Peter Pan

What could be better?

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
wooton_bassett
OK

Peter Pan

Post by wooton_bassett »

What do you think of Peter Pan. This is one of my favorite stories eever. I want to know if people have the same feelings that i do on the subject of Peter Pan
"I'm a neat freak and a toy geek. Rarely do the two go together but I guess I'm the exception."
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

I'm assuming that you're referring to the Disney version, since you also mentioned this movie in the old Disney movie threads. I love that movie - it's one of those movies that you can never see too many times! \:D/

I like the movie Hook with Robin Williams - it's an interesting version of Peter Pan! I also like Finding Neverland with Johnny Depp. Peter Pan related stories seem to be popular. \:D/
Manda
Someone's favorite

Post by Manda »

Catspaw wrote: I like the movie Hook with Robin Williams - it's an interesting version of Peter Pan! I also like Finding Neverland with Johnny Depp. Peter Pan related stories seem to be popular. \:D/
I've seen both of those and the newer Peter Pan movie - but I haven't actually seen the old Disney movie, just bits of it. I do love the story though! :-)
Zelda Jacobs
I'm not Gabe

Post by Zelda Jacobs »

When I saw this thread I knew I had to post in it. I love the Peter Pan Disney Movie! :D I t happens to be one of my favorite Disney Movies. (tied with Robin Hood) My brother and I use to play in our woods and my brother would be Robin Hood and I would insists on being Peter Pan. (or I guess Penny Pan :anxious: )
Lord_Kappa
A great mapmaker

Post by Lord_Kappa »

When Peter Pan was first performed as a play (and again later on Broadway) Peter Pan was played by a woman. :D

I like the Peter Pan movie, we used to own it but it was stolen. :anxious:

I want to get it when it comes out on DVD.
“Among the attributes of God, although they are all equal, mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice.” —Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

By the way, Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, was a racist.
sweet pea
Tallying up

Post by sweet pea »

i have seen the old one (tinker bell was a flashlight and peter pan was a girl) the cartoon 1 and 2
i own Hook..
i bought the new one!! peter pan is to cute! and i LOVE TINK!!

and i have seen finding never land ...

im a fairy freak!!! and have lots of tinker bell stuff!

all the movies were great!
still trying to find neverland thought *sigh* .. i hope they'll take me
*dont worry about the world ending today.. its already tommarrow in australia.*
H Tide
Sing in the sunshine

Post by H Tide »

Alas, Peter Pan belongs to the list of older Disney movies that I've never seen (Alice in Wonderland, Lady and the Tramp, and The Jungle Book are also in the list). I've seen bits and pieces of it, but not the whole thing. I do know, however, what the story's about. ;)
Lulu the Paw
29K to go!

Post by Lulu the Paw »

I will admit that I saw Peter Pan 2-my 12 year old cousin made me do it. :anxious: It's redeemed somewhat by the fact that Corey Burton(who plays our beloved Cryin' Bryan Dern, Shakespeare, and numerous other AIO characters) voices Captain Hook.
Carolita
I'm not Gabe
Location: the small fraction of time between normal hectic life and mega hectic college

Post by Carolita »

I love Peter Pan. :inlove: He's my favorite fairy tale character.

(And, people, am I the only one who cried at the end of Finding Neverland? *sob* :- )
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Carolita wrote:I love Peter Pan. :inlove: He's my favorite fairy tale character.

(And, people, am I the only one who cried at the end of Finding Neverland? *sob* :- )
I at least came close to it. :anxious: That's a really good movie!

Lulu, I must admit that I didn't even realize that there was a Peter Pan 2 - I should try to find it somewhere! Corey Burton would be worth it, even if the movie was kind of lame, like most Disney sequels.
Squirrel
I've been here a bit

Post by Squirrel »

I love Peter Pan! Though it makes me sad at the end when Wendy decides to grow up, and you realize she'll never get to see Neverland again. I always wanted to live in Neverland.
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

I love the books Peter and the Starcatchers, Peter and the Shadowtheives- they're about Peter Pan, they are wonderful!

When I saw this thread- I though, "Where is Frank when we need her?". :boohoo:

I love Finding Neverland as well! I've never seen the movie Hook though... :-k
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

I've seen a few adaptations I've seen Hook (Although it's been a while), I've seen Finding Neverland , I've also seen Mary Martin in a production of Peter Pan. It's an alright story, but not one of my favorite.
wooton_bassett
OK

Post by wooton_bassett »

Esther EK wrote:I love the books Peter and the Starcatchers, Peter and the Shadowtheives- they're about Peter Pan, they are wonderful!

When I saw this thread- I though, "Where is Frank when we need her?". :boohoo:

I love Finding Neverland as well! I've never seen the movie Hook though... :-k
I agree those are amazing
"I'm a neat freak and a toy geek. Rarely do the two go together but I guess I'm the exception."
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Esther EK wrote:When I saw this thread- I though, "Where is Frank when we need her?". :boohoo:
That's exactly what I thought! :(

I didn't realize that Corey Burton played Captain Hook in Return to Neverland! That's awesome! :D I have always loved Peter Pan. It's one of those classic stories. I also really like Finding Neverland. That's a good movie, too. I haven't seen Hook.
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Ooh... everyone should see Hook!! I remember when I first saw it- it totally made me believe that the story could be true! Dustin Hoffman and Robin Williams are both awesome in it.

Still need to see Finding Neverland. :(
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

The new Peter Pan was awesome. The boy who played Peter Pan was wonderful! :inlove:

Finding Neverland=ugh. No comment.

The story Peter Pan is a wonderful story.
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

H Tide wrote:Alas, Peter Pan belongs to the list of older Disney movies that I've never seen (Alice in Wonderland, Lady and the Tramp, and The Jungle Book are also in the list). I've seen bits and pieces of it, but not the whole thing. I do know, however, what the story's about. ;)
I'm just the opposite... I've seen all the old animated ones but haven't bothered with a lot of the newer ones. :-$