though reading the comic books makes Bane a very interesting character, but probably won't peak up high to Keith Ledger's performance of the Joker. Honestly, they probably shouldn't even make Batman into a trilogy IMO. Looks like I'll be looking forward to the Avengers and Spiderman.
But see what I did there, I put my expectations low. Therefore I won't be disappointed in this movie even if it does suck or not.
Children are pure, they know who's the strongest. ~ Mask de Smith
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

I agree with Top and Jelly I thought X-Men First Class was way better then Thor, and a little better then CA.

I think DKR is going to be the worst of the trilogy. But I could always be surprised.