Ping Pong!

Otherwise known as Table Tennis

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Ping Pong!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Who here likes to play this lovely little game? Our family bought a ping pong table over ten years ago and we still have it. We've gotten pretty good at it, though I haven't played in awhile--that's because the table is covered with books, puzzles, scrapbooking equipment, and other miscellaneous stuff.

My brother and I used to have ping pong matches where we used the scoring rules for tennis. It would last all afternoon!

Do you like table tennis?

Cheerio

Doctor Watson
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

As long as it's not in a room with a lot of open doors, or places for the ball to crawl under so that you spend half the time searching for it. Other that that, I love it!
Evil Chick
Miss Whit's End

Post by Evil Chick »

I like it. It's a lot of fun, as long as you're playing someone who can actually play. I enjoy Round Robin, too, though.
May Zarkouni Live Forever! :goomba:
Well, Washington has been gratuitously compensated like forever by the credit companies.
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

Barely Is wrote:As long as it's not in a room with a lot of open doors, or places for the ball to crawl under so that you spend half the time searching for it. Other that that, I love it!
Heh, I know what you mean. Unfortunately, our room has three desks in it. The ball just loves to roll under them amongst all the stuff we have stored under them!
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

We have a very old ping pong table. It is covered with pool rafts and dust; I haven't played in a couple of years, but now that I'm reminded, I might try again. :) The biggest problem with our table is its age. It has a metal clamp on one edge holding the two sides together, and it is very easy to bump...then the two sides are off and don't line up correctly. It is not easy to fix either. :(
Linne
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Linne »

Dr. Watson wrote:
Barely Is wrote:As long as it's not in a room with a lot of open doors, or places for the ball to crawl under so that you spend half the time searching for it. Other that that, I love it!
Heh, I know what you mean. Unfortunately, our room has three desks in it. The ball just loves to roll under them amongst all the stuff we have stored under them!
Heh, exactly. At this one camp the ball finds the weirdest places to hide. Like, inside a door jamb, in between the couch cushions, into the dining room, bouncing off of people's heads out into the patio....
Me
An original

Post by Me »

I like to play, but I don't have anywhere where I can, and I'm no good at it.
beka8910
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by beka8910 »

I love Ping Pong and Tennis. Its so fun. My friends and I play.
Country Girl
Classic

Post by Country Girl »

It's okay I'm not great at it.. but it's okay
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

I was at a family reunion and they have two ping-pong tables there! yay what fun. I'm going there today to..
...I hate marquees.
dancer02248
I've been working out

Post by dancer02248 »

our pool table turns into a ping pong table!! it's a pretty fun game
David O
I'm memorable

Post by David O »

I love the game. We should all have a tournament sometime!

Last week I was at a church that had their ping pong table in a loft so that whenever you hit the ball too far off it would go flying down to the gymnasium one floor down. Needless to say, we were more careful than usual with our swings! ;)
Not dead yet.
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

I really haven't played it much, but I enjoyed playing it the short time I got to today! :D
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Yay, I played some more today. I was beating a lot too..
...I hate marquees.
Dr. Watson
Be positive!

Post by Dr. Watson »

I'm pretty good at it, but I have to admit: my granny can still beat me at it. She's 77 and is still really good at ping-pong.
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

Watson is hard to play against because he's lefthanded and likes to hit the ball in the hardest place for a righthander like me to get. But I've beaten him a few times! :neener: I'm really out of practice though. :(
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.