Lack of respect for our leaders!

Barack Obama, specifically.

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
love.like.rain
Found

Lack of respect for our leaders!

Post by love.like.rain »

I've been greatly bothered by the lack of respect for our president lately. In schools, online, and even in church I have found people treating Barack Obama with huge amounts of disrespect! It disgusts me. My parents have raised me to respect others, and especially our leaders. I'm not saying we need to agree with his values, share his beliefs, or even like him. All I'm saying is that he is our country's leader and that we need to show a little more respect for him and the position he holds. Do you agree? Disagree?
"Love like rain fall down, love like arms surround. Hold the universe in place, hold my heart in your embrace." -Daniel Doss Band, Love Like Rain

In memory of B. Blackwell. You are loved and missed.
GlennAdams
Expecting a battle

Post by GlennAdams »

I definitely agree that we should respect him simply because he is our leader.... Even though I'm not his number one fan, I do. \:D/
I do what I do.
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeah. Republicans didn't like the way a good deal of democrats treated George W. Bush, they should prove themselves better in this instance.
Johnny
Local Conspiracy theorist

Post by Johnny »

I most definitely agree. \:D/ I didn't appreciate it when Democrats made bad jokes about Bush and I don't appreciate it when people I know make jokes about Barack Obama.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

I always feel really bad for celebrities and politicians because people always make fun of them and insult them without being criticized; if you insult a peer you get into trouble, but if you bash a famous person people usually join in. :noway: It seems a little cruel, in my opinion.
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

He's not my leader, but I still think that it's fine to disagree with him but you do still have to show respect to him. But when you are in politics and stuff, or a celebrity it's a given that you'll get made fun of. It's not nice, but you have to sort of accept it, you don't have to go along with it, but it's pretty much a fact.
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

Anna><> wrote:He's not my leader, but I still think that it's fine to disagree with him but you do still have to show respect to him. But when you are in politics and stuff, or a celebrity it's a given that you'll get made fun of. It's not nice, but you have to sort of accept it, you don't have to go along with it, but it's pretty much a fact.
If your American he's your leader trust me I don't like it anymore then you do but you can't deny it.

Anyone up for a theocracy? :D
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

guest wrote:
Anna><> wrote:He's not my leader, but I still think that it's fine to disagree with him but you do still have to show respect to him. But when you are in politics and stuff, or a celebrity it's a given that you'll get made fun of. It's not nice, but you have to sort of accept it, you don't have to go along with it, but it's pretty much a fact.
If your American he's your leader trust me I don't like it anymore then you do but you can't deny it.

I'm not American. \:D/ So I can deny the fact that he's my leader.

I'm up for theocracy! :D
Last edited by Anna><> on Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

Anna><> wrote:
guest wrote:

I'm not American. \:D/ So I can deny the fact that he's not my leader.

Oh

Sorry

:anxious:

It didn't work out to well with the Israelite, they still wouldn't listen to God. I just think we need to hurry up and get rescued by the Second Coming.
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

Anna><> wrote:I'm not American. \:D/ So I can deny the fact that he's not my leader.

You can deny the fact that he's not your leader all you want, my dear, but you'll never get nowhere. :(

You may, however, deny that he is your leader, and then many other Canadians can join in. \:D/
don't forget the rain.
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

Define "respect." O:)
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

Stubborn wrote:
Anna><> wrote:I'm not American. \:D/ So I can deny the fact that he's not my leader.

You can deny the fact that he's not your leader all you want, my dear, but you'll never get nowhere. :(

You may, however, deny that he is your leader, and then many other Canadians can join in. \:D/
Yeah... haha. Well I guess I worded that wrong. :-# xD

I'm only half Canadian so when I want to be anti-Canada I can be. That makes me wishy washy according to my brother. He thinks I have no loyalty to anything. Canada burned the white house once. By respecting Obama do you mean to say we shouldn't burn it again?

I think personally that Obama sometimes deserves to be made fun of... who really cares that he has a dog? He's there for the show not to run the country of USA.
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

Anna><> wrote:
Stubborn wrote:

I'm only half Canadian so when I want to be anti-Canada I can be. That makes me wishy washy according to my brother. He thinks I have no loyalty to anything.
You should hear my family. \:D/

When Mexico does something dense, we're all for America. When America does something stupid (which is seeming to happen more and more, lately. :-k (see what I mean?)), we're all for how amazing Mexico is. It's pretty messed up. \:D/
don't forget the rain.
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

Stubborn wrote:
Anna><> wrote:
Stubborn wrote:

I'm only half Canadian so when I want to be anti-Canada I can be. That makes me wishy washy according to my brother. He thinks I have no loyalty to anything.
You should hear my family. \:D/

When Mexico does something dense, we're all for America. When America does something stupid (which is seeming to happen more and more, lately. :-k (see what I mean?)), we're all for how amazing Mexico is. It's pretty messed up. \:D/
Mexico, USA and Canada all have swine flu, but there are no cases in Argentina!

Well I think we should respect them, but I have nothing against joking and making fun of them sometimes. It's not like it'll hurt them ever really.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

He won the election so 51% or more of voting Americans must respect him.
xiao
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by xiao »

John McCain was a blabbering idiot and Obama is ridiculously idolized.

Nevertheless I have the upmost respect for him as our president and anyone who doesn't shouldn't call themselves an American.
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

xiao wrote:John McCain was a blabbering idiot...
I thought it was that Joe Biden guy who talked too much. :-k

I've probably just got my names mixed up, though. \:D/
don't forget the rain.
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

It's sometimes hard to respect someone who seems to go against everything you believe in (Not to mention some of the stuff going on. Did you hear about the AF1 clone plane that flew over NY?)

That being said, I realize he is our leader, which demands a certain amount of respect. Being respectful doesn't take away my right to be critical of what he's doing. Respectful disagreement, eh?
...I hate marquees.
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

xiao wrote:John McCain was a blabbering idiot and Obama is ridiculously idolized.

Nevertheless I have the upmost respect for him as our president and anyone who doesn't shouldn't call themselves an American.
I supported neither :noway:

RON PAUL FOR THE WIN! Everybody thought I was stupid but still..

Anyway Joe Biden talked alot as well but I wouldn't say a blabbering idiot.. more like a blabbering hotshot
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

love.like.rain wrote:I've been greatly bothered by the lack of respect for our president lately. In schools, online, and even in church I have found people treating Barack Obama with huge amounts of disrespect! It disgusts me. My parents have raised me to respect others, and especially our leaders. I'm not saying we need to agree with his values, share his beliefs, or even like him. All I'm saying is that he is our country's leader and that we need to show a little more respect for him and the position he holds. Do you agree? Disagree?
You are correct. :yes: I try to remember to show that respect by calling him President Obama when referring to him.

Looking at it from an historical perspective, disrespecting of American presidents by the "other party" has been going on for nearly as long as we've been electing them. That doesn't make it right and, like Top said, hopefully Christians (particularly Repulican ones) can rise above the pettiness and not feel a need to "get them back" after President Bush was treated disrespectfully.