Legend Of Korra

Inside the theatre you're welcome to discuss your favorite television shows, musical artists, video games, books, movies, or anything popular culture!
TigerintheShadows
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by TigerintheShadows »

Maybe it is Bumi; that was one of my theories. Thing is, though, I think Aang and Katara would take as much care as they could to help Bumi not feel like a loser just because he couldn't bend, y'know? My theory is that either Bumi is Amon/Equalist or he recieved super awesome sword training from his Uncle Sokka, who probably went on an epic quest to retrieve Space Sword after the finale.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
"And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
"It unscrews the other way."
AIO tumblr sideblog
fodo14
Gold Member

Post by fodo14 »

And he never returned from his epic quest,so everyone thinks he's dead when in truth HES ALIVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D ................just hopeful thinking. :pray:
And Amon did say some firebenders killed his family,but he could have lied.

-- Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:28 pm --

and who's your favorite character so far
TigerintheShadows

I'm pretty sure he lied. No one reveals a "mysterious" character's backstory three episodes in without there being some kind of catch.

Or it's a red herring and that's what really did happen. :p

My favorite character? Probably Mako. He has all of the traits of both Zuko and Katara that I liked, but he's his own character with his own flaws and his own ideals and background.
"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" "So he can sneak up on people. Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."
AIO tumblr sideblog
fodo14
Gold Member

Post by fodo14 »

Wow really? I think I need to know more about Mako before I can say something like that. Mine is Korra, I like how headstrong and aggressive she is.Like for example in the Third episode when Mako and her are going to spy on the triple threats, Mako slowly crawled up to the door. Then Korra comes up and kicks the door wide open. It made me laugh
Peachey Keen
Smile for the camera
Post by Peachey Keen »

I hear Zach Callison (Matthew Parker) play a character called Skoochy on this show.
fodo14
Gold Member

Post by fodo14 »

Peachey Keen wrote:I hear Zach Callison (Matthew Parker) play a character called Skoochy on this show.
On the Avatar the last Airbender or the legend of Korra ?
Cause I have never heard of the character.Thats really cool though ,I might have to look that up
TigerintheShadows

fodo14 wrote:
Peachey Keen wrote:I hear Zach Callison (Matthew Parker) play a character called Skoochy on this show.
Cause I have never heard of the character.Thats really cool though ,I might have to look that up
Legend of Korra. If you saw "The Revelation", Skoochy was the shady street kid who told Mako where Bolin was for yuans.
AIO tumblr sideblog
fodo14
Gold Member

Post by fodo14 »

Ginny Weasley wrote:
fodo14 wrote:
Legend of Korra. If you saw "The Revelation", Skoochy was the shady street kid who told Mako where Bolin was for yuans.
o yeah thats cool.I might have to watch that over again. :shock:
TigerintheShadows

The Voice In The Night is out. Mako/Asami is being shipped.

LET THE WARS BEGIN.

AIO tumblr sideblog
fodo14
Gold Member

Post by fodo14 »

I like your presentation.
THE VOICE IN THE NIGHT!!!!!!!!!
I really loved this episode.I Thought this episode was well written, and the action scene when they were invading. It really clicked with me, and I like the older music in this episode.And Bolin as always was really funny and Mako and Asami well I JUST HOPE THEY STAY TOGETHER , CAUSE I DON"T WHAT MAKO AND KORRA TO LIKE EACH OTHER!!any way I thought the reason Amon Didn't take Korras Bending a way was that he Couldn't.
TigerintheShadows

fodo14 wrote:Mako and Asami well I JUST HOPE THEY STAY TOGETHER , CAUSE I DON"T WHAT MAKO AND KORRA TO LIKE EACH OTHER!!
And what would be wrong with that? I happen to love Mako/Korra.
fodo14 wrote:any way I thought the reason Amon Didn't take Korras Bending a way was that he Couldn't.
He directly stated that he wasn't taking her bending away because she would then be used as a martyr and that would rally the benders. He doesn't take it away because he has a greater purpose in mind, not because he can't.
AIO tumblr sideblog
fodo14
Gold Member

Post by fodo14 »

I don't hate them together or love them together.I'm just kind of tired of the team love thing.Like I would like it if they could find a love interest out side of there team.

Or they just need to grow on me.

and I was just saying if I was Amon I would kill her then.

I liked Mako in this episode cause in other ones he seemed like a lifeless goth,But in this one you saw a whole lot more character.
Last edited by fodo14 on Tue May 01, 2012 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gunblader3
Found

Post by gunblader3 »

Gosh, whats up with these love triangles. Its such a cliched in our entertainment world today.

That being said, I think that Amon might be a bender. Taking away a person's power permanently is also known as "energy bending". Though I'm not sure if it uses the same "ki" spiritual energy like normal bending (I assume it does). Though it is weird how Amon touches the forehead but not the chest like how Aang did to Ozai.

So my friend on facebook came up with another theory: "This may sound weird but When Amon did his chakra bending he blocked the forehead chakra and chi-blocking a pressure point on the other guys neck. The forehead chakra is blocked by illusion. The illusion is that the bender can't bend anymore. Amon used the chi-blocking to temporary disable bending and create that illusion so that the bender cannot bend untill he/she realises that the illusion is fake or open the forehead chakra."

Though it would be nice if we did have more info about energy bending.
Children are pure, they know who's the strongest. ~ Mask de Smith
fodo14
Gold Member

Post by fodo14 »

Thats kindof what I thought a more advanced type of chi blocking.or the people where faking the
abillitie to not bend
Caswin
Found

Post by Caswin »

gunblader3 wrote:So my friend on facebook came up with another theory: "This may sound weird but When Amon did his chakra bending he blocked the forehead chakra and chi-blocking a pressure point on the other guys neck. The forehead chakra is blocked by illusion. The illusion is that the bender can't bend anymore. Amon used the chi-blocking to temporary disable bending and create that illusion so that the bender cannot bend untill he/she realises that the illusion is fake or open the forehead chakra."
...wow.

Props to your friend. That makes a lot of sense.
Novacom transmission... one, two, three... testing, one, two, three...
TigerintheShadows

That does make sense. Someone also mentioned that there's a pressure point/chakra/whatever on the back of the neck that Amon is pressing. What's the point called? The amon.
Gosh, whats up with these love triangles. Its such a cliched in our entertainment world today.
It is, but Bryke did say that there was going to be "cheesy teen romance", and at least they're doing it realistically. Mako/Asami and their annoying little nose rubs and pet names make me want to vomit.
AIO tumblr sideblog
Caswin
Found

Post by Caswin »

Ginny Weasley wrote:Mako/Asami and their annoying little nose rubs and pet names make me want to vomit.
I just thought it was funny that they were performing an "eskimo kiss" with an actual Eskimo (or the closest thing in their world to an Eskimo) in the room.
Last edited by Caswin on Sat May 05, 2012 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TigerintheShadows

Caswin wrote:
Ginny Weasley wrote:Mako/Asami and their annoying little nose rubs and pet names make me want to vomit.
I just thought it was funny that they were performing an "eskimo kiss" with an actual Eskimo (or the closest thing in their world to an Eskimo) in the room.
MIND. BLOWN.
AIO tumblr sideblog
the_newfie_haystack
Catspaw Rocks!

Post by the_newfie_haystack »

I LOVE THIS SHOW. :D Saturday cannot come soon enough, especially after the latest episode.

To quote my thoughts on this show from another forum I am on:
Stuff I loved:

- Tenlin, especially Tenzin's "Criminey" and "WHY AM I TELLING YOU THESE THINGS" because it's just dead on funny. However, Lin had better not try to break up Pema and Tenzin or I will very quickly lose my respect for her. Having them be friends or a kick-butt crime fighting team would be awesome, though. I can easily see that happening.
- Speaking of which, LIN'S BENDING. MY EYES. I CAN'T TAKE THE AWESOMENESS, especially when she takes down the two chi-blocking mooks on the roof and the metal whips are all swirling around her. AWESOME. I want more of this.
- The Lieutenant. HE'S AWESOME TOO. He better not be dead, or I will be very, very mad because his design is too wicked and AWESOME to be used in just two fight scenes. I want to know more about this guy; what is his name? Why did he join the ranks of Amon? How did he ascend said ranks so quickly? What and who was he before the Equalists came along? Finally, what exactly does he look like without the fighting gear?
- The smackdown between him and Korra on the roof was beyond amazing. Korra was so AWESOME. I especially have to give props to the moment where she cracked him across the face with a dropped elbow, because I actually winced and said "Ooooh!" out loud, and trust me, THAT NEVER HAPPENS.
- The entire takeover of the stadium was fantastic. Seriously, was I the only one reminded of Anonymous when they saw the Equalist members in the crowd? Anyone can be a secret Equalist. Anyone.
- Amon is still one of the best villain characters to ever appear in Western Animation. Period.
- The music. Somebody get the music onto YT NOW.

Everything else has already been said by others in this thread, but rest assured, this episode gets a perfect 10/10 for the rooftop fight scene alone. Beautiful.
BRING ON EPISODE 7 PLZ.
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting." -- E. E. Cummings
Caswin
Found

Post by Caswin »

the_newfie_haystack wrote:However, Lin had better not try to break up Pema and Tenzin or I will very quickly lose my respect for her. Having them be friends or a kick-butt crime fighting team would be awesome, though. I can easily see that happening.
Well, Tenzin and Pema have been married for about ten years...
the_newfie_haystack wrote:- The Lieutenant. HE'S AWESOME TOO. He better not be dead, or I will be very, very mad because his design is too wicked and AWESOME to be used in just two fight scenes. I want to know more about this guy; what is his name? Why did he join the ranks of Amon? How did he ascend said ranks so quickly? What and who was he before the Equalists came along? Finally, what exactly does he look like without the fighting gear?
I've briefly entertained the idea that he is the real mastermind, but I expect that to be shot down by the next episode.

Until we do learn more about him, I propose that the answer to all of your questions is "His Moustache".