Remember When You Were a Newb

Or at least when you first started posting.

Are youse looking for quality electronics at a fair price? Well, come on down to The Electric Palace where we have everything youse are looking for! While money can't be earned by posting here, youse'll find great deals on nonsense of all kinds. So what are youse waiting for? Join the conversations that just don't quite fit anywhere else!
Taq
A great mapmaker

Remember When You Were a Newb

Post by Taq »

Quote your first ToO and TH (if applicable) posts and comment! How did you begin, and how were you greeted?
Itaque, in her first post at the TH, wrote:Hey, all! This is my first time posting at the TH, but I've frequented it for a little while now. Let me just say that I am very much excited to be in the presence of fellow AiO lovers. I know you all will make me feel welcome. ;)
Pretty boring. Notable replies: "errr...hio" by EK and Jared stopping by to explain the Latin.
Itaque, in her first post at the ToO right here in HH, wrote:Yesssss! I have reached the milestone of exactly one post. Hurrah!
Weird. Notable replies: "woohoo great acomplishment :^o" by EK with Jonathan chiding EK for not seeing "the humor in his remark".
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

How do you figure out your first post? I've tried looking at all my posts and than going to the very last page, but that's just my post in the "deadest" thread... :-s
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeah, my first ever post on the TH apparently was in the middle of a dating debate or something... which seems odd. :-s
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

The Top Crusader wrote:Yeah, my first ever post on the TH apparently was in the middle of a dating debate or something... which seems odd. :-s
Post it! Post it! And any notible responces! \:D/
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

"Guys I was wondering if you've seen Charlie and the Chocolate Factory? How is it, I'm going to see it some time soon? Just wondering if it's worth watching? Thanks" Well that's my first post on thetoo. :shock:
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Here's mine!
http://www.thetoo.com/viewtopic.php?p=263454#263454

"Helloo out there. I'm making my "I'm new" announcement. I was a lurker, but finally jumped on board. Thanks for the nice people who have already greeted me.
That's all I'm going to say now... :noway: maybe I will reveal more later? (Trying to be sneaky but not succeeding)"

Back when I tried to have an apostrophe in my name but it didn't work and Corey had to change it for me. I'm still sad about it :(
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Applesauce
I'm memorable

Post by Applesauce »

The thing about me, I don't like to join message boards just for the sake of joining them. I'll join if there's something I want to add to a conversation. So, I'll become a member, say what I want to say, and if I like the message board, I'll stick around. That said, here is my first post!
Smushed and Spicy! \:D/

I really need to change my avatar...
Fenix
The Rich

Post by Fenix »

Hahha great topic

Nigel had just made a thread titled "This is great! :D".
http://www.thetoo.com/viewtopic.php?t=54&highlight=

Here is my First post
I m bored already. :cry:
Andrea Meltsner
I've been working out

Post by Andrea Meltsner »

here is one...
St Hellen wrote:
Screech wrote:
Chandler wrote:Hope we didn't spoil it for you Screech. 8-[
No, you didn't I obayed Chadowpaw and didn't open this thread or go to the SF until I heard it.

you what? if you mean you OBEYED SHADOWPAW then, ok so did I... :D
dont know if it is the first. but that does not matter...
Doctor Who is Awesome

I couldn't stay away

Nerdfighter for Life!
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

My first post on the ToO! \:D/
Catspaw's first ToO post wrote:I must agree that this is a cool idea! The only problem is that it's the kind of thing that I'll want to spend lots of time doing, and right now I don't have tons of time. Oh, well - who needs sleep anyway? :D
A fairly dull and commonplace entrance.

My first post on the TH! \:D/
Catspaw's first post on the TH wrote:I think that Jared is a great character! He's still funny now, but he has more depth than before - he helped Mandy and Liz resolve their conflict, and his conspiracy theories are less wild now. (For the most part, anyway!) In my opinion, he's fun to listen to. Long live Jared!
Nothing too exciting...but nobody responded to my post, and I thought that everybody probably hated me. :( Not that I was oversensitive or anything... ;) It's always interesting looking at old posts!
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

I try not to go back and look at my old posts, because I was rather inadept (is that a word?) at conversing via posts. ;) But anyway...
First TH Post...as far as I know wrote:Hi everyone! I'm a complete newbie here. I know quite a bit about it though... I've been coming in for a while and reading some of the topics... hope no one minds--- Well, I thought I'd just drop in to say hi and that I'm glad to be here!
Blah. :anxious:
First ToO Post wrote:Ohh, the old HH......I remember when I had the highest post count there...and then I faded out of existence. It was fun while it lasted.....
That wasn't so bad...but posts a little after that were.... ;)
Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle

Post by Hakeber BC Rathbne Doyle »

My first post, my first three posts, were about what are your favorite ice-creams. Real noobish. Ugh
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

My first post was in City Hall, some thread about the bank robbery. (I didn't know to look at the time/date to not reply. :anxious: )

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Post by ajamj »

For whatever reason, I made my first post here in HH.
http://thetoo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3305
ajamj wrote:Pete Seat
Which, by the way, was the correct answer!

Didn't I just imply in another thread that I follow rules? I don't think I ever posted a "Hello, I'm new" in "Welcome/Goodbye"! :oops:
NatetheGreat
Got Pancakes?

Post by NatetheGreat »

NatetheGreat wrote:How do you figure out your first post? I've tried looking at all my posts and than going to the very last page, but that's just my post in the "deadest" thread... :-s
Would someone mind replying to the above post? :-k
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Go to the your profile the way others see it, and where it says Find all posts by NatetheGreat, click on that. Go to the last page (#153 for you!) and find your first post!
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

When does one consider themselves as not a nOOb?
Aram
Expecting a battle

Post by Aram »

Eh I remember accidently crashing the General ToO Hospital..

:hithead:

but that was way back in the day..
Azariah Ben Yaakov
100% Kosher
100% Kosher
Location: Chillin. Probably sniffing your connection for passwords \:D/

Post by Azariah Ben Yaakov »

Ry
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

I don't even want to look at my first post.. I think it's something about being excited about the new board.. \:D/
...I hate marquees.