New Lady Gaga single 'Born This Way'!

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
AIO Psyche
Geniune Disney Cast Member

New Lady Gaga single 'Born This Way'!

Post by AIO Psyche »

I just downloaded her new song this morning, and it's easily the best song I've heard in a very long time. It's incredible. I'm serious, it's stunning. It's gonna be the biggest hit of her career.

So, have you guys head it yet? If not, go listen to it ASAP.

What do you guys think of her new song? \:D/ \:D/
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

The ToO loves Lady Gaga, this is going to be awesome! \:D/
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

The Top Crusader wrote:The ToO loves Lady Gaga, this is going to be awesome! \:D/

:lol:

\:D/
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

Anyway, to at least somewhat add to the topic--I haven't heard the new single. I don't think Lady Gaga is satanic or anything but she does not represent my musical interests. I assume if this is a big hit I will end up hearing it eventually, though. \:D/
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

The Top Crusader wrote:Anyway, to at least somewhat add to the topic--I haven't heard the new single. I don't think Lady Gaga is satanic or anything but she does not represent my musical interests. I assume if this is a big hit I will end up hearing it eventually, though. \:D/
Trust me, you'll hear it at some point. It's gonna blow the charts up. It's already the number 1 downloaded song on iTunes, and will prolly stay that way for weeks.

She wasn't kidding when she said that this will be the biggest album of the decade......It's honestly THAT good.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Eh, I highly doubt it'll be the best album of the decade, with Outkast putting out a new album next year. \:D/
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Just listened to the preview. Sounds fine. I wouldn't say the best song ever though....

Just because it's the number one downloaded single doesn't mean it's the number 1 single. Most people probably are just like "Hey, Lady Gaga" and then they download it without hearing the preview.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

wow I didn't know you all liked Lady Gaga. I very much dislike her. she doesn't stand for Christian principles.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

*braces himself for upcoming harsh words/arguments* \:D/
Sapphire
A Beautiful Gem
Post by Sapphire »

I listened to the preview on iTunes. Not that bad of a song. Though it's not my style of music, and I'm not a fan of Lady Gaga.
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." ― C.S. Lewis
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

ric wrote:Just listened to the preview. Sounds fine. I wouldn't say the best song ever though....

Just because it's the number one downloaded single doesn't mean it's the number 1 single. Most people probably are just like "Hey, Lady Gaga" and then they download it without hearing the preview.
True, but it's already climbing the charts. The say it'll be a number one single sometime today and will dominate the charts for weeks. It's already on it way to being her biggest hit.

This year is her year.

You know last year her 'Fame Monster' album was the biggest selling album that whole year? She will have 20 million or more sales on her new album when it comes out.

"God makes no mistakes, I'm on the right track baby, I was born this way!!!!" \:D/ \:D/
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro

She fails to take into account science of genetic defects. :noway:
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

The Top Crusader wrote:She fails to take into account science of genetic defects. :noway:
LOL :lol: :lol:

:-k

\:D/
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

I don't care for her, just because I don't like her musical style. I can't get into the techno-pop stuff at all. I need something with driving guitars and lots of big acoustic drums to keep me interested. I also don't really care for what she stands for.
he/him | a little stinker.
Aaron Wiley
Popsicle kid

Post by Aaron Wiley »

I simply don't listen to Lady Gaga because of the way she flaunts her body around like a.. whore? Not sure description quite "captures" who she is, but you know. I don't really think it's the greatest thing for Christians to be listening to.
"And the Lord saw that man had created the Internet, and He was most distressed. For once people started using chatspeak and improper grammar, their level of smartness was decreased by more than 500%. And so the Lord removed all the gifts he had once bestowed on man, and it was very sad." The Book of Marvin, Chapter 351, Verse 442.
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

Yeah, she's a really crummy role model.
he/him | a little stinker.
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

This is gonna be the anthem of a generation. This album, and this song, reflects the feeling and struggles of millions of people the world over. She is the voice of the feeling and emotions of this generation. Feeling like an outcast, like a freak, like an abnormality, all these feelings and restlessness of this generation. She is the voice of that.

People don't understand the real motives and emotion of Lady Gaga. She isn't just doing all these things to get attention or cause a spectacle. She isn't doing any of this to get publicity.

Her fans are outcasts and anyone who feels different or weird. And her style reflects that. Cause Gaga is one of them.

She was made fun of and teased in school. And thus, Gaga was born. She created the character of Lady Gaga to be a symbol of the rebellion that she stands for. A celebration of weird, of odd, of crazy clothes and expressing yourself in insanely addicting pop songs.

If you have ever heard Gaga in concert, you will see that she refers to her fans as 'Little Monsters'. The term is yet another means to emphasize the idea of embracing your oddities and flaws and what makes you different.

'I'm beautiful in my way, cause God makes no mistakes. I'm on the right track baby, I was born this way. Don't hide yourself in regret, just love yourself and your set. Rejoice and love yourself today, cause baby you were born this way."

What a message of love. What an ideal to live by. What a motivation!

She is blazing a trail that few artists have. She is not catering to her record label, she doesn't care about sales, she doesn't care about recognition. She doesn't care about anything but supporting, celebrating, encouraging, and most importantly, loving her fans. It is all about her fans with whom she so strongly identifies with.

That is why Lady Gaga is my favorite artist.

And that is why this album is going to be the greatest album of the decade.

My goodness, this is the anthem of our time. It's seriously that good. It's gonna influence music in the future. It's that original.

The raw expression of exactly who Gaga is, as a person, as a human being. It's more than music. It's more than sales. It's more than even fame now. It's about making her statement. It's about helping change the world for the better.

The song, once and forever more, plants Gaga's flag into the ground saying loudly and proudly, "It doesn't matter who you are or what you are. Everything. It's all accepted. It's ok. There's nothing wrong with loving who you are, cause God made you perfect babe. Be proud of yourself, and don't let ANYONE tell you otherwise. Love yourself. You're beautiful in your own way. Cause God makes no mistakes. You're on the right track baby. You were born this way."

That is what this song and this album represents.

That is why this will be the best album of the decade.

Just saying. ;-)
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Hmm never thought about it that way before. but still her dresses and stuff still show she isn't appropriate.
AIO Psyche

Post by AIO Psyche »

takeitfromthetop wrote:Hmm never thought about it that way before. but still her dresses and stuff still show she isn't appropriate.
Exactly in what way is she not appropriate? The messages of her music are wonderful themes to be conveying. It's about self love.

And her fashion is very conservative, if you look at her as a whole. Take a look at her new picture on the cover of Vogue. Very classic and elegant.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

AIO Psyche wrote:The messages of her music are wonderful themes to be conveying.
Are you being serious?