Cold cereal

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Cold cereal

Post by KODY 105 »

Cold cereal
Frosted Flakes, Cheerios, Cap'n Crunch, and more!
Part 8 of a series on foods by KODY 105 Enterprises, Inc.

Another food questionnaire for all the food connoisseurs on the ToO! Please answer the questions and then you may follow up with a general discussion of cold cereals.

1. Do you regularly eat cold cereals for breakfast?
2. If so, which one is your favorite? Least favorite?
3. Do you use anything other than milk to pour on your cereal? (*shudder*)
4. Do you eat cold cereal regularly for any meal other than breakfast?
5. What is one humorous anecdote you wish to tell regarding an experience with a cold cereal?
6. Do you eat only cereal with milk/something-other-liquid (*cough*Jayaar*cough*), or do you drink a glass of orange juice or something else?
6. Have you eaten breakfast yet? (This being 08:40 EDT.)

ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

Honey nut cheerios for me! \:D/ My dad banned me from fruit loops. :(

1. Do you regularly eat cold cereals for breakfast? Yes
2. If so, which one is your favorite? Least favorite? Honey nut cheerios! those puffed chocolate balls... Yeuck.
3. Do you use anything other than milk to pour on your cereal? (*shudder*) No.
4. Do you eat cold cereal regularly for any meal other than breakfast? Eh. I eat a cup of cereal every now and then.
5. What is one humorous anecdote you wish to tell regarding an experience with a cold cereal? So, at youth camp once, there was a place wher you could get milk, kind of like the soft drink dispensers in fast food joints. I didn't see it, and my youth leader's wife was like, "You eat cereal dry?" Ha.
6. Do you eat only cereal with milk/something-other-liquid (*cough*Jayaar*cough*), or do you drink a glass of orange juice or something else? I sometimes drink juice.. But there is milk in it, you know.
6. Have you eaten breakfast yet? (This being 08:40 EDT.) No. :( But I've been hungry for almost two hours now.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Post by SivartM »

1. Do you regularly eat cold cereals for breakfast? Yes.
2. If so, which one is your favorite? Least favorite? My favorite is currently Weet-Bix! \:D/ I don't know what my least favorite is...
3. Do you use anything other than milk to pour on your cereal? (*shudder*) Um... I have my cereal plain. :anxious: But my mom went to school with a kid who put Mountain Dew on his cereal! \:D/
4. Do you eat cold cereal regularly for any meal other than breakfast? Nope.
5. What is one humorous anecdote you wish to tell regarding an experience with a cold cereal? Besides the Mountain Dew kid? I can't think of anything, really...
6. Do you eat only cereal with milk/something-other-liquid (*cough*Jayaar*cough*), or do you drink a glass of orange juice or something else? I usually have a glass of milk with my cereal, and I've taken up the habit of drinking grapefruit juice as well.
6. Have you eaten breakfast yet? (This being 08:40 EDT.) I had eaten breakfast, but then I remembered we had bread so I made buttered toast, which I am eating right now.

Go Weet-Bix! \:D/
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I regularly have cereal for breakfast! \:D/ My favorite is Cinnamon Toast Crunch, with milk. I usually have a glass of water along with it. I haven't had my breakfast yet, I'm headed to the kitchen right now. :yes:
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
LizzieG
I've been working out

Post by LizzieG »

1. Do you regularly eat cold cereals for breakfast? Only when I'm at home. At school, biscuits win. :inlove:
2. If so, which one is your favorite? Least favorite? Rice Krispies. I haven't tried enough cereals to have a least favorite.
3. Do you use anything other than milk to pour on your cereal? (*shudder*) Nope.
4. Do you eat cold cereal regularly for any meal other than breakfast? I don't eat much cereal at school, period. At home, however, it's a great addition to any meal or midnight snack. :yum:
5. What is one humorous anecdote you wish to tell regarding an experience with a cold cereal? That... I've never figured out how much milk to put in my cereal, and usually put in too much. O:)
6. Do you eat only cereal with milk/something-other-liquid (*cough*Jayaar*cough*), or do you drink a glass of orange juice or something else? Water.
6. Have you eaten breakfast yet? (This being 08:40 EDT.) Not at the time you posted, but 10 minutes later I was.
V-lady
Miss Independent
Miss Independent

Post by V-lady »

1. Do you regularly eat cold cereals for breakfast? Nope, most of the cereals we buy are disgusting. :(
2. If so, which one is your favorite? Least favorite? Either Cocoa Puffs or Reese's Puffs. \:D/ Definitely plain Cheerios and Raisin bran
3. Do you use anything other than milk to pour on your cereal? Definitely not.
4. Do you eat cold cereal regularly for any meal other than breakfast? Not regularly, but I have done it before
5. What is one humorous anecdote you wish to tell regarding an experience with a cold cereal? One time A friend, my sister and I went down into the dining area of a hotel and ate fruit loops really late at night. We were starving. :p
6. Do you eat only cereal with milk/something-other-liquid (*cough*Jayaar*cough*), or do you drink a glass of orange juice or something else? Milk in my cereal, and water or juice on the side.
6. Have you eaten breakfast yet? (This being 08:40 EDT.) Yeah...

It's been forever since I've eaten a bowl of cereal....

*Goes to see if there are any good cereals in the pantry*
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

Not regularly. Sadly, breakfast for me is usually a cup of coffee or tea on the run. :(

I have an unusual fascination with granola. I love it. I could eat it for every meal - seriously. A close second, is Swiss-style museli. I'm not very fond of really colorful or dessert-ish cereals like fruit loops.

3. Do you use anything other than milk to pour on your cereal?

Yes! The closest thing to milk I use is rice milk but I also enjoy yoghurt, soy milk and juice as alternatives.

Occasionally, yes.

5. What is one humorous anecdote you wish to tell regarding an experience with a cold cereal?

Growing up, due to allergies, I never used cow's milk on my cereal, so I used to enjoy grossing the other kids out by pouring juice, goat milk etc on my cereal. \:D/

6. Do you eat only cereal with milk/something-otIher-liquid (*cough*Jayaar*cough*), or do you drink a glass of orange juice or something else?

Usually nothing else. Water?

7. Have you eaten breakfast yet? (This being 08:40 EDT.)

No, but then again it's 9:30pm. ;)
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Yep! Generally everyday.
I love Reese's Puffs, Cinnamon Life, Cap'n Crunch, Honey Nut Cheerios, Cocoa Puffs, Frosted Flakes, Froot Loops, Frosted Mini-Wheats, Golden Grahams, Grape-Nuts (with sugar), Honey Bunches of Oats, Raisin Bran and Honey Smacks. As I always say, "If it ain't sugary, it ain't cereal." ;)
Nope, never have.
Not really for meals, but I occasionally have it at various times during the day.
I'm speechless. =;
6. Do you eat only cereal with milk/something-other-liquid (*cough*Jayaar*cough*), or do you drink a glass of orange juice or something else?
I only eat it with milk, unless no milk is available, then I'd just eat it plain (rarely). ;)
6. Have you eaten breakfast yet?
No... we had oatmeal (with brown sugar) this morning. No cereal. \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Jeremy
Smile for the camera

Post by Jeremy »

Cereal with milk is gross... I eat it dry. \:D/

Jeremy
SivartM
Hamster
Hamster

Post by SivartM »

Jeremy wrote:Cereal with milk is gross... I eat it dry. \:D/

Jeremy
Another normal person! *high-fives Jeremy* \:D/
Josef1004
Classic

Post by Josef1004 »

1. Do you regularly eat cold cereals for breakfast? No
2. If so, which one is your favorite? Least favorite? I like them all the same, which isn't much
3. Do you use anything other than milk to pour on your cereal? (*shudder*) V8 or salsa and/or sour cream. That's if it's a more neutral cereal like corn flakes or chex; and I usually add some meat or cheese here and there or fish. If it's a sugary or fruity cereal, I usually stick with milk or cream or yogurt. Chocolate milk rules. Especially if it's made with 100% coca and no sugar. \:D/
4. Do you eat cold cereal regularly for any meal other than breakfast? No.
5. What is one humorous anecdote you wish to tell regarding an experience with a cold cereal? Once when I was in school (well, being homeskuled), I put a bowl of cereal in my desk without my mom knowing and whenever she wasn't looking I would eat some. The problem was that I spilled some in the desk and in a few days it smelled like sour milk in that whole part of the schoolroom.
6. Do you eat only cereal with milk/some other liquid(*cough*Jayaar*cough*), or do you drink a glass of orange juice or something else? I usually don't drink with my meals, but I might occasionally if I feel like it.
6. Have you eaten breakfast yet? (This being 08:40 EDT.) I don't normally eat breakfast, but someone gave my a taco before lunch, so I guess I could say I ate breakfast today, but it was not before 8.40, it was more like 11.15.
HORSE SENSE DWELLS IN A STABLE MIND.
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

SivartM wrote:
Jeremy wrote:Cereal with milk is gross... I eat it dry. \:D/

Jeremy
Another normal person! *high-fives Jeremy* \:D/
I don't have cereal too often, but dry is the way to go. :highfive: Life (the cereal) is good. ;)
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

I have rediscovered my love for cold cereal. Not only do I eat it almost every morning, sometimes I'll eat it for other meals as well. :D
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

You remind me of a person I know-- he eats cereal all the time. I get tired of it just after one meal...
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Stubborn
Expecting a battle

Post by Stubborn »

My father was raised on Corn Flakes.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, around here. \:D/
don't forget the rain.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

KODY 105 wrote:You remind me of a person I know-- he eats cereal all the time. I get tired of it just after one meal...
No way... do I know you??? :shock:
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

Yeah, though lately my mom's been making porrage.

Corn puffs! \:D/ Rice Crispies are bleh, unless you have bananas.

Yogurt is good on cereal. *nods*

Sometimes I have it as a snack.

I like to eat soggy cereal that's been on the table since breakfast sometimes. :P

I usually just have milk. Sometimes I have a glass of juice.

7. Have you eaten breakfast yet? (This being 08:40 EDT.)
Nope, I only eat breakfast on full moons to nourish me for my midnight transformation. :-
EUCC
Someone's favorite

Post by EUCC »

1. Do you regularly eat cold cereals for breakfast? Yes unless I am eating oatmeal
2. If so, which one is your favorite? Raisin Bran probably Least favorite? I can't think of the name but it's little yellow squares and mostly sugar.
3. Do you use anything other than milk to pour on your cereal? (*shudder*) Not anymore. I used water in college and grossed out my friends.
4. Do you eat cold cereal regularly for any meal other than breakfast? Yes and for snacks.
5. What is one humorous anecdote you wish to tell regarding an experience with a cold cereal? I am really into couponing and recently got 2 boxes of Kashi Go Lean Crunch for free and otherwise get cereal for 80 cents or less a box!
6. Do you eat only cereal with milk/something-other-liquid (*cough*Jayaar*cough*), or do you drink a glass of orange juice or something else? I drink coffee and water.
6. Have you eaten breakfast yet? (This being 08:40 EDT.) Yes.
DanP740
Trank Tank Driver
Trank Tank Driver

Post by DanP740 »

1. Do you regularly eat cold cereals for breakfast? Two bowls every morning
2. If so, which one is your favorite? Least favorite? Post Selects Blueberry Morning, and I have no idea.
3. Do you use anything other than milk to pour on your cereal? (*shudder*) No.
4. Do you eat cold cereal regularly for any meal other than breakfast? At 9:00, which is after dinner
5. What is one humorous anecdote you wish to tell regarding an experience with a cold cereal? Spilled a bowl full of rice crispies (without milk yet) all over the floor and getting to vacuum them up.
6. Do you eat only cereal with milk/something-other-liquid (*cough*Jayaar*cough*), or do you drink a glass of orange juice or something else? I usually drink nothing else, unless I have a bagel, which makes me want chocolate milk for some reason...
6. Have you eaten breakfast yet? (This being 08:40 EDT.) Yes. (This being 8:46 EDT)
StrongNChrist 1991-2011
Use the chatroom! It's been active for a year, and most of you are missing it.
"Every time I start banging rocks together to make a beat, I feel all guilty and I need to repent for my sinful ways. :(" - Jelly
"I actually want to see this happen... the controversy would be legendary. :o" - American Eagle
":hilarious: This ladies and gentlemen is the founding of: 'The Awkward Club!'" - Steve
"Happy birthday, big Mercy! \:D/ \:D/" - Whitty Whit
I wasn't yelling. I was talking with vehemence.
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Haha, I just ate 3-4 bowls of Honey Smacks. They were good and sugary! \:D/
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.