What do Barack Obama and Osama bin Laden have in common?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

If I support someone's choice to murder, I'm supporting murder. ;)
The Artful Dodger
Still standing tall

Post by The Artful Dodger »

JED wrote:pro choice means that you support people having the right to CHOOSE to have abortion, pro abortion means that you SUPPORT ABORTION.
When you have the ability to effect laws and stuff, like Obama does (even though he mostly voted "present") that's a pretty big responsibility. It's not like it's just his opinion. So he's supporting laws that make it legal to murder babies. You can say you support "choice", but remember what it's a choice to do. In his speech at the democratic convention he said something pretty close to "If one of my daughters makes a mistake when they're young, I don't want them to have to pay for it for the rest of their life." talking about abortion. He's supporting the choice to have an abortion. It should never be ok to kill the baby, unless the mother's life is really at risk, but that's hardly ever the case. By supporting "choice", he's supporting abortion.

Why aren't there "pro choice" people for various other crimes? I support people being able to CHOOSE to commit murder, to steal, to commit treason, etc. I just don't support making that stuff legal. ;)

Edit: *sigh* there. Two people went and put it quite concisely before I could press "submit".

Didn't we have some fun, though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said, 'goodbye.' And you were like, 'no, wait.' And then I was all, 'we pretended we were going to murder you.' That was great...
Jeremy
Smile for the camera

Post by Jeremy »

JED wrote:
KODY 105 wrote:
JED wrote:That was some editing. You took some of the things Obama said and edited it to a clip. I heard that from the debate but he also said that McCAin ACCUSED him of doing it so I really don't appreciate you doing that.
You have to realize that anyone and everone will edit things to show his viewpoint. Don't take it personally, JED. If you want, edit clips to show your point of view.
I know but that is LYING. Barack Obama was saying something different than what J was saying that he said. I understand what you are saying but there is a difference between editing and lying.
Uh, duh, of course it was taken out of context. :roll: ;)

(And neither clip was from the debate. The latter clip was from an ABC interview with Charlie Gibson.)

In order to get Obama to tell the truth, you have to take clips out of context! \:D/

For example, here's a clip from the final debate: obama2.mp3

(BTW, you can just tell he's lying if you watch the clip of that response of his in the debate, and you can also see how shocked/disappointed/disgusted McCain was at Obama lying about it.)

Jeremy
JED
Love to love

Post by JED »

No not actually and McCain has a tendency to look shock and disgusted just because a candidate looks irritated doesn't mean that Obama is lying.
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

They both want to destroy America??? Or there both #1 on my Halloween dressup list. LOL.
I do what I do.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yesterday some Union members were marching around town with McCain masks and black cloaks and scythes! \:D/

I want to go out in an Obama mask and cloak and have a doll baby impaled on a stick or something but I don't think I'll get around to it. :(
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

The Top Crusader wrote:I want to go out in an Obama mask and cloak and have a doll baby impaled on a stick or something but I don't think I'll get around to it. :(
:rofl2:

:hilarious:

That's funny only because it is an accurate representation...
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

And this is where I come in and point out that a mother's life shouldn't take president over a baby's life. The baby will live longer that the mother, anyway. She got her chance; let the baby have its.

And then *this* is where I go hide. :anxious:
don't forget the rain.
Hannahjiejie
Animatronic

Post by Hannahjiejie »

^Right.

And of course now someone is going to point out "what if both of them will die..."

*waits for it.*

Oh, and Top, if you do go out like that, you must post pictures! :D
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

Stubborn wrote:And this is where I come in and point out that a mother's life shouldn't take president over a baby's life. The baby will live longer that the mother, anyway. She got her chance; let the baby have its.

And then *this* is where I go hide. :anxious:
Hannahjiejie wrote:^Right.

And of course now someone is going to point out "what if both of them will die..."

*waits for it.*

Oh, and Top, if you do go out like that, you must post pictures! :D

I concur most heartily with both of these brilliant individuals.
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Hannahjiejie
Animatronic

Post by Hannahjiejie »

...and if someone had mentioned
...but what if both the mother and the child will die?
My response would be, and it just popped in my head a few minutes ago:

God is a providential God, and everything that happens is under his control. When a person is ill, to the point of death, it is God's will. God has a plan, and when someone dies, it is part of his plan.

If a woman is going to die in childbirth, it is part of God's providential plan.

If a child is going to die in childbirth, it is part of God's providential plan.

If a doctor kills a child, it is murder, and though God may use it for good, I doubt that is was part of his plan. In the end, though,
...we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

KODY 105 wrote:....
I concur most heartily with both of these brilliant individuals.
Suck up. :noway:

j/k. \:D/
don't forget the rain.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

*coughs* I couldn't watch that clip that Jeremy posted, so I don't know if it was taken from this, but.... Clicca qui

Oh, and I have to nicely disagree that God's plan would include a baby or mother dying during childbirth... Psalms 90:10 :)
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

abortion is wrong, period. it's murder and the Bible says not to murder.
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
JED
Love to love

Post by JED »

I know abortion is wrong but we don't have the right to force our beliefs on others. How would you feel if somebody felt that being white was wrong so they called all white people?
Hannahjiejie
Animatronic

Post by Hannahjiejie »

The point I was trying to make, and of course it will be misinterpreted however I say it, is that when a child, or infant dies, yes it is a horrible thing, a travesty in fact, but happens. It is horrible. It is awful. But children die all the time. I'm not trying to make light of the fact, but it does happen.

If a child dies it is awful, but if someone kills a child - there are no words to express how horrific that is.

Women die. Children die. That does happen. But for a human being to be killed so that one can live is not justice, and it is not fairness.

Does that make more sense?
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

I'm not forcing my belief onto anybody. I am simply stating the truth.
(and actually, around here if you're a white male you really aren't allowed to say anything against the Hispanics or you'll be "prejudice")

that makes sense. God is in control - let Him be the one in charge, not us.
Last edited by StrongNChrist on Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

JED wrote:I know abortion is wrong but we don't have the right to force our beliefs on others. How would you feel if somebody felt that being white was wrong so they called all white people?
But being white isn't wrong. At least it wasn't the last time I checked.
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
JED
Love to love

Post by JED »

That is the same thing they said for black people. Being black isn't wrong but awhile ago it was wrong. Some christians thought being black was wrong and they implemented that into law and look how THAT turned out. slavery, lyncing, other things like that.

Same thing for abortion you shouldnt force your will or beliefs on other people...
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

JED wrote:That is the same thing they said for black people. Being black isn't wrong but awhile ago it was wrong. Some christians thought being black was wrong and they implemented that into law and look how THAT turned out. slavery, lyncing, other things like that.

Same thing for abortion you shouldnt force your will or beliefs on other people...
There is a difference between something that is wrong and something that is not wrong, and they cannot be compared. :anxious:
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.