ToO Epidemic?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

ToO Epidemic?

Post by Lee »

What's going on around here?
Parker Family wrote:I'm sorry to inform everyone that I will be leaving the ToO for a long time no joke

I need to set my priorities right and set it towards God
Its been a good time knowing you all and I really feel a deep lost by leaving , but this is what I really have to do.

The time I am coming back is really unknown... A week, a month or even a year

God Bless ~ Parker Family

P.S. I love you all
Joanne wrote:Dear ToOers,

I really, really, don't want to do this but I need to. The internet has really been a distraction lately so I'm giving up the ToO for a month and I won't be on as much after that. I don't want to leave all my wonderful friends, but school has to come first. I will be on today taking care of some things but I will be gone after that. Thank you all for being so kind to me and being so awesome.
A big shout out to all of my closest friends: tgrC, Lee, Alyssa, Lenard Melstner, Parker Fam, Karen K., Marvin D, Live4Him, Joyfully, AE, SL, ric, Sapphire, TKD. All of you and everyone I forgot to mention have helped me through many hard days. Thank you so much.
I will miss you all very much.

~Joanne/Jo/guineapig/ sidekick/ Emily Jones/ Sis

P.S. This is not a joke.... although I wish it was.
Live4Him wrote:And I will be leaving the ToO for awhile. No joke. It's getting so catchy and I haven't spent any time with God and I should. I'm thinking of reading the entire book of the Bible. I don't know when I will be back. This is my last day here. I may or may not come back. I don't know what will happen in the future. I love you guys and I think you are amazing so...bye.
-Amy
Balloon #27

\:D/
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

People are acting on rash impulses.
In my opinion.
Amethystic
Random Rebel
Random Rebel
Location: Somewhere between this world and the planet Xoltac.

Post by Amethystic »

*shrug* One must prioritize, I suppose.
Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Post by Parker Family »

bookworm wrote:People are acting on rash impulses.
In my opinion.
I've been thinking and praying about this for some time so don't call it rash :noway:
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

How long is 'some' time?
LJ Gibbs
29K to go!

Post by LJ Gibbs »

As long as they needed..and it really isn't a bad thing. :anxious:
To prioritize that is

The revelation of God is whole and pulls our lives together.
The signposts of God are clear and point out the right road.
The life-maps of God are right, showing the way to joy.
The directions of God are plain and easy on the eyes.
God's reputation is twenty-four-carat gold, with a lifetime guarantee.
The decisions of God are accurate down to the nth degree.
Monty
A great mapmaker

Post by Monty »

bookworm wrote:People are acting on rash impulses.
In my opinion.
I don't know if we should bash their decision. We need to support them if they feel they need to go. (But three at once?... Seems fishy)
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

I never bashed, and I made it clear that was only my opinion.
If they truly feel they need to take a break, that’s up to them. I just hope they have thought it through properly.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

It's sad... imo. :( :mecry:

bookworm
ToO Historian
ToO Historian

Post by bookworm »

It is sad. That’s why I hope they’re leaving for the right reasons and really gave it thought. Because otherwise it’s causing them, and others, unnecessary ache.
I’m not saying they’re wrong to go, I’m not saying they’re wrong to stay. That’s completely up to them.
All I’m saying is I don’t know (obviously, since I’m not them) how sincere their reasons for leaving are.
Joanne I am very convinced has true motives. I think she made the right decision.
I think that perhaps the other two had the same idea somewhere in their minds, and were maybe contemplating it, and when they saw Joanne make the first move they were ‘pushed’ to follow suit.
It’s quite possible I’m wrong and they truly did think it through long and hard and reached the same conclusion independently from Joanne, and if they did then more power to them. I’m just not sure what to make of it, seeing they’re all leaving in such quick secession.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

If anyone else leaves I'm really gonna lose it.

;)

American Eagle
Chief of Police
Post by American Eagle »

If that's the way you feel about it, I QUIT! :x
he/him | attorney | spartan | christian | bleeding heart type

Note: My past posts do not necessarily reflect my values. Many of them were made when I was young and (in retrospect) misguided. If you identify a post that expresses misinformation, prejudice, or anything harmful, please let me know.
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

*sobs uncontrollably*

AE???? You're not leaving me Tooooo are you?

:sniff: *sniff* :sniff:

ric
Isaiah 6

Post by ric »

Everyone, I really need to get my priorities straight. So I've decided that I need to...WATCH EVERY EPISODE OF DOCTOR WHO EVER MADE IN UNDER A MONTH!!! That just really takes precedence over my friends, so I'll be leaving for under a month. :(
jelly
A Truly Great Noob
A Truly Great Noob

Post by jelly »

SIN. :x

I dunno why everyone feels the need to post an epic farewell when they leave... because then if they want to come back, they end up just feeling embarrassed or foolish. I think if God's calling you away or whatever, you could just... stop visiting. :P Maybe if you're PMing someone, you could let them know, but you don't have to make a big deal about it.. because bookworm's right, it's kinda starting to like an attempt to get praise for choosing God over the internet or whatever.
Fallacy of false continuum. // bookworm
Any cupcake can be made holy through being baptized in the name of the Butter, the Vanilla and the Powdered Sugar. // Kait
Lee
Totally Random
Totally Random

Post by Lee »

*dies*

RICCCCCCCCCC...........
;)
get ready for the trip to HH guys. ;)

Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

iluvsns wrote:*sobs uncontrollably*

AE???? You're not leaving me Tooooo are you?

:sniff: *sniff* :sniff:

Well I'm not going anywhere, Don't cry Lee *gives Lee a hug* :hug:
The Top Crusader
Hammer Bro
Hammer Bro
Location: A drawbridge over a lava pit with an axe conveniently off to the side

Post by The Top Crusader »

Yeah what bookworm said basically, as he remains to be full of wisdom. ;)

Some people may be considering it, once someone actually does it, it creates a domino effect, giving others the will to go ahead and get on with it.

Although I'd say a good 80% of these don't last a week. ;) I did it once or twice but even if I don't bother getting on the ToO at home I have way too much spare time at work to not stop in. ;)
Dakota
Found

Post by Dakota »

Those are the smart ones. I'm not smart. if I was I'd leave.
I'za weirdo.
The Kings Daughter
Sonbeam
Sonbeam

Post by The Kings Daughter »

First of all, whether they feel led or whatnot is between them and God, and not for you all to contemplate. ;)

You don't think they should start topics announcing why they are all of a sudden dropping out of things?? Would you rather a massive pm? :P
Jelly wrote:SIN. :x

I dunno why everyone feels the need to post an epic farewell when they leave... because then if they want to come back, they end up just feeling embarrassed or foolish. I think if God's calling you away or whatever, you could just... stop visiting. :P Maybe if you're PMing someone, you could let them know, but you don't have to make a big deal about it.. because bookworm's right, it's kinda starting to like an attempt to get praise for choosing God over the internet or whatever.
Uhhhm, they are saying goodbye. Are you sure you aren't reading too much into this?

You all should just respect these people for trying to do what they think is best. It's hard enough to leave to begin with, you all are so comforting. :P

SnC Forever. Miss you still.