Minesweeper

You know, that clickety-clickety game

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

My sister's records stand at 2 for Beginner (sheer luck, she admits), 43 for Intermediate, and 140 for Advanced.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

I've never been good at it.
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

I used to play it frequently, but haven't even touched it in the last couple of years. My scores were never anything to speak of, but I finally managed to get pretty good at it.
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

Yes, even I will admite the game is somewhat silly, but there *is* some strategy involved; beyond for the first few clicks, beginner and intermediate are almost always solvable with no further guessing. Expert, however, involves a just little more guessing. There are repeating patterns and also more bits of strategy I employ. I'd love to discuss it via PM with someone sometime! :D

My records:
Beginner- 2 (Luck, of course)
Intermediate- 24
Expert- 87

I was promptly humbled, though, after a simple googling for minesweeper records. The best in the world are 1 for beginner, 10 for intermediate, and 41 for expert. :shock:
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

Itaque wrote: I was promptly humbled, though, after a simple googling for minesweeper records. The best in the world are 1 for beginner, 10 for intermediate, and 41 for expert. :shock:
41 for expert???? Oh my goodness! That's insane!!! And to think, that's my record for intermediate... :anxious:
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Trent DeWhite wrote:My sister's records stand at 2 for Beginner (sheer luck, she admits), 43 for Intermediate, and 140 for Advanced.
I was playing that just today. :anxious: (First time in months, really!) I got a 10 in the Beginner and was feeling pretty good about myself. :noway:
My Intermediate was probably in the 100-something range and I couldn't pass Advanced at all. :mecry: I was right near the end and my mouse slipped! :-$ :- :anxious:
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

AIOfan11 wrote:I don't really care for the game. It is kind of boring. There doesn't seem to be any strategy.
The strategy is not to hit the bombs!! Try it now-the game should be more fun! \:D/
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Jessicado wrote:
AIOfan11 wrote:I don't really care for the game. It is kind of boring. There doesn't seem to be any strategy.
The strategy is not to hit the bombs!! Try it now-the game should be more fun! \:D/
Hey, it works! I'm winning! \:D/
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Dr. Watson wrote:
Jessicado wrote:
Hey, it works! I'm winning! \:D/
:lol: That made me chuckle. :)

How could anyone solve an intermediate in 10 seconds? I really want to know. :-k
Last edited by Chandler on Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

I can solve the beginner in 10 seconds!!! I deserve and award!!!!! =D>
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Jessicado wrote:I can solve the beginner in 10 seconds!!! I deserve and award!!!!! =D>
So can I. :noway: The best is to make your own custom game. Set it so you have as many squares as it will allow and as few mines (10) as it will allow. Sometimes you'll click somewhere for your first turn and automatically win. 8-) Too bad it doesn't keep track of that. ;) :-
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

This thread totally inspired me to start playing again! The other day I played it again, and *help*, I realized I've really lost my touch! I need to practice more!!
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
dancer02248
I've been working out

Post by dancer02248 »

wow...that game always makes me so mad, casue no matter how slow i play, trying to get it right...i mess up....argggg
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

My mouse always slips and I accidently hit a mine! :mad:
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

I play just for fun....What I like to do is set it to "Custom", and make it as big as I can, and every once in a while, I get lucky, and one click will win the game! \:D/
katrinameltzner
I've been here a bit

Post by katrinameltzner »

I am a minesweeper freak. My best time for beginner is 12 seconds!
Woo-Hoo!
Intentions are good;
Committment is necessary;
But in order to move forward,
Actions are required.