Michael Tait - with the Newsboys!?

It's true!

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
Taq
A great mapmaker

Michael Tait - with the Newsboys!?

Post by Taq »

I saw Tait with the Newsboys on a Christian music site, and Danielle Abigail Maxwell just reminded me about this in her post in the TobyMac topic. Wikipedia tells me this switch just occurred 2 months ago in March.

What does everyone think?
Shadowfax

Post by Shadowfax »

I'm so devastated, man! At least Peter Furler is still doing the CD's, though. :yes:
But the question that has been haunting me for two months: Why did they pick Tait? :-k
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Peter picked him. Here's his personal reason for it.

And a man at my church (whose wife worked with the local radio station) didn't think Peter was doing CDs. It says so on JFH, but I'm not quite sure anymore... :-k
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
redrose
Processing

Post by redrose »

I can't imagine what it will be like with Tait. Peter Furler was only going to do In the Hands of God and make surprise appearances concerts. After that Tait will be the lead singer for everything.
At least that was what I heard.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

My family (sans me) went to a Newsboys concert right after they'd made the switch. With all of them being long-time Newsboys fans, they were a bit wary about the change, but by the end of the night they decided that Michael Tait had pulled it off well. He apparently had a lot of on-stage charisma in his favor, if I'm remembering correctly...

As far as my opinion, it does seem like an unusual match, but the jury's still out until I hear the new music featuring Tait.
Elrohir
I'm memorable

Post by Elrohir »

I was pretty sure that Peter was still producing. I'm curious as to why they didn't get one of the other band members to "step up to the microphone", but I still wanna hear what they sound like when they start recording with Tait.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Eh. I heard him (Tait) singing to an acoustic version of "Something Beautiful", and it sounded... wrong. :anxious: BBB and KrisAnna didn't like hearing him live, also, so... :-k
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

I was never really a Newsboys fan... but I am a huge DC Talk fan and I always liked Tait the best of their solo projects... so this is cool for me at least. \:D/
BrokenButBeautiful
Certified Theatre Geek
Certified Theatre Geek

Post by BrokenButBeautiful »

Sergeant Schultz wrote:Eh. I heard him (Tait) singing to an acoustic version of "Something Beautiful", and it sounded... wrong. :anxious: BBB and KrisAnna didn't like hearing him live, also, so... :-k
Yeah, Newsboys were at Aquire the Fire shortly after Tait joined and me and KrisAnna were there.

I'm not going to say it was bad, it was just really strange...

<3<3<3
BBB