Choose Your Own Adventure

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Movieman
Wants David O Piano
Wants David O Piano

Choose Your Own Adventure

Post by Movieman »

Remember those old books and how fun it was... and how many of us cheated by flipping back and insisting we didn't choose the wrong page? This is how it'll work here: I start off by describing what my character is doing and then I make two options to choose from. I choose one of the options for myself, and the person who posts next gets to make up what happens (prolonged life, or death) and then has to either start a new character (if they choose death) or come up with two choices of their own (if they choosed prolonged life). And please, don't make the previous person's character die EVERY time :D .

I'm walking down a dark hallway in a neighboring house after I saw my dog run inside. It's really scary but I don't care because I love my dog and want him back. At the end of the hallway there are two doors. I can here a scratching sound from the one on the left, and a quiet whining sound from the one on the right?

1.) Choose the left door.
2.) Choose the right door.

Yay, I'm finally a published author! Check out my website.
http://www.joshuagrantbooks.com
Mel
Smile for the camera

Post by Mel »

I choose the right door, because I know my dog doesn't scratch when he wants something, he whines. I open the door slowly, so I don't hit him with it. My dog races out of the room, and starts barking and jumping up against the door on the left.

1.) Open the left door after all.
2.) Take your dog back outside, by force if necessary.
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

I open the left door, to curious to just leave. I step in, only to find a long, dark, damp hallway. It looks a bit freaky, but what was that scraching noise?

1.) Go back out the door.
2.) Continue down the hallway.
STRYPER
Gone... but not Forgotten

Post by STRYPER »

I think better of it and decide to close the door and leave. All I care about is that my dog is safe. I think I'll call my neighbor in the morning....

THE END

(there's always a quick cheesy ending this early on ;))
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Perfect man to bare my blame
On the Cross He took my sin
By His death I live again
darcie
darcietastical
darcietastical

Post by darcie »

But then I decide that the book ended way too quickly, so I flip back and choose option #2. Into the hallway, I first come to a red door. It seems like I hear the scratching, but I also hear what seems like the same noise coming from further down the hall. Do I...

1. Investigate the red door?
2. Continue down the hall?
"I know nothing about internet dating sites other than the ToO." - Baragon
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

As I go down the hall, I see a way open door. I see a forest thru it.But I also see a black door, and a ticking noise. Do I....

1. Go into the forest
2. Investigate the black door
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
Abigail
Crazy lil blondie
Crazy lil blondie

Post by Abigail »

I walked through the forest a long time, till I came to a cave and a bridge

1. Do I go in the cave?
2. Do I cross the bridge
^She is back!! In all her glory!^ For real this time! ;)
Movieman
Wants David O Piano
Wants David O Piano

Post by Movieman »

Everyone should be more detailed with their stories, it's not that hard :D . Here's an example...

I decide to enter into the cave. For a few minutes I was walking through complete darkness, but all of the sudden I came to an opening and before me lay a vast underground cavern with people bustling around like they had something important to do.

1.) Stay in the cave and investigate what is going on.
2.) Try and leave the cave unnoticed.

Yay, I'm finally a published author! Check out my website.
http://www.joshuagrantbooks.com
Mel
Smile for the camera

Post by Mel »

I dodge to the side of the entrance into the cavern, hoping no one saw me first. Then I peek around the side of the entrance. But in spite of my caution, I'm seen anyway. One of the men in the cavern starts heading in my direction. "Hey, you!" he calls. "What are you doing here?" His cries alert several others, and they follow him toward me.

1.) Turn and run back
2.) Stay and answer his question.
Candy
CIA is my friend
CIA is my friend

Post by Candy »

I answer him by Saying "Well, I was looking for my dog" He says "I never saw a dog back here! You're lying!" Do I.....

1. Stay and try to explain it to him
2. RUN!
I'd rather live as if there were a God, and found out there isn't, then to live as if there weren't a God, and find out there is.
Image Image
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

Since he saw right through me, I had no choice but to run for it. Men shouted from every angle and I quickly realized that there were many more than I had originally anticipated. Before I could reach the entrance to the cave, two of the biggest men I'd ever seen grabbed me and tied me up. As they led me down a small tunnel off to the side of the cave, I heard one of them mention something about that being a close one. They led me down to a small room with a wooden door and no windows. "This will be your new home for a while. I'm sure someone will find you... one day." Laughing, he slammed the door.

After several hours of sitting in total darkness and hearing nothing but faint distant mechanical hums, I jumped at the sound of a scratching sound.

1. Scream bloody murder and alert your captors of the noise
2. Investigate the noise.
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

You decide not to yell you head off, but instead investigate the strange noise. Upon investigation you find that the noise is coming from the pitch blackness to your right. Using excellent movement you are somehow able to maneuver over that way a bit. Upon getting there you find a saw coming back and forth through a wooden door.

1. You cautiously put the rope in between your bound hands right where the saw blade is hoping to have it cut through your bonds

2. You back away quickly... who knows what kind or creatures are out there!
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

(aww...I love these things!! I was one of the cheaters :- )

you decide to attempt to cut your bonds, but the saw cuts you horribly and you gush blood everywhere in a gory manner and die :(

Just kidding!

You take option number one, and sidle up to the saw, carefully placing yourself so it safely cuts your bonds. your free!! Your eyes have adjusted to the darkness by now, and you see a ladder going downwards...you hear faint screams coming from the pitch blackness below. You also see the door your captors brought you through. Amazingly, you have a hairpin in your pocket and remember watching a MacGyver show where he picked a lock using just such a thing. What do you do?

1. Take the ladder down to the creepy basement-like place?

2. MacGyver it!! \:D/
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
STRYPER

Post by STRYPER »

Christina wrote:you decide to attempt to cut your bonds, but the saw cuts you horribly and you gush blood everywhere in a gory manner and die :(

Just kidding!
No, that's a valid ending. Remember, we need a large variety of bad endings and good endings to go along with the continuation of the story.
The Gospel:
Holy God in love became
Kait
Feminazi Extraordinaire

Post by Kait »

STRYPER wrote:
Christina wrote:you decide to attempt to cut your bonds, but the saw cuts you horribly and you gush blood everywhere in a gory manner and die :(

Just kidding!
No, that's a valid ending. Remember, we need a large variety of bad endings and good endings to go along with the continuation of the story.
I know, but I felt bad ending the story in such a manner :(
"Any aspect of your faith which you do not question, is the one which should be questioned most."
"I totally approve of toddlers getting married." -Continental Admiral (aka Baragon)
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

You decide to attempt picking the lock. After two hours, you discover that the door was never even locked. ](*,) You cautiously open the door...
To your surprise no one is there. You step out and wipe your brow of all the sweat. Suddenly, two men appear. "What're you doing out!"
Do you...
1. Run for your life to who knows where or...
2. Attempt to negotiate with the guards with that candy bar you brought?
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

Thinking that the gaurds may be a bit like Sergeant Schultz, you try and negotiate with them. Unfortunately, for you, you get cast back into the room and are never seen again. :(

Donald Trump happens to get deserted on an uncharted island with no food, water, or contact with the world beyond the little island he is on. He sees smoke coming from the other side of the island.

1. He reaches for his phone to call 9-1-1 (even though he doesn't have a signal on the faraway island)
2. He decides to go see what is happening on the other side or the (what he believes) deserted island.
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

The island heat has affected poor Don's mind, and he reaches for his cell phone. "Hello? 9-1-1?" But he receives no answer. He decides to ignore the smoke and listen to the radio. Once the radio is turned on, he hears, "Alright, der missile is complete, ve will launch it vhen you are ready." Something is interfering with the radio. :-k Does he...
1. Climb a coconut tree to look around, or...
2. Ignore it and go to sleep.
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

Not wanting to do any physical labor whatsoever, he lies down to take a nap in a shady grove of trees. While he is sleeping island natives creep up and start dancing around him.

1. He wakes up and starts shouting at how he will sue them if they even get near him
2. He awakens and runs (as well as he can run) for a nearby cave he saw
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

He awakens and runs (as well as he can run) for a nearby cave he saw.

And I run after im, only to find myslef stuck at a two way cross.

1.) Go left, where you see light
2.) Go right, where you hear footsteps, and a scream