It's Time for...Random Trivia!

This forum is home to games of all various shapes and sizes. Members are welcome to start and participate in contests on this board.
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

Lots, :yes:.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

SoccerLOTR wrote:According to the most recent Red Cross standards, When performing CPR, what is the ratio of chest compressions to breaths that you should give to a person?
adults, children, infants:
single rescuer - 30:2
two or more rescuers - 15:2
newborns:
general - 3:1
if cause is known - 15:2
Researched.

And going back to this:
SoccerLOTR wrote:In what year did I start patrolling the AIO boards, and where was I the most active?
Does that refer to this site?
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Good job Marvin! Yes, it is 30 compressions to 2 breaths. On the offhand chance you have two rescuers, for a child and infant it is 15:2...but adult remains the same (30:2).

Bookworm, unfortunately you read the AHA guidelines...I was looking for the Red Cross guidelines...

And no, it did not refer to this site...it referred to my attendance in any AIO board...

Next question will be a science question.
What element is #32 on the periodic table?
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

Do not be anxious about anything...~Phil 4:6-7

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

I died and became a Roman Soldier--It was rather distracting.~Rory (Dr.Who)
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Haha, if I ever need to perform CPR, the person is going to die. \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Unless you get yourself all signed up for a few classes so you can learn to do it right!!
It was good knowing you StrongNChrist; you taught me a lot. I'll meet you someday for real in God's presence.

Which Jesus do you follow? If Ephesians says to imitate Christ, why do you look so much like the world?~Todd Agnew

If more of us valued food, cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.~Tolkien

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.~J Adams

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.~B Franklin

Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

The answer's Geramium, and I researched it \:D/
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

SoccerLOTR wrote:Bookworm, unfortunately you read the AHA guidelines...I was looking for the Red Cross guidelines...
Then why did I have the same answer? :?
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Well, they are the same guidelines for a single rescuer--always 30:2. So the answer was fine for the first part you gave. But AHA changes the ratio to 15:2 when 2 rescuers are present, even for an adult--Red Cross only changes the ratio for kids/infants...and for the Red Cross, newborns are infants, so no 3:1 ratio.

Next question is a restaurant/food question.
Coldstone Ice Cream shops have names for their three sizes...what are they?

Knight Fisher
I fish in the darkness
I fish in the darkness

Post by Knight Fisher »

Like It™ - approximately 5 oz.
Love It™ - approximately 8 oz.
Gotta Have It™ - approximately 12 oz.

Very researched.
To LGBT ToOers: The world is so much wider than your family and church. There are accepting people out there.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Haha, I was gonna say, wow, I never knew how many ounces each were...good job.

Next question is a biology/psychology question.

What is the neurotransmitter best known for causing feelings of happiness and pleasure?

Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

Serotonin

I looked it up!
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

{sigh} Learn your neurotransmitters! Lol. Correctomundo...

Next question is a weather question. (Since you'll probably have to look it up, you'll get full credit)
What was the high temperature for Little Rock, Arkansas today?

Graces4you
Love to love
Location: Somewhere in a Beautiful Valley That everyone ought a see.

Post by Graces4you »

100 Degrees! Reserched of course

Visit Sundays Emporium for all your gift giving needs!!! \:D/
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Wow, it only got up to 100 there?! It was the same temp here...a decent amount north of there!

Next question will be a movies question.
What comic book franchise has come out with 4 movies in relatively recent years?

American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

This is a tough question because the only one I can think of is the X-Men, and that had five films. :-k

From memory (italic are planned, but not released) :
  • X-Men, X2: X-Men United, X-Men: The Last Stand, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and X-Men First Class (five films)
  • Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2, Spider-Man 3, The Amazing Spider-Man (three films)
  • Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3, The Avengers (two films)
  • Transformers, Tranformers: Revenge of the Fallen, Transformers: Dark of the Moon (three films)
  • Superman Returns, Man of Steel (one film)
  • Fantastic Four, Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (two films)
  • Catwoman, Batman & Robin?, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises (two or three films)
  • Hulk, The Incredible Hulk, The Avengers (two films)
  • Ghost Rider, Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance (one film)
  • Green Lantern (one film)
  • Thor, Thor 2, The Avengers (one film)
  • Captain America: The First Avenger, The Avengers (one film)
  • Daredevil, Elektra (two-ish films)
  • Pirates of the Caribbean did have four, but I don't think it's based off a comic book...
So I'll have to guess the X-Men franchise, assuming you didn't count one of the films?
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Wow, AE, nice analysis. And you're correct...it was X-Men...and I forgot about the last one. Obviously haven't seen the most recent one...I forgot that another came out after Wolverine!

Next question shall be a Bible question.
Two part question: What was the name of Timothy's grandmother, and what was the name of Timothy's mother?

Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Eustace and Lois, I believe. No research.

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
SoccerLOTR
If posts were pigs...

Post by SoccerLOTR »

Hmm...I'll give you 3/4 credit. Good job with no research...it is Eunice and Lois.

Next question will be a Geography question.
What is the population of Mexico City, Mexico?

Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

21.1 million or 20.45 (it depends on what source you're using)

I had to research which drives me crazy...I should have known that!
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Drat, I wasn't sure about Eunice, but I knew she had to be a Eu-something :-