Spies vs. Army_Day 3

This forum is home to games of all various shapes and sizes. Members are welcome to start and participate in contests on this board.
Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

Moontide wrote:
Honestly, though Moontide, I made that rule because it always bothered me that people would claim to be something they weren't. I'm trying to keep this game as honest as possible and still have it play smoothly.
But that is the point of the game. This game is based around mafia lying.

But this is shocking, how could anyone act so guilty but not be, but let this be a lesson to you. Don't act so guilty. ](*,)

Oh nice Moontide try to find a reason for you epic fail and complete lack of judgment.

:lol: Nice try Moontide! I would have thought what you did to in your situation. Come on Army you can do it and I will keep reading the outcome! I have my suspicions of spies. But I can't say now. I will find out soon.
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

Since you're dead you can PM me your suspicions if you want \:D/ I'm rather curious as to who you think the last living 3 spies are :-

Good luck you guys and get some rest :x

;)

Oh, and Spies, CIA, and Medic don't forget to send in the PM's if you haven't.
~Forever at her Savior's side.~
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

That wasn't a fail, he had a very legitimate reason to suspect you. I felt the same way. :noway:
Taps

Post by Taps »

3 Words. I.Was.Joking. \:D/ If you read my post a little later you would read that I said I would have done the same thing.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I read that, but I thought you were being sarcastic because of the preceding laughing smiley.
Taps

Post by Taps »

No that was supposed to be laughing at what I said on the first sentence about the epic fail. Sorry about the misunderstanding. I admit I did look pretty suspicious the only reason I voted for her was because I didn't suspect anybody.
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I understand now, it was good natured laughter. I just got thrown off by the placement. ;)
That wasn’t actually what made me suspect you (or Moontide I believe) it was how quickly you jumped to the defense of AIOluver, who turned out to be a Spy. (making you look like a Spy because you seemed to be on his side)
Taps

Post by Taps »

I guess because I feel sympathy for people I died. :lol: ( I am kidding ) I understand now!
Moontide
No way I broke the window

Post by Moontide »

I guess because I feel sympathy for people I died. :lol: ( I am kidding ) I understand now!
You are kidding about what?

-- 17.03.2011 05:09 --
That wasn’t actually what made me suspect you (or Moontide I believe) it was how quickly you jumped to the defense of AIOluver, who turned out to be a Spy. (making you look like a Spy because you seemed to be on his side)
Yes, that is true and this post:
thegreenringC wrote:
Moontide wrote:thegreenringC, Why did vote for me? The fact that you and AIOluver both voted for me with no reason given makes it look like you and AIOluver are on the same side and know it. There for you that makes it look like you are mafia. If you could give a reason for voting for me it would make you look a lot more like town.
I won't even try to defend myself, because then I'll just appear more scum-like. But I wasn't thinking when I voted bookworm, and if he gets a few more votes, I'll change it, because if he's not a spy, we need him since he's good at this.
OK, understood.

Vote: iluvsns

Vote: AIOluver

because he looks like maifa and has a lot of votes on him.
Well if I don’t get shot here it will probably all be for naught anyway, because the Spies will kill me in the night to keep my deductive skills silent.
It’s the price of being good at things like this. :(
Well, I am not mafia so I won't tell them to like it did in the last game.

fixed triple post - aussie aio fan
I voted for you because If I gave a reason then you would think I was a spy like everybody else. Which you don't know because you do. How do you know if I am Spy or Army? I deal with Psychological battles. If I gave a reason you would be like - He is a spy. So thats why. But I won't say WHO I am. If I had to give a reason its because I feel like your up to something.
Then when I responded to it you replayed with:
It seems to me that you voted for AIOLUVER for no reason at all. That is why I am suspicious of you. And I was just trying to confuse you with my contradictions. :lol:
Even though I had given lots of reasons for voting for AIOLUVER, and saying " I was just trying to confuse you with my contradictions. :lol:" makes it look like you were trying to cover up a mistake.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Hey Moontide, could you possibly just use the quote button, so it shows who it is that's saying the quote?

btw, guys, it's just a game. ;)

edit: also, maybe you should stop being so suspicious. AIOLuver and TGRC are known for, you know, just having fun. There's nothing wrong with that, but since that's something they're known for, maybe I would start by suspecting some of the many people who haven't posted at all. imo, not posting at all is way more suspicious than 'acting suspicious'. Yes, you were right about AIOLuver, but I think it would be more productive to start confronting some of the townspeople who haven't posted at all.

edit2: I could help with that, but I haven't exactly been up-to-date with this game, sadly. Has Parker Family posted at all?
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

I thought I saw Parker Family post once :-k The only one I can't recall posting at all is Ninja. :shrugs:
Moontide

Post by Moontide »

ric wrote:Hey Moontide, could you possible just use the quote button, so it shows who it is that's saying the quote?
I never use the quote button. I just sometime put the name into the quote tag, like in this post.
ric wrote:
Yes, and games are for winning. ;)
the guy with the cow avi wrote: edit: also, maybe you should stop being so suspicious.
And how am I being suspicious? Please tell me so I can see if I can use your methods for find mafia.
ric wrote:AIOLuver and TGRC are known for, you know, just having fun. There's nothing wrong with that,
Yes, there is. It makes it harder to tell difference between the mafia from the not mafia, doing that would make it harder for the town to win. There for having "fun" like that is an anti-town thing to do.
ric wrote: but since that's something they're known for, maybe I would start by suspecting some of the many people who haven't posted at all. imo, not posting at all is way more suspicious than 'acting suspicious'. Yes, you were right about AIOLuver, but I think it would be more productive to start confronting some of the townspeople who haven't posted at all.
And where is the logic behind that? I have seen less cases of mafia not posting than of mafia posting. The only reason I can see for voting for lurkers would be the fact that it is anti-town behavior, not that the mafia do it.
ric wrote: edit2: I could help with that, but I haven't exactly been up-to-date with this game, sadly. Has Parker Family posted at all?
Why don't you read the thread to find out? Reading the thread id a great way to find out what is happening.
ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Moontide wrote:
ric wrote: edit2: I could help with that, but I haven't exactly been up-to-date with this game, sadly. Has Parker Family posted at all?
Why don't you read the thread to find out? Reading the thread id a great way to find out what is happening.
Ya, that's the point, I haven't been reading it. But I will from now on.

You've successfully rebutted all my points, but I still think you're reading a little too much into things. I dunno. Maybe it's just because people voted for me twice when I wasn't the mafia without having any reason at all, so I'm just trying to make sure that doesn't happen to people. I'm NOT saying that you're voting for people without reason. But whatever. As I said, it's just a game. Play however you want. :)

And let's not turn this into a debate. I'll admit, you have way more experience at playing this game than I do, and you probably know more about it.
Taps

Post by Taps »

ric wrote:Hey Moontide, could you possibly just use the quote button, so it shows who it is that's saying the quote?

edit: also, maybe you should stop being so suspicious. AIOLuver and TGRC are known for, you know, just having fun. There's nothing wrong with that, but since that's something they're known for, maybe I would start by suspecting some of the many people who haven't posted at all. imo, not posting at all is way more suspicious than 'acting suspicious'. Yes, you were right about AIOLuver, but I think it would be more productive to start confronting some of the townspeople who haven't posted at all.

edit2: I could help with that, but I haven't exactly been up-to-date with this game, sadly. Has Parker Family posted at all?
Right Ric, And you aren't known for having fun? :D ( JK ) He's right Moontide its just a game. Its about fun not winning. :) Which I had fun reading SNC's EPIC posts!
Moontide

Post by Moontide »

ric wrote:And let's not turn this into a debate. I'll admit, you have way more experience at playing this game than I do, and you probably know more about it.
I really don't. I have only played 1 game online before we started play mafia again on ToO. It is just that I have read a lot about it.
thegreenringC wrote:He's right Moontide its just a game. Its about fun not winning. :) Which I had fun reading SNC's EPIC posts!
But it is fun winning. :)
ric wrote:but I still think you're reading a little too much into things. I dunno. Maybe it's just because people voted for me twice when I wasn't the mafia without having any reason at all, so I'm just trying to make sure that doesn't happen to people
Yes, you should be trying to keep the town from killing town because that is the worse thing it can to.
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

I have to agree with Moontide here ;) It is fun winning and it's fun trying to determine who is who and guess and be suspicious by their posts.

Although thanks to you guys who have complimented my posts. That's the funnest part for me on this game. Getting to write them \:D/

*Nudges people* Day comes on Monday and I'm still lacking PM's here people ;) Those who haven't PM'ed me yet, send it off. I need 'em by Monday 4 P.M. EST by the latest. Any later then that and they won't be accepted.
radgeek
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by radgeek »

*Goes to other room to record the events of the early morning*
I have the best signature ever!

ToO mother of Merlin J. Marvin, iluvsns, ric, TKD, Alyssa, Garrett, ID4J and Monty and the other siblings that I've yet to find. ToO sister of Whitty Whit.

In the market for a Reformers Unanimous Signature Banner

Blitz: You Americans are lost. As missionaries, we generally hate stereotypes.
Jelly: Was this meant to be ironic? ;)
StrongNChrist
A Silent Prayer Warrior

Post by StrongNChrist »

Okay, guys. It's not morning yet. I'm stalling a bit longer in hopes of recieving the PM's I'm lacking. In about 2 hours I'll make it morning. Sorry it's taking longer then usual :anxious:

Someone post after me please :-
Taps

Post by Taps »

Ok SNC no Biggie! Lets go army! Do you mind if I post my thoughts here even if I am dead?
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

Can we assume that morning has come?
It's been awhile, hasn't it?