Age of the Empires?

Have you ever heard of it?

This is a place where gamers can come and tell of their favorite games, discuss current games, head up gaming contests, and join in on online games that others are playing. It's a place run by gamers and enjoyed by all types of gamers alike.

Have you ever played it?

Yeah, it's Sweet!
63%
Yes, It's pretty fun.
26%
Yes, but I didn't like it.
No votes
Nope, never.
5%
No, but I want to!!
5%
Never heard of it.
No votes
I like polls.
No votes

Total votes: 19

Epic
Undercover
Undercover

Age of the Empires?

Post by Epic »

Has anyone ever heard of it? Have you ever played it? Which one have you played?

I just got the Age or the Empires 3 a few days ago and it doesn't work on my home computer. :boohoo:
But my dad brought his labtop home yesterday and i got to play it! It was great! But I can't play on it any more until next Monday because my dad's going out of town. ](*,)
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

I do enjoy Age of Empires. You do realize that it is a series? Age of Empires 3 is the one that you mentioned which is drasticly different from 1 and 2.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
Kat
slow thinking occurs
slow thinking occurs

Post by Kat »

I actually enjoy AoE a lot! \:D/ We have AoE, AoE II, and AoE II the Expansion. I always, always play as the Huns. It's just a ritual I have, I suppose. :shrugs:

EDIT: This is my 3,000th post! \:D/
Last edited by Kat on Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*returns*
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Marcia Brady wrote:I actually enjoy AoE a lot! \:D/ We have AoE, AoE II, and AoE II the Expansion. I always, always play as the Huns. It's just a ritual I have, I suppose. :shrugs:
Is it because you don't want to bother with building houses? ;) That is a perk.

I played AOE II with the expansion a few times over five years ago. I thought it was a pretty cool game, but still, I'm no gamer.
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Age of Empires II and its accompanying expansion (The Conquerors) are definitely the best.

If anyone is ever up for match, let me know. O:)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Marcia Brady wrote:I actually enjoy AoE a lot! \:D/ We have AoE, AoE II, and AoE II the Expansion. I always, always play as the Huns. It's just a ritual I have, I suppose. :shrugs:
Whereas I prefer the Mongolians. :p
Trent DeWhite wrote:Age of Empires II and its accompanying expansion (The Conquerors) are definitely the best.

Some of us upgraded to AOE 3 when it came out several years ago. ;)

If you have III we might be able to arrange a match sometime. \:D/
Storm
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Storm »

I really like AoE. It is one of the best PC games out there. Although, I've only had experience with the first one. I still think it is good, and if what you say about the other ones is true, then I think I'll probably get one of them.
Epic
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Epic »

Have you guyes ever played the War Chiefs one? I really want to got that one and I wanted to know if it's any good! :-k
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Chandler wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:Age of Empires II and its accompanying expansion (The Conquerors) are definitely the best.

Some of us upgraded to AOE 3 when it came out several years ago. ;)
There's a reason why I didn't upgrade to AOE 3. ;)
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
Danadelfos
Lounge Fanatic
Lounge Fanatic

Post by Danadelfos »

RegisB wrote:I really like AoE. It is one of the best PC games out there. Although, I've only had experience with the first one. I still think it is good, and if what you say about the other ones is true, then I think I'll probably get one of them.
AOE II is 20x better then the first one. I have both, and I've experienced the massive difference. Even though I tend to play Empire Earth more then AOE.
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. ~ C.S. Lewis
Movieman
Wants David O Piano
Wants David O Piano

Post by Movieman »

I think AOE 3 isn't as good as AOE 2. Sure, it has better graphics, but I think the variety of things to build and the overall gameplay of AOE 2 is far superior.

Oh yeah, and I'm totally up for a match against anyone playing AOE 2 or AOE 3 (I have both). If anyone wants to *cough*lose miserably*cough* let me know. I also play Rise Of Nations, if anyone plays that too.

Yay, I'm finally a published author! Check out my website.
http://www.joshuagrantbooks.com
querida
I've been here a bit

Post by querida »

Yeah, I thick the graphics for AOE3 are way better but I didn't like the game as much as AOE2. I like how in AOE 2 you can play as the Chinese of the Persians or the Vikings and you aren't just on the New World.
maybe its not the destination, maybe it's the journey

<3 Dasey <3
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

My bootleg copy of AoE3 has yet to work...but I am soon going to actually buy the game (since it is one of the few non-addicting *coughWoWcough* mac games out there)
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I've somehow managed to never play that serious... though I am eagerly awaiting the recently released Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3, which is sort of, vaguely, the same thing... ;)
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

epic123 wrote:Have you guyes ever played the War Chiefs one? I really want to got that one and I wanted to know if it's any good! :-k
I own both War Chiefs and Asian Dynasties and I'd have to say that I prefer the latter. But owning both is better! \:D/
Epic
Undercover
Undercover

Post by Epic »

Chandler wrote:
epic123 wrote:Have you guyes ever played the War Chiefs one? I really want to got that one and I wanted to know if it's any good! :-k
I own both War Chiefs and Asian Dynasties and I'd have to say that I prefer the latter. But owning both is better! \:D/
Cool! I really like history about Indians so I thought it would be cool to get it some day. :-k
Do you play as the Indians or somone else?
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

epic123 wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Cool! I really like history about Indians so I thought it would be cool to get it some day. :-k
Do you play as the Indians or somone else?
Do you mean the Asian Dynasties Indians (from India)? :) I don't play as just one team. The War Chiefs contains 3 Native-American teams—Aztecs, Iroquois, and Sioux.
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

Yeah, I play Age of Empires III, and I think it's awesome! \:D/
The Top Crusader wrote:I've somehow managed to never play that serious... though I am eagerly awaiting the recently released Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3, which is sort of, vaguely, the same thing... ;)
Red Alert 3?! :dumb:

*goes to find out more about this*
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
Movieman
Wants David O Piano
Wants David O Piano

Post by Movieman »

The Top Crusader wrote:I've somehow managed to never play that serious... though I am eagerly awaiting the recently released Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3, which is sort of, vaguely, the same thing... ;)
That game is cool, but I definitely prefer the Age Of Empires series :D .

Yay, I'm finally a published author! Check out my website.
http://www.joshuagrantbooks.com
Kairi
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Kairi »

I've never played Age of Empire, but I've played Star Wars: Galatic Battlegrounds a lot, which is supposed to be like it, I guess. :anxious:
*CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW*