The Hannah Montana/ Miley Cyrus No like CluB!!

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.

Do you not like hannah montana/ miley cyrus?

Yes!
40%
No!
31%
Wait... What?
5%
The Top Crusader Option!
24%

Total votes: 42

Fei
I'm in Odyssey time

Post by Fei »

elizabeth wrote:
Fei wrote:I have actually made a parody titled "The 7 Things I Hate About Miley"

xD

what are those seven thing??
*cough* Weeell... :anxious:
underdogfan710
Pilgrim

Post by underdogfan710 »

Okay, let me say this:

I hate Hannah Montana, the TV show.

I hate all the advertisements and merchandise for Hannah Montana.

I hate the way they've turned her into a product.

I do not, however, hate Miley Cyrus, the person. (Good grief - I don't even know her!) I certainly don't wish harm and/or death on her. I'm praying that she doesn't turn into Britney Spears or Lindsay Lohan.

Maybe you should be, too.
God promises a safe landing, not smooth passage.

:shocking: + :jester: = :mad:
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

I absolutely HATE Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus!!! You can hear all the girls saying "But she's a great role modle for girls! She a Christian...yada yada yada. I think she might turn out like a Brittney Spears instead :sick:
Sweetie
Found

Post by Sweetie »

Yeah..it really gets on my nerves to see little girls want to be like Hannah Montana..and all of her stuff she sells is so anoying!Hannah Montanta clothes,school stuff,bed covers,pillows,sheets,EVERYWHERE you look it's Hannah Montana ](*,) It was like this with Hilary duff a while back but not as much..and she is abetter person to look up to..I think anyway.
Now it's too late for you and your white horse to come around....
KrisAnna
Gold Member

Post by KrisAnna »

Termite wrote:Oo! Oo! I does not like Hannah Montana or Miley Cyrus... what is the point? Her songs are pointless. The TV show is also pointless. Why doesn't she sing Christian songs? Is she afraid of losing her popularity? So what if she does? Does it matter that much? She's way too young to have that much money! Little girls are all going "I WANNA BE LIKE HANNAH MONTANA!!!" Why? Because she's famous? Her voice is annoying! They need to smooth out the accent on the CDs. I realize in concert that it's not possible, but it is for her recordings. If anything she could be donating a lot of her money to different things, like the cure for diabetes, breast cancer, and other things like that. Does she? I don't think so. Correct me if I'm wrong. She should if she doesn't. And she could fill tons of shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child.

*pants*

:soapbox:
I completly agree! Her voice is horrible! I'm not even sure if they can do anything else to/for it (her) sound better. As far as I know they already have everything on it! Yes, she should donate her money to help find a cure for diabetes! :yes:
Paul Ericson is cooler than all three Jonas Brothers put together
Fang-wa
Avian American
Avian American

Post by Fang-wa »

KrisAnna wrote:
Termite wrote:Oo! Oo! I does not like Hannah Montana or Miley Cyrus... what is the point? Her songs are pointless. The TV show is also pointless. Why doesn't she sing Christian songs? Is she afraid of losing her popularity? So what if she does? Does it matter that much? She's way too young to have that much money! Little girls are all going "I WANNA BE LIKE HANNAH MONTANA!!!" Why? Because she's famous? Her voice is annoying! They need to smooth out the accent on the CDs. I realize in concert that it's not possible, but it is for her recordings. If anything she could be donating a lot of her money to different things, like the cure for diabetes, breast cancer, and other things like that. Does she? I don't think so. Correct me if I'm wrong. She should if she doesn't. And she could fill tons of shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child.

*pants*

I completly agree! Her voice is horrible! I'm not even sure if they can do anything else to/for it (her) sound better. As far as I know they already have everything on it! Yes, she should donate her money to help find a cure for diabetes! :yes:
I haven't heard much of her singing, but I doubt half of America cares if her voice sounds terrible, as you may have noticed. :) What'd be awesome is if she gained tons of popularity and then converted to Christianity and told everyone how great God is. Most of American girls would take notice big-time.
KrisAnna
Gold Member

Post by KrisAnna »

Fang wrote:
KrisAnna wrote:

*pants*

I haven't heard much of her singing, but I doubt half of America cares if her voice sounds terrible, as you may have noticed. :) What'd be awesome is if she gained tons of popularity and then converted to Christianity and told everyone how great God is. Most of American girls would take notice big-time.
My 7 yr old sister has 2 HM/MC cd's ](*,) She listens to it all the time ](*,) Haha!

And that would be totally awesome!
Paul Ericson is cooler than all three Jonas Brothers put together
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

I don't hate her. I don't really listen to her - to be honest I've never actually heard any of her songs - and I don't really care to start listening to her.
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

I always roll my eyes at all the Hannah Montana stuff in stores and groan when I hear girls talking about how awesome she is...but I never heard a song of hers until recently, and I was shocked at how suggestive the lyrics were and the way she was dressed and just the whole attitude of it...and that people actually like it.
The good ol' ToO.
stingcameron
Popsicle kid

Post by stingcameron »

I don't don't like HM/MC. She's too young to have that much money and fame. She acts like she the "Pop Queen." My take on this is that I'm joining the No Like Club.
There is a ToO Conspiracy going on. Go to City Hall and read about it before it's deleted, and help discover the truth.
Over the Rainbow
Blissfully Oblivious

Post by Over the Rainbow »

I used to not care. I saw her TV shows in 5th grade, I thought it cute and silly and a nice little show for kids. But there are WAY too many products and merchandise with Hannah's/Miley's face on it. And millions of girls look up to her. I'll never understand why. I ask some girls and get reactions like: "Oh! She's pretty!" or "Her voice is verrrrryyy good! I luv her!" which btw, her voice isn't good at all and it's totally edited in my opinion. :noway:

When I was a child, I looked up to Disney's Belle, Pochontas and Ariel. And I admired Rosa Parks and Geroge Washington.

It's obvious she's conceited and arragont and she does think she is a "Pop Queen". I have no hope for the next generation if they look up to girls like Miley/Hannah.
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by xiao »

miley cyrus sucks
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Xiao, first with the Jonas Brothers, and now this.

:inlove: You are now my new best friend.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

....noone cared to crack on the topic title? I mean seriously guys...c'mon.

no like club? what?
xiao

Post by xiao »

Termite wrote:Xiao, first with the Jonas Brothers, and now this.

:inlove: You are now my new best friend.
i love you too.
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru
Lord Sesshoumaru

Post by Lord Sesshoumaru »

underdogfan710 wrote:I do not, however, hate Miley Cyrus, the person. (Good grief - I don't even know her!) I certainly don't wish harm and/or death on her. I'm praying that she doesn't turn into Britney Spears or Lindsay Lohan.

I think that Underdog's point here is most valid. and it should be the same reguardless of who it is. We as Christians are called to love people, now you dont have to like them but shouldnt you at lest get to know someone before you simply say you dont like them?

now I'll admit that I'm not her biggest fan but I would rather get to know someone and then decide I dont like them then to not like them just because of what is in the media.
xiao

Post by xiao »

Lord Sesshoumaru wrote:
underdogfan710 wrote:I do not, however, hate Miley Cyrus, the person. (Good grief - I don't even know her!) I certainly don't wish harm and/or death on her. I'm praying that she doesn't turn into Britney Spears or Lindsay Lohan.

I think that Underdog's point here is most valid. and it should be the same reguardless of who it is. We as Christians are called to love people, now you dont have to like them but shouldnt you at lest get to know someone before you simply say you dont like them?

now I'll admit that I'm not her biggest fan but I would rather get to know someone and then decide I dont like them then to not like them just because of what is in the media.
I do, however, hate Miley Crus, the person. (Good grief - I don't even need to know her!) I certainly wish harm and/or death on her. I'm praying that she turns into Britney Spears or Linsay Lohan.

I think that Xiao's point here is most valid. and it should be the same reguardless of who it is. We as Christians are called to hate Miley Cyrus, now you dont have to like them but shouldnt you at lest get to know someone before you simply say you dont like them? no. no you shouldn't.

now I'll admit that I'm not her biggest fan because she sucks, but i would rather get to know someone who sucks then to not like them just because they suck.
Raskolnikov
Still standing tall

Post by Raskolnikov »

What xiao said... I think.

I've never actually heard any of her songs because I don't really care that much... But for her sake, I just hope she doesn't turn into Brittany Spears II.

I think it's weird to make a "no like club" for an individual just because they're famous, or they're "arrogant" (you have to remember, it's a SHOW), or you don't like the product they sell. Did she personally harm or wrong anyone here? I'm assuming no. She's a person just as much as you and I, and were she to meet some of the people posting on this board in real life, I'm almost positive she'd show more grace to them than they are currently showing to her.
"Christ died to make men holy, let us die to make men free" -Battle Hymn of the Republic
"What we do in life, echos in eternity." -Maximus in Gladiator
>John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.<
How dare I call this love and not bear my cross to the end.
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

Raskolnikov wrote:Did she personally harm or wrong anyone here?
Miley Cyrus... killed my father.
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
Raskolnikov
Still standing tall

Post by Raskolnikov »

Pseudonym wrote:
Raskolnikov wrote:Did she personally harm or wrong anyone here?
Miley Cyrus... killed my father. Prepare to die.
Ok, that's legit. Pseudonym, you're excused.

Anyone else?
"Christ died to make men holy, let us die to make men free" -Battle Hymn of the Republic
"What we do in life, echos in eternity." -Maximus in Gladiator
>John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.<
How dare I call this love and not bear my cross to the end.