What books are you reading?

In the same vein as movie/music threads...

"Books? You want books?! Ha! We've got books on hairy otters, on onions and on mars! All the fungus you could care for, plus, three triple zillion stars. We've got books on flossing teeth, plus three books on tossing sheep. If we spent our lives just counting books, we'd never get to sleep!" -Leopold the Librarian ("The Great Wishy Woz")
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1
It’s my birthday

Post by Marvin D. »

If a book fails to hook me after the prologue and opening chapter, chances are I'm going to give it up :p I have so many books to read, so for now I've set it aside. I may return to it. .in a few years or so.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Batgirl
Lurker

Post by Batgirl »

I am currently reading Divergent, its good :)
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished Promise to Return last night. Excellent book. I can't wait for the second book. I'm now reading Once Upon a Prince by Rachel Hauck. It's the first book in her Royal Wedding series. A lady I know at the local Family Christian Store has been talking about this book the last two times I was in the store. She really liked it. So I thought I would read it. I've never read this author before. So far it is good.
Last edited by Laurie on Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

The Screwtape Letters. I started it for school, but I'm really enjoying it. (enough to read on Saturday :) )
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

Dante's The Divine Comedy. Interesting.
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished Once Upon a Prince. It was very good. Up next for me is The Amish Nanny by Mindy Starns Clark and Leslie Gould. It is the second book in their The Women of Lancaster County series.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1
It’s my birthday

Post by Marvin D. »

Obsessed - Ted Dekker
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished The Amish Nanny last night. It was excellent. I am now reading Long Road Home by Elizabeth Ludwig. It is the second book in her Edge of Freedom trilogy. Excellent so far.
Ingress Neverwhere
Resident Perditorian

Post by Ingress Neverwhere »

I was reading Concealed in Death by J.D. Robb, but I took a break to read Big Jack by her instead.
The Bible that is falling apart belongs to the person who isn't.

But nobody else is gonna put it right for me,
Nobody but me is gonna change my story!
Sometimes you have to be a little bit naughty!
Astronomer
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Astronomer »

I just finished The Vile Village by Lemony Snicket, book 7 of A Series of Unfortunate Events.
My blog: http://www.jessericebooks.blogspot.com Where I talk about stuff and the book(s) I've published.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Whispers in the Shadows by Roseanna M. White. It is the second book in her Culper Ring Trilogy.
IrishTiger
IrishTiger
IrishTiger

Post by IrishTiger »

I am reading "The Complete Father Brown" by G. K. Chesterton (thanks to bookworm). Oh, I'm also reading "City of Bones" by Cassandra Clare because I've gotten tied of people telling me I need to read it.
~IrishTiger

2 Corinthians 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. ~Robert Frost
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~Philo of Alexandria
Joshua 1:9
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I finished Whispers in the Shadows by Roseanna M. White, excellent series so far. Up next for me is Burning Sky by Lori Benton.
Last edited by Laurie on Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm about to read "The Lawman's Honor" (American spelling only because that is the way the title is written on the front cover) ;) by Linda Goodnight. It's part of her Whisper Falls series, which I've been reading over hte past week or so. Nothing crazy deep, but enjoyable. I like her characters. They seem believable, and she fleshes out the "other" characters in the book. Sometimes in books or movies you have interesting main characters and everybody else is just bland filler, which is annoying, because life isn't like that, at least most of the time. ;)
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

I don't believe in reading.
he/him | a little stinker.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I don't believe in Steve.

At all.

But now I want to read a book called "I Don't Believe in Steve."

In the very near future I will start Siri Mitchell's new book, "Love Comes Calling." It looks really good, as all her books are!
Steve

Post by Steve »

Catspaw, just for you, I'll write a book called "I Don't Believe in Steve."
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I will read that book and enjoy it. Let me know when it's done! I should note that I am the kind of person who notices typos in books and fixes them (in my own personal copy of books) with a pen, so try to get things right. :noway:
Steve

Post by Steve »

in taht caze i wil tipe teh hole tihgn lik tshi!!!!111!
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

I've been trying to read The Chronicles of Prydain by Lloyd Alexander, because I recently watched Disney's version of The Black Cauldron and I wanted to read the books. Unfortunately, school has decided to murder me, so I'm not sure how that's going to work out. :/
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog