Family Force 5

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Family Force 5

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

I would like to know how many of you people out there listen to this band. Personaly, I don't like their style, I'm more of a Bon Jovi person.

I also would like to know why people consider them a "Christian" band? I haven't seen anything about them that's Christian. Of course I've only seen the love addict song, so ya.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
mydoghasfleas
Processing
Location: im all in your head....heh.heh.heh, okay, fine FDL ,WI

Post by mydoghasfleas »

i like their style, i don't know why though. ive only heard 4 of their songs, but i find symbolism in their music.
your mom's so old when you tell her to act her age,

she turns to dust.
JD
Cheese Wiz Rules
Cheese Wiz Rules
Location: That white van right outside your house. Watching your every move. There's a camera behind you

Post by JD »

I love their music, I wouldn't really call them a Christian band but it isn't bad music.
Save Eugene in the character competition!
The Artful Dodger
Still standing tall

Post by The Artful Dodger »

JJJJ wrote:I also would like to know why people consider them a "Christian" band? I haven't seen anything about them that's Christian. Of course I've only seen the love addict song, so ya.
Well, come on. You can't judge their style and spiritual content by one song. Like, their first CD is rather different from their second.

As for being "christian," all of the band members are Christians. And yes, they do write goofy dance/party music. But that's ok. And they also write Jesus music. "Face Down," "Peachy," "D-I-E 4 Y-O-U," "Radiator," etc.. though I'll admit that sometimes you do have to know the stories and intentions behind the songs.

But yeah, I love Family Force 5. Their style and energy and vocals and craziness and all the guys in the band. In general, they are one of my favorites. \:D/

Didn't we have some fun, though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said, 'goodbye.' And you were like, 'no, wait.' And then I was all, 'we pretended we were going to murder you.' That was great...
Jugglah
I'm memorable

Post by Jugglah »

I love FF5. And they all definitely are Christians. But just because you're a Christian doesn't mean you have to perform explicitly Christian music all the time. Not every artist is called to be a straight up worship leader like Chris Tomlin, etc. And bands like Family Force 5 can have more of a positive impact on non-Christians than worship leaders because they speak the same language. If bands like that live their lives in a way that's pleasing to the Lord, then they're being a "Christian band" by their example.
KING BUTTER TURTLE IS MY TWIN!
Guess Who!
I'm memorable

Post by Guess Who! »

I would never in a million years have guessed ff5 was a Christian band. Then again, I've only heard about 10 of their songs 2-3 times each. I liked them but not enough to add to my collection of music...
JD
Cheese Wiz Rules
Cheese Wiz Rules
Location: That white van right outside your house. Watching your every move. There's a camera behind you

Post by JD »

I only have 1 album of them and that is the on with "Drama Queen", "Supersonic", "Kountry Gentlemen", "Luv Addict", "Cadillac Phunque", and "Earthquake" so that's why I like them so much
Save Eugene in the character competition!
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

Lol. FF5 is like metal/rock/punk/crunk/rap/hip-hop/techno/dance. They're cool. My favorite song is Replace Me. For those wondering how "Christian" they are, Replace Me is a very Christian song.
jasonjannajerryjohn
I revere the admins
I revere the admins

Post by jasonjannajerryjohn »

I don't really care if FF5 is a Christian band or not. I was just wondering why people say they are.
FF5 is like metal/rock/punk/crunk/rap/hip-hop/techno/dance.
Yes indeed, I'd rather just have rock by itself without all the others :D.
Peri: Do you mean the TARDIS is malfunctioning again?
The Doctor: Malfunctioning? [pause] Malfunctioning? MALFUNCTIONING!?
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Elrohir wrote:Lol. FF5 is like metal/rock/punk/crunk/rap/hip-hop/techno/dance.
:hilarious:

So true..

It's funny, I was just going to listen to them when I saw this topic. So, yeah, I like most of their stuff.
...I hate marquees.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Eh the only song I ever heard by then was on the tribute CD of DC Talk stuff... I forget what song they did off the top of my head. I wasn't overly impressed by it but I may like their other stuff better if I ever listen to it. \:D/
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

*takes a deep breath*

FAMILY FORCE 5!!!!!

*coughs* I'm good.

Yes, they are Christian. You have to go behind the songs, to interviews on Jesus Freak Hideout, to concert reviews where they take the time (in a more club-ish area) to share about their faith and how it is the base of their music, etc. They use the rest of their songs as a way to reach the rest of the teenage world. Kids will hear songs like "Kountry Gentleman", say "This is cool!", and then learn more, like what makes them (FF5) tick.
Oh, and the more "Christian" songs, as you peoples say that I know of are...(there might be more...)
Replace Me, Radiator, Supersonic, Love Addict, Never Let Me Go, I Love You To Death, How in the World, D-I-E 4 Y-O-U(itsa martyr song!), Face Down, Dance or Die, Fever(catching a fever from the Holy Spirit), and Wake the Dead(waking up dead music, politics, and spirituality.)

"Love Addict" is one of their better songs.
What I've got in my soul gives me the highest delight. Yeah, it's better than drugs; in fact it's sent from above!
Ok, so their music videos are very disturbing. Oh well. They're entitled to having some fun, even if their idea of fun is kinda screwy.

Oh, and for those that didn't know, Soul Glow Activator got married and has a son named Cash! \:D/ I don't know when he got married, but Cash is about 17-20 months. He married the girl with the brown hair and thick head-band from the Love Addict music video. :D Go Soli!

EDIT: Haha. Whoops... completely forgot about them! Poor guys. Well, they don't scream, so it's not my fault. :noway:
Last edited by Termite on Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
The Artful Dodger
Still standing tall

Crouton, Chappy, and Xanadu got married too. And Xanadu has a kid.

Really Real Shows are the best! \:D/

And they did Mind's Eye by DC Talk.

Didn't we have some fun, though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said, 'goodbye.' And you were like, 'no, wait.' And then I was all, 'we pretended we were going to murder you.' That was great...
BrokenButBeautiful
Certified Theatre Geek
Certified Theatre Geek

Post by BrokenButBeautiful »

I kinda like them. And it's KrisAnna and Kaka's fault! But whatever...lol.

I'm finally admitting to liking them..lol. I like Replace Me, I Love You to Death, Love Addict, and Radiator the best..

<3<3<3
BBB
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

The Top Crusader wrote:Eh the only song I ever heard by then was on the tribute CD of DC Talk stuff... I forget what song they did off the top of my head. I wasn't overly impressed by it but I may like their other stuff better if I ever listen to it. \:D/
That was a cover of Mind's Eye. It wasn't that good compared to their normal stuff.
Aeva
Pretzel
Pretzel

Post by Aeva »

I love FF5... thanks to Kaka. :xx: :tongue2:

"Wake the Dead" is my favorite song.
But break my heart, for I must hold my tongue. --Hamlet.
StrongNChrist ~ Remembered Forever <3
Men who kill without reason cannot be reasoned with. --Stoic the Vast
Let's go down together for one more chance. The skeletons are screaming for one last dance. --Hawthorne Heights
Tell 'em turn it up 'til they can't no more. Let's get this thing shakin' like a disco ball. This is your last warning, a courtesy call. --TFK
You have nice manners for a thief and a liar. --Smaug
I know you mean well, but leave me be. Yes, I'm alone, but I'm alone and free. --Elsa
Frank
Little Old Bird Woman
Location: Second star on the right and straight on 'till morning!

Post by Frank »

I love FF5. My brothers and I were almost going to dress up like them for Halloween, but we couldn't get ahold of enough cool clothing. :sad:
The Artful Dodger
Still standing tall

Frank wrote:I love FF5. My brothers and I were almost going to dress up like them for Halloween, but we couldn't get ahold of enough cool clothing. :sad:
Hahaha! Wow, that would be sooo cool. If you ever do..you must post pics. \:D/

Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I haven't heard a whole bunch of their stuff. But I really like Dance or Die.
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Raskolnikov
Still standing tall

Post by Raskolnikov »

Frank wrote:I love FF5. My brothers and I were almost going to dress up like them for Halloween, but we couldn't get ahold of enough cool clothing. :sad:
All you have to do is find ridiculously tight jeans, huge sunglasses, a shiny jacket, a couple of hulk fists, maybe a headband... and wear copious amounts of hair gel.

But yeah, FF5 is alright. Don't really listen to 'em much though.
"Christ died to make men holy, let us die to make men free" -Battle Hymn of the Republic
"What we do in life, echos in eternity." -Maximus in Gladiator
>John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.<
How dare I call this love and not bear my cross to the end.