Xanga

Anyone else have one?

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Trillspots
Catspaw Rocks!

Xanga

Post by Trillspots »

Anyone else 'round these parts have a xanga blog? If so, what do you think?

Have you found any other better blogging service? Why is it better?

Does anyone know if there's an AOI Xanga blogring? If not, anyone want to start one?

-Trill (My Xanga is: http://www.xanga.com/trillspots)

Edit: I just realized there's already a thread about this.
Last edited by Trillspots on Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

some of my friends have one.......but I don't.
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Trillspots wrote:
I was just going to post that. Why does someone always have to beat me to it? :D
Andrea Meltsner
I've been working out

Post by Andrea Meltsner »

Me wrote:
Trillspots wrote:
I was just going to post that. Why does someone always have to beat me to it? :D
because we know YOU are going to bring it up!
Doctor Who is Awesome

I couldn't stay away

Nerdfighter for Life!
Trillspots
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Trillspots »

Because I knew someone would get mad at me for posting a topic that'd already been posted. I'm already having enough trouble fitting in around here without messing up like that. So I edited it.

-Trill
JesusFreak777
Expecting a battle

Post by JesusFreak777 »

Trill, have peopel realyl gotten mad at you? Or were they just leting you know that the thread existed?
A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man would have to seek Him to find her.

JF, JesusFreak777, and JF777 are all copyrighted by this user. Any violators will be fined and prosecuted. Thank you.
Trillspots
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Trillspots »

I've only done it once before. I was just saying that I've not been very accepted around here, and someone getting mad at me would not be good for my reputation. Not that someone has, just that they might and I was trying to prevent it. Make sense now?
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Trillspots wrote:I've only done it once before. I was just saying that I've not been very accepted around here, and someone getting mad at me would not be good for my reputation. Not that someone has, just that they might and I was trying to prevent it. Make sense now?
Makes sense in all but one area. I'm not sure how you define not being very accepted. In my personal experience, it just takes a while to start fitting into a forum, and unless I missed something, you seem to be fitting in quite well thus far. You seem to have avoided many of the traditional "n00b" gaffes, which is definitely a positive on the scorecard, if I may use the expression.
}SoC{Swift
Tallying up

Post by }SoC{Swift »

Here is mine

There is mine \:D/ [/url]
Trillspots
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by Trillspots »

Me wrote:
Trillspots wrote:I've only done it once before. I was just saying that I've not been very accepted around here, and someone getting mad at me would not be good for my reputation. Not that someone has, just that they might and I was trying to prevent it. Make sense now?
Makes sense in all but one area. I'm not sure how you define not being very accepted. In my personal experience, it just takes a while to start fitting into a forum, and unless I missed something, you seem to be fitting in quite well thus far. You seem to have avoided many of the traditional "n00b" gaffes, which is definitely a positive on the scorecard, if I may use the expression.
Thank you, avoiding the "n00b" gaffes, as you say was intentional. I have been a respected member on many other forums, and I know the things to do, and not to do. This crowd is just different, I suppose.

Also, that's a nice xanga!

-Trill, who is going to shut up before she loses any respect she may have unknowingly had.
Taq
A great mapmaker

Post by Taq »

While this is off topic on "n00b gaffes" (directed at no one in particular) I read on another forum these wise words:

Lurk before you leap.

That way you can get a feel for the forum and find out how most things work before jumping in. On the ToO we have The Steps, but a lot of questions can be eliminated by simply reading the threads about jobs, interest, EK's n00b guide, etc. I have done it at all the new forums I've joined, and it has served me well.
ObiWan Kenobi Girl
Why so serious?
Why so serious?

Post by ObiWan Kenobi Girl »

My sister has one but i don't you could ask her about it...
She's katr888 on the TH
AIOfan11
Younger than you

Post by AIOfan11 »

I am sorry, Trill. I understand. I am very sorry, but there is a thread about this that I made! Lol...but it is okay. I started it a long time ago.

:D
Me
An original

Post by Me »

Trillspots wrote:This crowd is just different, I suppose.
Ain't that the truth! :D I have great difficulty if I spend an hour or two posting here, and then head off to a place like www.dvxuser.com. It's just so different that I have to completely re-adjust. Not that it's a bad thing, just different. \:D/
Mandy Straussberg
Animatronic

Post by Mandy Straussberg »

Unfortunately, yes. An intern at our church started the fad within the youth group because he was going back to Colorado and wanted us all to keep tabs on him and he wanted to be able to read about us, too. The fad is slowly switching to MySpace, now.

Why did I say unfortunately? Because--due to the diversity and size of our youth group--in order to comment on all my friends blogs, I have a Xanga (first and foremost), a MySpace, a Livejournal, and a Blogspot. I rarely post on any but the Xanga, however.

Mandy
Music is my life. God's given me gifts, and I like to use them.
Spirit now lead me, take me where You will
I long to adore You, reveal Yourself to me
My cry is to please You, so have Your way in me
Completely to bring glory to Your Name
Samwise
Love to love

Post by Samwise »

I have a blog on my server, a blogger, a livejournal, and a xanga. I use my xanga the most for now.
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

...Internet fads... :noway:

That said, I have a xanga, a livejournal, and a blogger. I might even try myspace, who knows?
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr
COWBOY OF TEXAS
Climbing up the mountain

Post by COWBOY OF TEXAS »

Nope.
Click on the image, you know you want to! \:D/
"I was placed in jail during the reign of Regis for double posting and spamming. :( I felt very naughty." -Danae Doyle

"This is the ToO...Not Wikipedia."-COT "I had some really good replies to that, but they were too rude, so I deleted them. Nice going, CoT. You made me be nice for once." :( -CA
"Alas, not even I could perform such a feat."-Trinny
Me
An original

Post by Me »

*shudder* I can't stand myspace anymore.
Elf of Rivendell
random passerby elf
random passerby elf

Post by Elf of Rivendell »

Why, what's wrong with myspace?
sorrowing you must go, and yet you are not without hope

sarai: rice cookerrrr
uz: 'ice coakrrrrr!!
uz: that's like the next gen shad lexoooooorrrrr