Life, life

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Woohoo! \;D/

And booo! :(

I do not miss those days. Have fun, Shennifer. ;)

I helped with the three-year-olds at church this morning and it was super busy (as always!) but also a lot of fun. I love it when I have a few minutes to talk with one-on-one for a bit and hear fun stuff like how excited somebody is for her new baby brother to arrive, or how she gets to visit her "fun Grandma" (her words, not mine) ;) that afternoon.
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

I worked on my physics class all day for the past three days. :thud:
:wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Wow, Penguin, I hope that at least means that you're done for a while! :mad:

Yesterday was great. A couple of friends came over in the afternoon and we watched stuff and ate pizza and chocolate.

Today, on the other hand.... ;) My day was fine, but then I had an appointment to get my winter tires changed over to my summer tires (for people who live in consistently warm places, winter tires are way better when it comes to cold weather, snow, and ice) so I took care of that, went to the library for a few minutes, got home, and immediately after I got out of my car I thought, "What's that hissing sound?" It was, of course, my back driver's side tire, which must have had an issue that wasn't noticed until it was a bit too late. By that time the auto service people were all gone when I called, so now tomorrow morning I'll be stuck calling to try to get in right away and getting enough air in my tire to drive back, with the hope that I won't be too late for work. Booo! :x Needless to say, I was very unimpressed.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

Yesterday I took my last final, so I'm now all done with college! \:D/
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

Yaayyy!! \:D/
:thewave:
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

DanP740 wrote:Yesterday I took my last final, so I'm now all done with college! \:D/
How did that work? I thought the semester schools didn't get out until May 2nd ish.

Congratulations \:D/
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

DanP740 wrote:Yesterday I took my last final, so I'm now all done with college! \:D/
Congrats! \:D/

My life is full of questions right now. Like...how long have we had a Gaming Den? o.O

SnC Forever. Miss you still.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

My program (automotive) has shorter semesters than normal college.

And we've had a Gaming Den for like... the majority of the age of the ToO.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

See, it kind of seemed like it, and yet.. Has it always been a subforum of HT?
But then, I'm extremely good at overlooking what's right in front of me though. :P It's disheartening.

-
I guess it wasn't the most popular subform so I may have just overlooked it. But overlooking it for five years would be a new one.
Last edited by The Kings Daughter on Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

It used to be in SBC, but it was moved to the Harlequin.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Stop Wooton' Around
Wooton rocks!
Wooton rocks!

Post by Stop Wooton' Around »

Look time no visit...in fact I had an unread Christmas message...that means its been way too long. I love the college life, particularly (mainly) the leaving all by myself part. Changed majors from Computer Science to Computer Information Technology, starting next Fall. Crunch time is upon us now for the end of this semester...gah!

But the big thing in my life, has been my trip to Costa Rica. I went there over Spring Break as part of a Service Learning/Course for college. We volunteered at an orphanage in the mornings and visited cultural sites in the afternoon. It was the most amazing week of my life. Now I have the travel bug something furious. As a result, I have made it a goal to go to a different country every Spring and Winter Break. I am preliminary planning on a trip to the Philippines come December through an organization (Hands.org) which helps first clear than rebuilt areas hit by natural disasters.

Still trying to figure out my future career path, but college has been fantastic so far. Found me a good church (OdysseyFan1's church if anyone remembers him) and loving the new experiences.
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

Welcome back Stop Wooton' Around!

What is the difference between Computer Science and Computer Information Technology?
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

DanP740 wrote:It used to be in SBC, but it was moved to the Harlequin.
Okay, so I'm not completely nuts. Awesome. Thanks. :)

Paula
insert dash here

Post by Paula »

So this morning my brother comes down the stairs in(brace yourself it's not pretty)...Stripes and plaid. It would have been fine if he knew it didn't match, but he was insistent that it matched...So long story short he's now matching :)

BTW...Our house sold \:D/
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
#pPodPartnersWithPenguin
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

Done with my last paper of the semester! \:D/

Now I just have to study for my finals this week woohoo

Till the end of the line.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

My life currently consists of watching hockey. I fit work and sleep in as necessary. ;) It's great, but I'm really looking forward to the second round so there are fewer games to all try to balance! :mad: For those of you judging me, a) you're probably not a Canadian ;) and b) I know it isn't super healthy, but hey, the playoffs only come around once a year, and my favourite teams keep playing late! It's not my fault! O:)
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

I spent the better part of yesterday working on a programming assignment that is due today only to realize, after I had finished, that I did the wrong one. >_> So I completed the right one today and it actually was much easier.
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

Penguin wrote:I spent the better part of yesterday working on a programming assignment that is due today only to realize, after I had finished, that I did the wrong one. >_> So I completed the right one today and it actually was much easier.
Ooh, programming! Are you a CS major? What are your favorite languages?

Last night four friends and I hiked three miles during dusk through the woods and over a river up to a ridge where we built a fire, sang songs, star gazed, and slept. I then woke up at 3:40am and left my four other friends to hike back to campus alone, in the dark to make an appointment with two other friends at 5:20am to go running. Just as I made it to campus, it started raining. I have to admit being a bit amused thinking about the friends I left on the ridge waking up in the rain.

Oh, and the previous night my flip flops broke walking through the mud by the river, so I ended up walking both ways barefoot. Which was good because my feet had become far too soft over the winter months. :noway: Time to toughen them back up! \:D/
Pengwin
Penguin-tastic
Penguin-tastic

Post by Pengwin »

NatetheGreat wrote:
Penguin wrote:I spent the better part of yesterday working on a programming assignment that is due today only to realize, after I had finished, that I did the wrong one. >_> So I completed the right one today and it actually was much easier.
Ooh, programming! Are you a CS major? What are your favorite languages?
Yes I am! :) I've only learned Java. My sister knows C++ and I've seen very little of python.
Marvin D.
i haz xpirenancee!!1

Post by Marvin D. »

Computer languages are the WORST. I get frustrated in five seconds once the error codes start showing up. BEGONE, FOOLISH SYNTAX ERRORS :x
"I still see Marvin as a newbie that is just as cool as an oldie." --snubs

Most Sarcastic Poster | Most Likely To Be Eaten By a Dinosaur and Smote by God |
Biggest Joker and Grammar Nazi | Best Writer