Mentors

Who's been a special person in your life?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Wow, a few people consider me a mentor! :thud:

But though I stand by my first statement of Jared and Continental Admiral, I have tons of people I would consider mentors here and elsewhere in the world, and I don't want to leave anyone out, so, I shall name NONE OF THEM!!!! \:D/
Mandy Straussberg
Animatronic

Post by Mandy Straussberg »

Funny you should ask... my two best guy friends' grandpa asked the same thing in a workshop (from our worship conference) today.

This is what I came up with:

Mom
Dad
Jamie (highschool pastor/birth to young adult overseer)
Jeremy (jr. high pastor/youth worship overseer)
Jennie (my best friend)
Ellie (my sister)
Brennan (one of the aforementioned best guy friends)
Chandler (the other aforementioned best guy friend)
Jenny (a leader at church who shares a lot of my views)

Mandy
Music is my life. God's given me gifts, and I like to use them.
Spirit now lead me, take me where You will
I long to adore You, reveal Yourself to me
My cry is to please You, so have Your way in me
Completely to bring glory to Your Name
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

People listed me as a mentor!?!?!?!?

Must stop hitting baby seals in the head with sticks.............. :anxious:
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

I thought of one more! There was the sweetest lady at my church. She didn't have a very good up-bringing, and didn't have a very good lifestyle before she was saved. After she was saved, she had a lot of ups and downs, but once she was firm in her faith, she was the most amazing person I've ever known! Her spiritual gift was definietly encouragement, every time I saw her, she gave me a big hug, and smile. We were pen pals, and her letters always made my day! Even now, when I read them over, it's encouraging.
Now, she had a back problem, and had to under-go a couple of very painful surgeries, but she never, ever complained. She just kept encouraging others. I wasn't the only one, she gave everyone at church a present on their birthday, she corresponded with at least one other girl. She was staying with a family at church, the ones who had brought her to the chapel. One day, Mr. K came home, and found her on the floor. She was taken to the hospital, but she had already died. They thought she may have had a heart attack. That was two years ago.
But she was such a mentor to me, because she was a great example, I don't know if I could be so sweet and uncomplaining if I were in her shoes!
Rodney Rathbone
Pilgrim

Post by Rodney Rathbone »

My mentors!? Jesse James, Bonnie and Clyde, Richard Nixon, and my Pop!
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

That's encouraging.
beka8910
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by beka8910 »

My mom has deffinatly been my mentor. She's always there for me and she encourages me. Another plus is she puts up with me and my sibilings. Also she deals with my dad who is like another kid/teen. She is my hero and she is my mentor. I love her so much, its rediculous!