Entire ToO to be shut down.

Original TH coming back with their classic team of administrators

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
underdogfan710
Pilgrim

Post by underdogfan710 »

ivybug7 wrote:hey Darcie! :wave: :thewave:

Spam alert! :!:
God promises a safe landing, not smooth passage.

:shocking: + :jester: = :mad:
Bennett
Someone's favorite

Post by Bennett »

Not that I use the facility, but this really defeats the purpose of the Hillingadale haven. Isn't it SUPPOSED to be random? Isn't it SUPPOSED to be where ANYTHING (to moral extent) applies? Isn't this EXACTLY what rule with Jared Walza--(whatever) was like over at the old boards? One thing I liked about how things were was that the Hillingdale it was EXPECTED to have just anything. But now you've stuck limits, added rules. And more rules will apply. And people will break rules. And people will be angry. And then Bennett will be forced to open a new place for everyone to move over at tob.com (Town of Bennett)*. Maybe I'm confused. Maybe I'm up to date. Maybe I just don't see the problem. It raises the count of posts. So what? I think people should learn eventually to have enough maturity to not let the count of posts bother them. They're posts. It's not the quanity, but the quality. And if some people think that a large number of posts will let them be remembered; well, it won't. Have a large effect on other members, and come up with a few clever sayings, catchy catch-phrases, original reviews, clever ideas, a good contest, and overall good topics, THEN you'll be remembered.
So Am I completely off-topic and don't know what I'm talking about? Sure. Basically all that was to ask "Why?". I want this board to be careful and NOT let things get TOO restrictive. The old board was obsessed with fairness of posts a little too much. That's what sparked tension that eventually lead it to close (or one of the many indirect factors). I think things were fine. Hopefully the next Mayor will change things back.

And sure I'm not helping the peace by arguing :)

But I don't really care cause I never post at Hillingdale Haven.

Bennett

*not a real website.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I think that part of the reason that you don't see a problem is stated right in your post - you never go to HH. :) Lots of fun stuff has happened there, and there have been lots of totally fun and utterly pointless and useless threads there. However, when one thread is getting three posts a minute, with the same person posting twice per minute in there sometimes, with the only content being "bump," you can see how the quality and the fun is of a fairly low quality. ;) I think that this will allow the stuff that some people enjoy but most of us would prefer to skip to continue, but where people can avoid it easily. I generally enjoy HH, but it was at the point where wading through four pages of three-way discussions about whether or not the other people were spammers or not was really not worth the potential to actually find something interesting. If that stuff is gone, then the threads that actually are random and fun, as opposed to being only post-boosting and annoying, can be enjoyed again.

I could be wrong, but with no post-raising incentive, I doubt that some threads will be as popular as before. :-
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

So I guess we'll see alot of people's post counts go down. :anxious:
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
Jennifer Doyle
An original

Post by Jennifer Doyle »

I guess it doesn't really matter to me one way or the other, because I'm pretty rarely in there...
“God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.” Chester W. Nimitz
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

danadelfos wrote:So I guess we'll see alot of people's post counts go down. :anxious:
Why? :-s
...I hate marquees.
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

Won't they be moving threads such as count in a binary, etc. into the Padded Room?
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Yeah, But I don't think it will effect current post-counts. I guess we'll see..
...I hate marquees.
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

J-man wrote:Yeah, But I don't think it will effect current post-counts. I guess we'll see..
It won't. None of these changes will retroactively affect post count. It'll only change things from here on out.

For everyone's information, the Padded Room, as stated before, has been created, and several threads have already been moved there. It hasn't been opened up yet, however, because up till now, the admin panel did not have the option to toggle whether or not post count was enabled in a forum. We're working on modding the board so that it will be possible, but some previously installed mods are having a problem working along with this one. Shadowpaw and I have been working together on this, and almost have it working, but it's gonna take a little more time. Just thought I'd let you know. :)
Not dead yet.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Thanks for the update, I was wondering what was going on.. ;)
...I hate marquees.
Sonny C Rathbne Doyle
OK

Post by Sonny C Rathbne Doyle »

What!?!?!?
It is I
WINDSHEAR
Name Eater

Post by WINDSHEAR »

Thanks for the update, David. \:D/

I can tell the bump thread was deleted. My post count went down... kinda dramatically. :anxious:

But now I'm back to my true post count. No spam there! \:D/
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:27 AM): That long?!
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:31 AM): IT WAS EONS AGO!
JIA (9/13/2008 10:54:33 AM): *falls over*
WINDSHEAR (9/13/2008 10:54:46 AM): I've already fallen over and died :noway:
WINDSHEAR (9/13/2008 10:54:47 AM): I beat you. :neener:
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

Urm...I Can't Find the padded room at all. :-k :-s
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

They're still working on modding the board so that posts won't be counted there.
...I hate marquees.
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

Oh ok, Thank you Jman!
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

who is the new mod?
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

We will know tomorrow morning ;)
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Is the new Mod for the padded room or for HH in general? :-k
...I hate marquees.
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

J-man wrote:Is the new Mod for the padded room or for HH in general? :-k
I believe it's for all of HH, Padded Room inlcuded. :-k

-Cowboy
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

Yeah it's for everything.
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again