Life, life

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Yay! I just got an order! :dance: I don't know if it's from being on the FB page or not, but I'm happy. ;)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

So I totally just got up at 1 o'clock in the morning to go get a deer, gut it, and skin it. Well I shouldn't say got up because I hadn't gone to bed yet and I have finals today (the same day as 1 o'clock). The deer was from the Sheriffs Office and was an 8-point buck. It will be ground up into hamburg mostly because its a buck. P.S. This is are third deer this year.
BlessedCheesemaker
I'm a teapot
Post by BlessedCheesemaker »

My family went to see Jonah at Sight & Sound today. It was a great play about vengeance vs. mercy that showed me a new side to the story of Jonah. The whale even came out and swam up and down the aisles. The most impressive set piece though was the ship. It was gliding back and forth across the stage, rocking as though in a big storm, and then the bottom opened up to reveal the inside of the ship where Jonah was sleeping. And it kept rocking the whole time.I thought it was an excellent story and performance!
Awesome signiture and avatar by snubs
Check out my shop on Crestwood Avenue! Want to know more about me? Ask me a question!
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

My parents went to see that this fall! \:D/ They really liked it, too!
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

I've heard of Sight and Sound....I think I went to see it in Pennsylvania when I was a baby....

I'm gearing up for the holidays! Unfortunately, my brother is going skiing over Christmas. :( He chose the slopes over us! :cry:
Tonight I have a Christmas recital. And my mom just had to invite 8 of our relatives.
I'm wearing this super pretty dress for the recital. It's purple, and has lace, in a non-old-fashioned way. It's not poofy, either, which is a plus!

And I have a baby-sitting course on January 3 that is the length of a public-school day. :p
So that's all the "exciting" stuff going on in mah life.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

I just got my learner's permit.

//SQUEE
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

Congrats!!! Don't get into any crashes.

Today I decided to crochet an octopus. So far it only has one tentacle. I've never really crocheted before either so it's kind of interesting.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Congrats Ginny!!
Last edited by Laurie on Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

Ginny Weasley wrote:I just got my learner's permit.

//SQUEE
That's so cool! Now I wish I could get mine. =(
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Ginny Weasley wrote:I just got my learner's permit.

//SQUEE
Congratulations! \:D/
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

Hadassah wrote:Today I decided to crochet an octopus. So far it only has one tentacle. I've never really crocheted before either so it's kind of interesting.
Awesome! I can't say I'm very handy at crocheting myself - I'm better at knitting. :) I only know the very, very basics of crocheting...

Today we just got a second cat! Someone couldn't keep it because of extended family allergies, so it's been passed around a couple of times as it tries out homes. ;) The cat is very sweet, 9 years old, has black and white tuxedo type color, and is a long haired (not my mom's preference). We're have him downstairs, and our other cat upstairs for the time being; they have still to meet. =) The main thing that we're worried about, is that our cat will most likely be freaking out when she sees his large body size, but hopefully they'll do okay.

I feel so blessed to have two of the sweetest cats in the world. :inlove:
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Bella is NOT sweet.

That is all.
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

I wouldn't recommend pouring steaming hot water on your arm. I tried it today, I didn't like the feel of it... ^_^
Marvin D. wrote:Bella is NOT sweet.

That is all.
Uh huh. You haven't even met her.
Last edited by Sunshine on Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Good job, Ginny! \:D/

I probably won't be back at school next semester; may go to a local school or do YWAM like my sister. But I can enjoy Christmas break at the moment.

Till the end of the line.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

I'm at home. \:D/ Yippee. Two flights; nearly missed the second one because of the transit to get to my concourse took a while. But I made it. My bag didn't, so we had to wait around for a bit for it to catch up.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Samwise
Love to love

Post by Samwise »

=D> #-o =P~ :anxious: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Christmas break is wonderful. One more semester left, and I will be out.
Merry Christmas everyone.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

Hello one and all! As a couple of you at least have probably gathered, I haven't been around much at all these past three months. It appeared to be God's will that I should be away, whether short-term or long-term, I don't know for sure. I've already begun to see fruits of spending time in quite a few other things, but I miss you all dearly! I hope you all have a very, merry Christmas, an adventurous new year and an ever closer walk with our LORD! :D
"If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be My disciples. Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love...You did not choose Me but I chose you, and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit..." - John 15:7-9, 16a

“And in despair I bowed my head;
"There is no peace on earth," I said;
"For hate is strong,
And mocks the song
Of peace on earth, good-will to men!"

Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
"God is not dead, nor doth he sleep!
The Wrong shall fail,
the Right prevail,
With peace on earth, good-will to men!”
-Henry Wadsworth Longfellow(I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day)

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I have missed having you around, TKD! :hug: I am glad to hear that it's been a fruitful time for you, and I pray that it will continue. Come say hello now and then, though! :)

Merry Christmas to everyone! We finished up our Christmas Eve program tonight and are getting ready to head to bed. :D
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

Its been a wonderful Christmas!!! Great meal and family time! I got a lamp, charger, candy, gift cards, sweatshirts and then the best of all 10 new Odysseys. I almost have all of the Odysseys now! :) Merry Christmas all!!
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

I am sitting in the Baltimore Airport nearing the end of a three hour wait between flights.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.