Google Maps

I know where you live...

If there's something on your mind that just doesn't seem to fall into any of the other categories, well, it quite likely belongs inside Joe Finneman's marketplace. Think of it as a general store for general discussions!
Andrea Meltsner
I've been working out

Post by Andrea Meltsner »

J-man wrote:has anyone seen the statue of liberty? I'm going to look for it now.
EDIT: I found it, I found it! find ground zero, then go left across the river. follow the coast going south until you see a star shaped thing on an island. that's it!
hummm gee thanks!
Doctor Who is Awesome

I couldn't stay away

Nerdfighter for Life!
Shad Lexer
Ignorance of the law is no excuse

Post by Shad Lexer »

It's cool, I found all that stuff! I love that site!
Trent DeWhite
Former Mayor

Post by Trent DeWhite »

Let's see who can find Shadowpaw's house first . . .

:headscratch:

I give up.
Check out our interview with Paul McCusker, author and director of Darien's Rise!
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

Jonathan wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:Well, maybe I don't exactly. But if you click on Google Maps and enter your address and city into the search box, you'll find your street on the map. But if you look on the upper right hand corner of the page and hit Satellite, you'll get to see your house . . .

If you left click on the map on drag, it's the same for the entire city. Entire state or province. Almost all of North America, I think. :-s Too cool. No doubt they have the ability to zoom in even closer. But then they'd be invading our privacy. [-X

*sees Shadowpaw working on his desktop* :D
Actually I read on the news that they don't have the capability to zoom to the extent that they could see in a window. I have seen satellite programs that can zoom more than Google's can, but not to the point where it'd be an invasion of privacy.

-Jonathan
where are these do you have links?
Shadowpaw
Town Founder

Post by Shadowpaw »

Trent DeWhite wrote:Let's see who can find Shadowpaw's house first . . .
My house isn't on the satellite system, it comes up with a "this map is not available" message, however my two former houses are there. ;) They've only got half of Calgary, apparently.
Sunday
Popsicle kid

Post by Sunday »

I'm in the same boat. The whole area is unavailable It seems no one is interested in looking at corn fields. :pray: Saved from loonies by the corn and soybeans. Wouldn't that make a movie! :-k
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Eugene Kendall wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
Trent DeWhite wrote:Well, maybe I don't exactly. But if you click on Google Maps and enter your address and city into the search box, you'll find your street on the map. But if you look on the upper right hand corner of the page and hit Satellite, you'll get to see your house . . .

If you left click on the map on drag, it's the same for the entire city. Entire state or province. Almost all of North America, I think. :-s Too cool. No doubt they have the ability to zoom in even closer. But then they'd be invading our privacy. [-X

Actually I read on the news that they don't have the capability to zoom to the extent that they could see in a window. I have seen satellite programs that can zoom more than Google's can, but not to the point where it'd be an invasion of privacy.

-Jonathan
I don't have them. The other sattellite service I was talking about was disabled a while back, and the news article is just something I found online back when Google announced this service.

-Jonathan
Sonuna
ion cannon ready

Post by Sonuna »

Almost none of Minnesota is mapped beyond third zoom level. ;_; Unfortunately.
"Sonuna" Taranimak ("Sonuna" Sharkquill) has been content lately. She admired own very fine Bed recently. She talked with a parent recently. She talked with a friend recently. She had a good meal recently. She admired a fine tastefully-arranged Desk recently.
She is a citizen of The United States of America. She is a member of The State of Minnesota. She is a member of The Town of Odyssey.
"Sonuna" Taranimak likes Bauxite, Copper, Green jade, the color navy, cloaks, ballistas, cats for their aloofness and hydras for their seven heads. When possible, she prefers to consume Dr Pepper and ramen.
She lives at a relaxed pace. She tends to avoid crowds. She has a fertile imagination. She is completely disorganized. She is very distant and reserved. She tends not to openly express emotions. She needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Ruthie
de lah rutheh rank
de lah rutheh rank

Post by Ruthie »

My house only has to the 2nd zoom :(
Jessicado
Love to love

Post by Jessicado »

I can only zoom in far enough to see the pores on my nose.... :(
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Mine zooms to 3rd level. I can barely see the road
...I hate marquees.
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

mines zooms all the way well as far as it can
Jeremy
Smile for the camera

Post by Jeremy »

Jonathan wrote:
Eugene Kendall wrote:
Jonathan wrote:

-Jonathan
I don't have them. The other sattellite service I was talking about was disabled a while back, and the news article is just something I found online back when Google announced this service.

-Jonathan
You can zoom in further at this site: http://www.pixxures.com/library/

Jeremy
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

mine zooms all the way it just gets blurry
EK
The Original EK
The Original EK

Post by EK »

oh snappo thats awesome
J-man
I like Cookies
I like Cookies

Post by J-man »

Awsome I can see the house I live in.
...I hate marquees.
Rachael Blackgaard
Dr Blackgaard's Girl

Post by Rachael Blackgaard »

Very neat, but they're old maps. We live in a quickly-developing area, and a lot of things around my house that have been recently built didn't show up on the satellite map.

It's good technology though; when Dr. Blackgaard comes back, he and I will have to put our heads together and come up with a way to spy on our enemies. We have many nemeses, unsurprisingly.
Chandler

Post by Chandler »

jessicado wrote:I can only zoom in far enough to see the pores on my nose.... :(
Where's that link? I want to see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =P~

(Rachelle... ;) )
MDB17
Lucid and deductive

Post by MDB17 »

Rachael wrote:Very neat, but they're old maps. We live in a quickly-developing area, and a lot of things around my house that have been recently built didn't show up on the satellite map.

It's good technology though; when Dr. Blackgaard comes back, he and I will have to put our heads together and come up with a way to spy on our enemies. We have many nemeses, unsurprisingly.
a housing devopment thats was built 4 years ago didn't show up on the second site!
Jonathan
Dungeon Master

Post by Jonathan »

Sonuna Hydris wrote:Almost none of Minnesota is mapped beyond third zoom level. ;_; Unfortunately.
The metro is, I haven't really looked beyond that much.

-Jonathan