Life, life

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

The Australian Open has been on this week. \:D/ Therefore, I've been watching it every evening! :- Makes me want to go play tennis...but it's too cold. :(
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Metal15
Tallying up

Post by Metal15 »

tomorrow's saturday.
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Sunshine wrote:
Joy wrote:Life is so boring right now. School, reading, computer, watch something, snack, bed. <Story of my life. I need a hobby.
Hobbies...
  • You could always experiment in the kitchen. Make some cookies, a smoothie, or even try donuts.
  • If you have a camera on hand, you could practice your photography skills - get creative!
  • Start memorizing a chapter or passage in the Bible - try quoting through it forwards, backwards, and then verse by verse - randomized.
  • Learn a how to knit, handknit, or crochet - youtube is a helpful place for that kind of thing.
  • Start making different types of friendship bracelets
  • Write your own short story, or start writing a longer story
Need more ideas? Let me know. :)

--

I finished a small experiment with my knitting today. Experiment successful... now I need a project to work on... maybe I'll just make a purse, or something...
Great ideas!
My sister knits. She gave me some wool to work with, but I forgot what to do, and am waiting for clarification.
I have a camera, and right now, it seems like I've taken pictures of everything. But, I probably haven't. I can make home movies, too.
More ideas would be nice.....PM me! I should try more cooking and experimenting!
I like friendship bracelets, but I want one of those thingies so you don't have to hold the threads.
Metal15
Tallying up

Post by Metal15 »

I'm gonna eat a hamburger tonight.
Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

I got to go rollerblading yesterday inside for a couple hours. Most fun I've had in forever \:D/

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
Metal15
Tallying up

Post by Metal15 »

about to read my bible...
Sunshine
Smile for the camera

Post by Sunshine »

Yesterday was a successful day of shopping. I just love it when I can find skirts at a decent length that actually fit! \:D/
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Trying to figure out life right now....making new friends can be hard for me.

Till the end of the line.
Metal15
Tallying up

Post by Metal15 »

ate pasta for dinner tonight. :)
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I got the Lincoln book that I have been drooling over since I first saw it online today!! I am so very glad I ordered it and I can't wait to show it to my cousin, he's going to love it!! \:D/
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Joy
Lucid and deductive

Post by Joy »

Went to help out at M.O.P.s (Mothers of Preschoolers) again. I love it. Such sweet kids.
And then I went to help out with the pastor's daughter's kid and the little baby girl she's babysitting. They were super sweet before their nap, but after, they got fussy and I think they were tired. :/
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Seven or eight years of working with (itty bitty) kids; never been used as a toilet.

My record was broken last night. I was in the 19months-2years class... gotta love the newly potty trained boys.

(I'm certain none of you wanted to know, but TOUGH. I wanted to tell.)

;)
Last edited by Termite on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Metal15
Tallying up

Post by Metal15 »

gonna play some guitar...
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

gonna go try to erase Termite's description from my feeble mind...
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

gonna inform AE she was a lot less descriptive than she could have been...
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
Metal15
Tallying up

Post by Metal15 »

life is moving on...
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I finally am not injured anymore so I got to go back to work this morning. The main downside to it is that I work at 5am in the morning, so I need to wake up at around 4:30. This normally isn't an issue because I just go to bed shortly after 9 the night before, and that's what I did last night, but there was a really loud party above my apartment and they were making noise until 2am. So work wasn't exactly fun, but I survived and it was alright.
Now it's time to get back to studying!! Fun! Kinda. I think I'm going to have a nap today though.
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

I am really excited. I got my laptop yesterday, and got to install all my stuff on it. Hopefully this can help me in organizing my information and such!

I also got a letter yesterday that I'm pretty excited about. It told me that I got accepted into the honors program at the university I am wanting to attend. It's been a great few days!

Other than that, I'm still working on my college class work. Who knew that you could take Introduction to Public Speaking as an online course?!
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

Let's see, I have to work tomorrow, have an English paper due Monday, a Pysch test due Monday (the one I supposedly have to study for 10 hours), and AP US History to read. Plus next week Saturday I have Instrumental Solo and Ensemble Contest and I learned today that the last 5 years I have been playing that I have been tonguing wrong (wind instrument players know what that is). So yeah in one week I have to try and make it a reflex after 5 years of doing it wrong. Fun times!!!
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

Congrats Monty!! That is really weird that intro o public speaking is online haha.

Tonight I had a great idea that for every minute I spend online or gaming , I need to spend a minute reading my Bible. I think that should work out great. God has been really working in my life lately and convicting me of so many things. I never realized this, even though I heard it so many times, but if you ask God to show you what you need to change in your life he really does. It's been an interesting time, but I'm so glad I've recognized these problems before they got even more out of control. I work again tomorrow and just pray the kids behave while I teach them swimming.