Swimming and other water sports

well?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

I used to swim quite a bit, although I don't swim as much anymore. Still, I'm generally more comfortable in the water than on land- I'm a "water person", which explains my sometimes obsessive(...hmm, fine. Not OBSESSIVE) affinity toward beaches and rivers and ponds and the such.
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

Evil Chick wrote:I'm not a big fan of swimming, in fact, I don't even own a swimming suit.

I do like water balloon fights, and the like. They are fun. :D
Do they have swimming pools in Germany?
Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I love being in the water! (Notice I didn't say swimming - I'm not that good.) I also like to canoe and kayak. Fishing is all right, but I've only caught one in my life, and it was pretty small.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
katrinameltzner
I've been here a bit

Post by katrinameltzner »

Two weeks ago was my first time in the water. Since then, I have learned how to swim just a little bit. I love it so far, but I will be happy when I can do more than just doggy paddle!
Intentions are good;
Committment is necessary;
But in order to move forward,
Actions are required.
gimp80995
No way I broke the window

Post by gimp80995 »

crazyforjared wrote:anything that has too do with water is
fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ditto.....swimming, boating, fishing, water fights, etc......if it has me near water, I'm very happy. When I was younger, I use to get my chores done as soon as I could (during summer) that way I could go swimming.........and I would manage to stay in that river or lake (wherever me and my friends ended up going) until just about supper time......no wonder I don't remember CA being this hot.....I was still a kid last time I lived here, and it was a rare occasion that I had to be out in the heat, typically I was in a nice cold swimming spot.

Peace Out

-Gimp
God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

God, Grant us the peace that comes from honest dealings so that no fear of discovery will haunt our sleep May we inflict no pain, bring no shame, and seek no profit by another's loss.