The Decision Has Come...

Come here to voice your comments, concerns, and questions with the mayor and their aides!
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

The Decision Has Come...

Post by Danielle Abigail Maxwell »

Did I mention I haven't gotten on in 38 days????

:P

My future is still undecided... stay tuned for futher info...

.... I broke my fast by two days... I'll see you all in two days...
Last edited by Danielle Abigail Maxwell on Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Congratulations you...
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

*congratulates DAM* \:D/
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
InHisArms
Still standing tall

Post by InHisArms »

Congrats! Btw while you were gone AE and I named our baby after you. \:D/
The good ol' ToO.
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Congrats, DAM! \:D/
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Yay! \:D/
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Why I must leave the Town of Odyssey:

This was a long time coming. How I did not realize and succeed before Norton’s class, I will never know. But, as the Lord says, “For there is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven" (Ecclesiastes 3:1), my “season” has come.

After my 40 days, I have decided to leave. My time on here has come to an end. After about three and a half years, I have finally reached this point. It’s been slowly coming for a few months now.

Why are you leaving? would be your first question.

I spend too much time on here. Period. I can get my HW and necessary stuff done, but I still spend too much time. I need to put all my effort into family and school cause I’m a Senior. And I need to look towards the future...

I have a feeling this next part will affect a few people, but… (and what I say does not mean everyone… but, in essence, yeah, maybe I am grouping everyone together. Kind of sounds like this place, to be honest):
I have to leave because of the people on here. Yes, you’re human, it’s natural to be. (haha… okay, I’m weird) But I get the sense that most of you seem to think you need the respect when you don’t deserve it, and that you are all mature, which seems far-fetched.

I’m not going to name names. Period. But, you may get the understanding of whom just by reading that.

I have to leave because the stress level. I do say its internet and you say that too… but has everyone forgotten we’re still human? We are people. We aren’t some non-living thing. We are humans. And that’s where my stress comes from. From those who seem to think they rule this place. It is called the popular people. (Like those that run for admin and win these days). It’s not JUST an internet site. It is real people who have real feelings. I think we tend to forget that when it’s over the internet. That we can be rude and head-strong and not affect anyone. But we do affect people. I have made the mistake myself, so I blame myself too, not just everyone else.

Will you ever come back?

Who knows. Maybe once in a while. See if this place has changed at all. You never know! Corey could come up with another awesome replica of the ToO… wait, there is TEP!!!!!! :) I might stop by once in a while. But I must put my work into living life, not Odyssey.

Do you hate us all? (I threw that in cause... I get that feeling...)

?????? No. Yeah, I may still be mad at a handful of you, but… you’re still people. I know you too well to hate you, to be honest. You only hate someone when you don’t know them well enough… or don’t know them at all.

There are those I’d like to say a thank you to.

LS: We’ll still talk on FB, no worries. This isn’t our only means of communication. You’re awesome. Don’t give that up. :)

Regis: We’ll still talk on FB too. :) But you keep trying for adminship. There is no rule about how many times you can run, even in a row (just how many times you can win... right?). I know you can do it. But, remember, while there are real people on here, it is only internet. TEP doesn’t matter too much either, even when it’s your own masterpiece. (Hey, I had my own board once too. Yeah, kinda died too…) *hugs*!

Catspaw: You’ll be missed. You’re a great admin. *hugs*

JIA: I still remember you helping me when my life seemed like carp. Thank you for that. I know you are human and have the same struggles all of us do. But you have so much joy! :) Keep it up. You’ll still be one of my FB friends (and myspace too probably…)

Chandler: :) I’ll NEVER forget Spirit Week. You rocked the house!!!! (Even when we lost by like… 3!!) Keep up those skills. They’re amazing! And if I remember correctly, I have you on FB too. You’ll still be there.

And to everyone else... Good Luck. You're going to need it. :p

I'll hang around for a day or two, and then drift off into space... wait, earth.. nevermind...
Last edited by Danielle Abigail Maxwell on Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Abigail
Crazy lil blondie
Crazy lil blondie

Post by Abigail »

Well we will miss you. :sniff:
^She is back!! In all her glory!^ For real this time! ;)
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

Goodbye, Danielle! I'm sorry to see you leave. :( You'll be greatly missed, so don't forget to stop by once in a while to say hi! :hello:

At least now you have a baby named after you. ;)
Last edited by American Eagle on Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Catspaw
Care Bear Admin
Care Bear Admin
Post by Catspaw »

Aww, thanks for explaining why you need to leave, Danielle. And thanks for the kinds words to me - I appreciate them. :) Good for you for thinking and praying about what you need to do and following through on it!
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote:Chandler: :) I’ll NEVER forget Spirit Week. You rocked the house!!!! (Even when we lost by like… 3!!) Keep up those skills. They’re amazing! And if I remember correctly, I have you on FB too. You’ll still be there.
Aww, thanks Danielle. :hug: I realize this has been a tough decision. Yes, I'll still see you on Facebook. :)
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

Good-bye. :hug: You will be missed by me. :sniff:
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

*shudders* Passive voice! ;)

Farewell, Danielle. Whenever you join another forum or website and you use "Danielle Abigail Maxwell," be sure to remember where you first made the name!
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
JesusIsAlive
Former Admin (x2.5)
Former Admin (x2.5)

Post by JesusIsAlive »

Danielle Abigail Maxwell wrote: JIA: I still remember you helping me when my life seemed like carp. Thank you for that. I know you are human and have the same struggles all of us do. But you have so much joy! :) Keep it up. You’ll still be one of my FB friends (and myspace too probably…)
Anytime, Danielle! :hug:

I hope you have a splendid Senior year and an awesome time away from the ToO! :yes:
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

Have a nice life. :)
Irwin
Springer from Odyssey

Post by Irwin »

Bye awesome person! :hug:
No way I broke the window

Post by 31899 »

Good Bye *tear* Sorry if I caused any stess.

31899 :bye:
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Wow... bye, DAM. :( You were one of my first friends. I remember when we planned the whole Rusty Gordon Blog thing together and everything... it's sad that you're leaving.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Danielle Abigail Maxwell
Odyssey Book Author
Odyssey Book Author

Wow... Maybe I shouldn't leave after this... well... Okay, so, I'm hanging around for a few days cause I have something cooking.. then I'll leave...

But can I ask a question?

I want something straightened out... but I can't get the nerve to ask it, and I'm not going through my usual source...

This is more like to past admins... I was never allowed to be a mod because?
For which their usual answer is "There were too many to pick from! We just picked the best! Better luck next time!"

So, that's actually part of the reason of my stress and annoyance of this place.... because what people say doesn't reflect what they do. Your actions never correspond with what you say... and some of you may take that as an insult, but I hate to say the truth can hurt (it does for me all the time... even when I hate to accept it, and have to, need to)

I'm a sinner. But are you?

(And 31899, *hugs* You never stressed me out. More like elections stress me out when people start doing things that are absolutely wrong...)
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

I never made you a mod because back in my day I didn't really notice you...and just recently well, you know, you were gone. ;)

I wouldn't worry about it though...being a moderator isn't the end all be all of your ToO life. \:D/ You're a great member and we would hate to lose ya!