Piano!

Who else loves playing the pianoforte?

Here's the place for discussing music, plays, YouTube videos, and any other media that doesn't quite fit in the other sections of Harlequin Theatre.
KelitaArcher
Crazy Southern Archer

Piano!

Post by KelitaArcher »

:) Ahhh... the sweet piano. Best instrument ever invented, besides the human voice, of course. :)
What is your opinion of it? Do you play it? How long have you been playing it?

I certainly love it...play it all the time and been doing so for nearly 4 years. ;) My opinion of it is very very high. :D \:D/

"It doesn't matter what you believe, it matters what is true."
The Hippie
Processing

Post by The Hippie »

I play it and love it :) I wouldn't say it's "Better" than all insturments, I also play guitar and enjoy them both alot :)

Love Peace, Love music, Love life.
KelitaArcher
Crazy Southern Archer

Post by KelitaArcher »

Hehe, yes, I suppose I'm being drastic in stating that, but then again, it also shows how much I like it! :) Guitar is great as well. :) What kind of songs do you play?

Laura Ingalls
Half Pint
Half Pint

Post by Laura Ingalls »

I don't play the piano, although it would be nice to be able to. I at least know what all the keys/notes are though, I just don't know how to really play it. :D Flute is my instrument of choice, though it has been sadly neglected for a long while.
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish, but for all to come to repentance.
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

I've played piano for 11 years. It's not too bad. However, I don't know if I should quit this year or not.
Steve
No way I broke the window

Post by Steve »

Piano's okay in my opinion. I played it for several months and gave it up (horrible teacher). I can get around on it, but would rather play a synth...
he/him | a little stinker.
Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Post by Parker Family »

I use to play it BUT I stopped :anxious:

Now I regret it :sniff: ...
KelitaArcher
Crazy Southern Archer

Post by KelitaArcher »

Parker Family...Awww... pity. You should try it again! :) It's never too late! ;)

-- Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:13 pm --
Laura Ingalls wrote:I don't play the piano, although it would be nice to be able to. I at least know what all the keys/notes are though, I just don't know how to really play it. :D Flute is my instrument of choice, though it has been sadly neglected for a long while.
Well, if you know the keys/notes, you are already one step closer to being able to do it! :) Flute is a great instrument too, though! ;)

-- Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:15 pm --
Anna><> wrote:I've played piano for 11 years. It's not too bad. However, I don't know if I should quit this year or not.
Why do you want to quit? Is it just not your interest? 11 years though... I couldn't imagine possibly ending after all that time and practice! :noway:

-- Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:16 pm --
Steve wrote:Piano's okay in my opinion. I played it for several months and gave it up (horrible teacher). I can get around on it, but would rather play a synth...
Oh dear, bad teachers are NOT any help. That's rotten. (I'm sorry to hear that.) Everybody's different, anyway, not everyone is supposed to be in love with the piano! :) :-

Parker Family
Smile for the camera

Post by Parker Family »

KelitaArcher wrote:Parker Family...Awww... pity. You should try it again! :) It's never too late! ;)
Haha ... maybe ;)
odysseyfan1
Classic

Post by odysseyfan1 »

I love playing the piano! :inlove: Probably all together, about 3-5 years.
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

KelitaArcher wrote:
Anna><> wrote:I've played piano for 11 years. It's not too bad. However, I don't know if I should quit this year or not.
Why do you want to quit? Is it just not your interest? 11 years though... I couldn't imagine possibly ending after all that time and practice! :noway:
That's a good point. I might keep playing for 2 more years. When I move away to go to university I'm going to have to quit lessons.
shadowdog
Still standing tall

Post by shadowdog »

I LOVE the piano! I have played it for almost 7 years. :D

I hope to continue for the rest of my life.

I don't know...there's a feeling you get when you play.

I may upload a vid of me playing soon ;)

Maybe if there's another Talent contest. Who knows?

:)

Here's a link to one of my favorite pieces of all time! :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZJDNSp1QJA
(yes, I can play it :))
Sherlock
Solicitor Non Grata

Post by Sherlock »

shadowdog wrote: Here's a link to one of my favorite pieces of all time! :D
I had to comment on this because I LOVE Yann Tierson's Amelie score (and it's also one of my favorite films, incidentally ;))

I think the piece you posted is Comptine d'Un Autre Été. My favorite is La Valse d'Amelie:

I've been playing piano for like longer than some of you whippersnappers have been alive. Le sigh. ;) But yeah, something like 18 years now, haha.
Jesus' Princess
Country Girl
Country Girl

Post by Jesus' Princess »

I play piano, this is my 4th year, and I like it alot :) I also play violin, and I would have to say that I like Violin a tiny bit better, they're both great instruments though!
KelitaArcher
Crazy Southern Archer

Post by KelitaArcher »

odysseyfan1 wrote:I love playing the piano! :inlove: Probably all together, about 3-5 years.
That's great! :) Good for you! \:D/

-- Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:23 pm --
shadowdog wrote:I LOVE the piano! I have played it for almost 7 years. :D

I hope to continue for the rest of my life.

I don't know...there's a feeling you get when you play.

I may upload a vid of me playing soon ;)

Maybe if there's another Talent contest. Who knows?

:)

Here's a link to one of my favorite pieces of all time! :D
Great! I would post a video (I've done about 12 now ;) ) but that would give away my alias, so nope. :-k :-# :-$

Honey Wheeler
OK

Post by Honey Wheeler »

I LOVE the piano!! I am going into my sixth year of lessons and I have done three compatitions.(Two festivals and one Guild)

I love words. I love to sing them and speak them and even now, I must admit, I have fallen into the joy of writing them.
~Anne Rice
KelitaArcher
Crazy Southern Archer

Post by KelitaArcher »

Honey Wheeler wrote:I LOVE the piano!! I am going into my sixth year of lessons and I have done three compatitions.(Two festivals and one Guild)
That's teriffic! I'd like to do one and would have by now except that there aren't any in my part of the state that will accept minors... :( :( :( :( ARG. Why????? :cry: :noway:

Taps
Set blasters to rapid-fire

Post by Taps »

I have played piano for 6 years and I am still going :D
Anna><>
A great mapmaker

Post by Anna><> »

KelitaArcher wrote:
Honey Wheeler wrote:I LOVE the piano!! I am going into my sixth year of lessons and I have done three compatitions.(Two festivals and one Guild)
That's teriffic! I'd like to do one and would have by now except that there aren't any in my part of the state that will accept minors... :( :( :( :( ARG. Why????? :cry: :noway:
There aren't any?
I always go into our local music festival. I have for probably 9 years now. It's really boring though... It's fun when you play, but I hate listening to others.
KelitaArcher
Crazy Southern Archer

Post by KelitaArcher »

Yes, trust me. That may be, though, because I live in a pretty rural area in consideration and 'culturaly', there isn't a whole lot in the area of piano. All the conpetitions are down in the southern part of the state, hours from us. :( Drat.
It's fun to play in public, isn't it? I like doing it at hotels and on church pianos. You get to see a pretty good variety, from grands to really old uprights, and then the in-between. I do have a recital at the end of the month, but it's so little and laid back that it really isn't much of a deal at all. I mean, I play, but it isn't a huge event in my life. Why do you hate listening to others play? Are they THAT bad? ;)