Life, life

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

Stop Wooton' Around wrote:My college class is definitely be going to be interesting. At some point I have to write a 10 page paper. It was pretty funny, our first day in class she asked us how long we should study for one of her tests. Someone said 6 hours, and someone else said 8. I raised my hand and said half an hour (how much I study for any class). Then she tells us 10 hours which I don't know how that is possible for one class.

Also I was on my basketball manager game and I ran across a AIO fan. He noticed my username (PaulWooton) and asked me about it. I have never ran across an AIO fan outside of an AIO site.
College is completely different than high school... 10 hours is probably a good average for how much I study for my midterms.
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

Hadassah wrote:
Stop Wooton' Around wrote:My college class is definitely be going to be interesting. At some point I have to write a 10 page paper. It was pretty funny, our first day in class she asked us how long we should study for one of her tests. Someone said 6 hours, and someone else said 8. I raised my hand and said half an hour (how much I study for any class). Then she tells us 10 hours which I don't know how that is possible for one class.

Also I was on my basketball manager game and I ran across a AIO fan. He noticed my username (PaulWooton) and asked me about it. I have never ran across an AIO fan outside of an AIO site.
College is completely different than high school... 10 hours is probably a good average for how much I study for my midterms.

But just for an exam? Would those ten hours, however, include reading the text mention in the syllabus but not actually taught? (I am hoping that is a large part of it)
Jimmy Barclay
Hexadecimal teenager

Post by Jimmy Barclay »

Yup, my brother was up until 5-6 for a week straight. Needless to say I'm not looking forward to it.

P.S. It's great to be here, I was wondering if there was a welcome thread or something equivalent.
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

Well I don't have "exams" anymore. I just have a bunch of midterms and a bunch of finals. For super difficult classes (like organic chemistry or electricity and magnetism physics) I spent like 30 hours (spread over a couple weeks) studying everything so I knew it perfectly (and I managed to get A's in both of those classes so it worked!). I usually don't stay up past 10pm though to study.
I'm know you're smart, and if you spread your studying hours out over a couple weeks you can study for tons of hours and still have a lot of spare time. Usually I get bored of what I'm studying by the time the exam rolls around I know it so well.

And I don't really have reading for my classes either. It's mainly just doing practise questions. But I'm sure reading the extra info not mentioned in class does count in the time you need to study. When I took bio I counted that as studying because it made everything else make more sense.

Today I had class again. It was good. Then I went to the gym and talked to some people after my workout. And then I came home and made supper and watched criminal minds and printed 90 pages of statics notes then cleaned off my desk and organized my binders. And now I think I'm going to read ahead for tomorrow's statics lecture.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

Well I spent my morning going through my clothes, organizing my closet, and then color coordinating it. I feel so much better now :) Now, on to my stack of books \:D/
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Ooo, sound fun. ;)

Today was really nice here - I believe our area set a new record for a high temperature - 71 degrees. Crazy for January! :mad: It was a great day for cleaning up, opening the windows and airing out, giving the dog a bath, etc. It's supposed to be warmer tomorrow. \:D/
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

I now own all of the Adventures in Odyssey Albums!!!!! I got the last four I needed for my birthday! I never thought I would own them all.
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

Stop Wooton' Around wrote:I now own all of the Adventures in Odyssey Albums!!!!! I got the last four I needed for my birthday! I never thought I would own them all.
Congratulations!! Happy listening!! :mrgreen:
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Stop Wooton' Around wrote:I now own all of the Adventures in Odyssey Albums!!!!! I got the last four I needed for my birthday! I never thought I would own them all.
That's great! \:D/ I'm no where close to that, but I think it would be cool to own them all.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

I don't think it ever got above 32 degrees... and then only at like, five o'clock after the sun had warmed up the planet. :(

I couldn't breathe this morning, that's how cold it was. \:D/
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

And you're still alive after not being able to breathe... pretty impressive, Termite! ;)

Today God really spoke to me at church, and then I went to a friend's birthday party... where we filled up on donuts =P and played some games, which included eating donuts. =P I think I'm experiencing a sugar crash from the donuts... ugh. I may have to start getting hyper-like to stay awake... :P
Last edited by Sunshine on Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tikvah
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Tikvah »

this morning it was -9(Fahrenheit). That's - 23 Celsius.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Tikvah wrote:this morning it was -9(Fahrenheit). That's - 23 Celsius.
Brrrrrr! When I was getting in the car for church this morning it was 7, and by the time we left church it was only 11. It's definitely winter here!
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Today it was 69 degrees, which is really odd for this time of year. It was warmer than friends in California and Arizona... We broke the record of 67 from back in 1972.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Metal15
Tallying up

Post by Metal15 »

braces are no fun.
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Life is so boring right now. School, reading, computer, watch something, snack, bed. <Story of my life. I need a hobby.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

It was warm this morning at 35 degrees! \:D/

........Something's wrong with that. >_>
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Metal15
Tallying up

Post by Metal15 »

love my guitar....
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

Joy wrote:Life is so boring right now. School, reading, computer, watch something, snack, bed. <Story of my life. I need a hobby.
Hobbies...
  • You could always experiment in the kitchen. Make some cookies, a smoothie, or even try donuts.
  • If you have a camera on hand, you could practice your photography skills - get creative!
  • Start memorizing a chapter or passage in the Bible - try quoting through it forwards, backwards, and then verse by verse - randomized.
  • Learn a how to knit, handknit, or crochet - youtube is a helpful place for that kind of thing.
  • Start making different types of friendship bracelets
  • Write your own short story, or start writing a longer story
Need more ideas? Let me know. :)

--

I finished a small experiment with my knitting today. Experiment successful... now I need a project to work on... maybe I'll just make a purse, or something...
Last edited by Sunshine on Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Metal15
Tallying up

Post by Metal15 »

I hate washing dishes. Period. Exclamation point. lol