Justin Bieber

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Justin Bieber

Post by jelly »

It's sad, actually. :( Justin Bieber is another one of those things that make me hit my head and wonder what the world is coming to.

Thoughts? Anyone listen to him? (It's kinda hard to miss him, as of lately...)
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

He has a higher voice than Taylor Swift... it's weird.
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

Thoughts? He stinks. I saw a 'live' performance of his song 'One Time' (or some such nonsense) before I even knew who he was... and at first, I thought it was some sort of horrible American Idol audition... with a band and backup singers. I was astounded when I found out the kid's actually an entertainer o.O.

In short? He cannot sing to save his life, and his lyrics are pathetic to boot. He makes Taylor Swift seem like Carrie Underwood... and have I mentioned how appalled I am that Taylor Swift calls herself 'country'? Anyone here listened to 'You Belong With Me' lately? It's number 1 in the 'Top 20 Country Countdown'. I wanted to puke when I read that. She won female vocalist of the year and all sorts of stuff with it and other songs- songs that don't even deserve to win her 'Pop Singer of the Year', let alone 'Female Vocalist'! She's another one that amazes me. *shakes head* What has music come to? It makes me want to become a singer more than anything else.
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

Iron and Light wrote:Thoughts? He stinks. I saw a 'live' performance of his song 'One Time' (or some such nonsense) before I even knew who he was... and at first, I thought it was some sort of horrible American Idol audition... with a band and backup singers. I was astounded when I found out the kid's actually an entertainer o.O.

In short? He cannot sing to save his life, and his lyrics are pathetic to boot. He makes Taylor Swift seem like Carrie Underwood... and have I mentioned how appalled I am that Taylor Swift calls herself 'country'? Anyone here listened to 'You Belong With Me' lately? It's number 1 in the 'Top 20 Country Countdown'. I wanted to puke when I read that. She won female vocalist of the year and all sorts of stuff with it and other songs- songs that don't even deserve to win her 'Pop Singer of the Year', let alone 'Female Vocalist'! She's another one that amazes me. *shakes head* What has music come to? It makes me want to become a singer more than anything else.
I agree. I was shocked to see him on the new years thing in New York. I told my brother to change the channel as soon as I saw him... The first time I ever heard of him was my friend complaining about how annoying he was.
(I do not think that Taylor Swift is "country", some of her first songs were sort of country, but if you listen Fearless- there's no country in that album. )
I actually could major in music if I wanted to in university, so maybe I should do that, and with my lack of singing talent I could use my connections to people in the industry to become a star.
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

... Ok, I thought of something right as soon as I saw the title of this thread, but I forgot. :(

*cough* He's definately overrated.
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
KODY 105
Radio Station
Radio Station

Post by KODY 105 »

I have no opinion concerning this person or his apparent lack of musical ability. I guess the general consensus is that he has no singing talent?
ToO siblings: Donna Blackbeard, Perron, Evil Chick, American Eagle, Stubborn, Shadowfax, and thelordismyshepherd (aka Anna), but StrongNChrist is my twin!
StrongNChrist, deceased 03-25-11, requiescat in pace :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

He's a 15 year old who thinks he's Michael Jackson. And has a higher voice than Nick Jonas. And isn't cute at all. :noway:
Love you always, SnC
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?" -Albert Einstein
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

Iron and Light wrote:Thoughts? He stinks. I saw a 'live' performance of his song 'One Time' (or some such nonsense) before I even knew who he was... and at first, I thought it was some sort of horrible American Idol audition... with a band and backup singers. I was astounded when I found out the kid's actually an entertainer o.O.

I sense dislike.

He's actually not that bad of a singer... he just sounds like a little girl, and he's so full of himself because all the tween girls think he's the greatest...
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Iron and Light
Night is Falling
Night is Falling

Post by Iron and Light »

Have you actually ever heard him live? Sure, anyone can sound good on CD, but what their live performances sound like are how they truly sing (unless they're lip-syncing). Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus, and Taylor Swift have all shocked me when singing live.... suffice it to say, they all stink. I've even heard die-hard fans say the same about them. For instance, one girl said, "Man... I like Taylor Swift and all, but I just heard her live, and she sounded like a dying cow..."

And Justin Bieber makes Taylor Swift look like Mariah Carey.
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

It proves that all you need is a pretty face and random luck, and you're famous.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

well then, why aren't we all famous? I mean, we're all beautiful, and random luck is what we do best on the ToO! \:D/

Till the end of the line.
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

Shennifer wrote:well then, why aren't we all famous? I mean, we're all beautiful, and random luck is what we do best on the ToO! \:D/
Your parents have to have connections to help you get famous too.
Shennifer
Random sister
Random sister

Post by Shennifer »

oh yeah...forgot about that little detail. Anywayz, I think Justin Beiber sounds like a girl. But I don't think he sings higher than Taylor Swift.

Till the end of the line.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

I don't really care about Justin Bieber that much. :shrugs: Sometimes his songs are alright , but they're not that great either. So I'll just sit on the fence of apathy that divides all-out flamer haters from diehard fangirls on this one in order to retain a healthy indifference to Justin Bieber's music.
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

One of my best friends could not stop playing "One Time" on her phone and if it weren't for the sixth commandment and the adults around, I would have strangled her if she played it one more time. I'm not kidding.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
ShadowSa1nt
SS Random
SS Random

Post by ShadowSa1nt »

I first heard him on the disney channel while i was in a hotel with my cousins. I thought he sounded pretty good but his voice is way to high and it just sounds weird now that i have heard him more. "one time" is the most that anyone should listen to any of his songs. :noway:
Termite
Bard of Silly Annoyance
Bard of Silly Annoyance

Post by Termite »

*bump*

Yeah, well, I don't know if all of you saw this, but I thought it was worth the bump. :lol:

Here's the video. \:D/

But you have to watch the whole thing. It's adorable.
Last edited by Termite on Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Love you always, SnC
American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

:lol: Termite, that was fantastic! I'd heard about Justin Bieber, and didn't think much of him. Nevertheless, he was so cool in the video! It was so cute seeing him hug the little girl unashamedly. :yes: I'm still not a fan of his style of music, but I love what he did for the little girl, and now like him more as a person. :D
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Oba-rai
Blackgaard Prankster
Blackgaard Prankster

Post by Oba-rai »

is he the one who sang that song "baby, baby, baby" something or another?

because I heard that on the radio today, or the day before.
they may be copper,
annoying little coins! but,
they might be giants.
save your pandas: vote racecar!
Pseudonym
Pleasantly Confused
Pleasantly Confused

Post by Pseudonym »

Oba-rai wrote:is he the one who sang that song "baby, baby, baby" something or another?

because I heard that on the radio today, or the day before.
Yep. I thought that was a girl the first time I heard it, and I like to think I can usually tell the difference between young males and females singing.

Anyway, the prospect of a fifteen-year-old boy singing about love, losses, and heartaches of life in a prepubescent voice is pretty funny to me. That alone makes listening to his songs worthwhile, at least for a few minutes or so. I'm not a huge fan, however.
So you lost your trust,
And you never should have.
No, you never should have.
But don't break your back
If you ever see this,
But don't answer that.
In a bullet proof vest
With the windows all closed,
I'll be doing my best
I'll see you soon.