So What's the Story Here?

At the Second Church of Odyssey you'll find different ways of expressing your beliefs, finding prayer support or being encouraged through regular devotionals.
Flyah
Popsicle kid

So What's the Story Here?

Post by Flyah »

Who is the Pastor? What is the gameplan? I really don't get why it's the second church - anything I can do to revive this flagging work?
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

It's the second church because the first Church got blown up by Hassan. I think blipaduza is still the pastor, but I don't know. Other than that, we should post whatever biblical things we have, prayer requests, or bible studies here. :)
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yay, lets have a church split! \:D/
Flyah
Popsicle kid

Post by Flyah »

Lord_Kappa wrote:It's the second church because the first Church got blown up by Hassan. I think blipaduza is still the pastor, but I don't know. Other than that, we should post whatever biblical things we have, prayer requests, or bible studies here. :)
Right. I am the original founder and pastor of the First Church Kappa. When I said what's going on, I meant that it seems the church is in shambles with no leadership. I'd be willing to take over again, but not sure if there's support for that or not. I'd definitely need a salary increase. Now that JF is COP, I suppose I could get it (?)
The Top Crusader wrote:Yay, lets have a church split! \:D/
All right Top, let's start a second church...to be known as third church?
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Flyah wrote:Right. I am the original founder and pastor of the First Church Kappa. When I said what's going on, I meant that it seems the church is in shambles with no leadership.
Umm...I think blipadouzi has done a great job. :anxious: He's posted lots of devotionals and seems to take his leadership of this section seriously. Check out this threadfor reasons why he may not be around a lot at the moment. :)
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

And, Flyah, if you're wondering why no one seems to have posted here in the last few months, that's b/c for a while this board was down.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

"In shambles" seems like a harsh term for a place that one has been absent from for a very, very long time. As Jonathan now mentioned, the board was unavailable for a while (darn you, Regis! :x) but now it's back, and blipadouzi has been very faithful to the board during his time, though recently he hasn't been able to be here. The board is available for people to post prayer requests and stuff, just like it always has, except for the last little while.

I think I'm turning into Jessica here (:shock:) but I don't see the need for lots of really active, hands-on leadership of a message board "church"...which is a good thing, because it hasn't had much of that anyway! \:D/
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

I've always been concerned about the level of attention and work put into THIS church if it indeed draws away in any way from your own local church... the one with living breathing humans ;)

A forum for prayer requests and going through biblical passages is fine but for this to be a fully functional church, there needs to be a few manditory things as laid out in scripture.

This is not a church.

It may be christian based and it may help christians with their walk in the lord but I sincerely hope that this forum hasn't confused anyone with scripture's commands about being part of a community of believers. As much fun as we have here and as close as we can get, we will never be close enough to actually be a church here.
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

I agree with STRYPER, it isn't a Church, but a place for Christian discussion. We don't need to have someone direct anything, we need a moderator to sticky topics, delete topics, and generally run the place. And since it's a "church" we elected a "pastor" it's not supposed to be anything deeper. (I don't think. :anxious:)
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

Good, that's all I was concerned about.

I would be hesitant to call it a "church" and the mod a "pastor" but that's a minor issue.
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again