Food Network

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
Arla
Popsicle kid

Food Network

Post by Arla »

I totally love the Food Network! I could leave it on all day. The only downside is I usually get hungry and I can't smell what their making. I love to watch Good Eats and Iron Chef. I cannot stand, at all, Rachel Ray. A little to perky for my tastes.
Just smell those burning leaves, the warm baked bread, and the hot apple cider. Ahhh.
Sarah
Someone's favorite

Post by Sarah »

I love the Food Network! I especially enjoy watching Everyday Italian with Giada de Laurentiis. :)

Sarah
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

I watch it everyday too!! Probably my favorite channel. \:D/
Trinarius
If posts were pigs...

Post by Trinarius »

Our family watches a lot of Food Network. ;) There are a lot of good shows...Ina Garten (The Barefoot Contessa) is pretty good. Hehe, I'm more interested in the camera shots, music, and production value more than the food though. And you're right, KK, Rachael Ray needs to stop and take a breath sometimes. ;)
-Josh

Trinarius is back. Kind of.
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

My dad is a chef- so, if he's home- there is NO watching of any sort of cooking shows! :lol:

This thread is making me hungry though... :-
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

Unwrapped is one of my favorite shows. \:D/ My mom is always watching Paula Dean, but her accent is too annoying for me, though. :noway:

Miss Ray gets on my nerves, too... \:D/
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

Iron Chef America and Good Eats are often watched here, but Rachael Ray is disallowed for her annoyance factor. Actually, we had just watched Paula try to kill her viewers with butter (again) and Giana try to have her clueless mom help make chocolate items when I first saw this topic! But I was too hungry to respond at the time. ;)
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Baragon
Party Pooper

Post by Baragon »

Darcie wrote: Actually, we had just watched Paula try to kill her viewers with butter (again)
Hehe! My mom always comments on that. ;)
Dr. Watson wrote:The main reason for the Civil War was so that rednecks can drive around with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
PJ
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: wandering in the desert, searching for my promised land

Post by PJ »

Good Eats and Unwrapped are good! I also like Paula Dean and Rachel Ray..unlike most of the people who have posted in this thread.. *shifty eyes*
Love is stronger than death.
Rio
Animatronic

Post by Rio »

Pretty big Good Eats fan here.... Excited because i am going to Atlanta in May for a week so maybe I'll bump into Mr. Brown!! \:D/
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

Well, I watched it once. It was really funny. They were having this "Battle of the Chefs" and this episode about pies. Yum!
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

Iron Chef Japan > Iron Chef America. The american version is just so less... epic.
:l
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

True. And they totally know the "secret" ingredient ahead of time. :roll: I only like the American one better because seafood items make me ill, so very few dishes on the original version are appetizing to me. ;)
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
ajamj
Older Than Dirt
Older Than Dirt

Post by ajamj »

Unwrapped and Good Eats are two of my favorites. We used to watch Iron Chef, but we never watch the American version because Bobby Flay bugs me.

Everyone should have a happy dance.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Darcie wrote: but Rachael Ray is disallowed for her annoyance factor.
DELISH!
Thursday Next
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Thursday Next »

I like watching Good Eats and Iron Chef. Mum sometimes wonders what Alton Brown must have been before food network because of the stuff you learn on his show.
FrayedAroundTheEdges
i hold the hand that holds the world
i hold the hand that holds the world

Post by FrayedAroundTheEdges »

Sarah wrote:I love the Food Network! I especially enjoy watching Everyday Italian with Giada de Laurentiis. :)

Sarah
I <33333 her!!
I cant stand Paula Dean or Barefoot Contessa (I think its though BC wears the exact same clothes every show, an she never does anything diff with her hair, it's annoying)
]Lost and insecure, you found me, lyin on the floor...
whyd you have to wait? where were you?
just a little late...you found me
<3 The Fray --> You Found Me
PJ
Catspaw Rocks!
Location: wandering in the desert, searching for my promised land

Post by PJ »

I like the cookoffs/bakeoffs also. Those are really fun to watch. The people are so creative. I only feel bad when their creations fall!
Love is stronger than death.
Rio
Animatronic

Post by Rio »

Hey has anyone seen Alton Brown's facial hair lately?? Scary! :shock:
Laurie
Climbing the Ladder

Post by Laurie »

RioRenae wrote:Hey has anyone seen Alton Brown's facial hair lately?? Scary! :shock:
Scary is right. He is much better looking clean shaven.